PDA

View Full Version : Smog help!!

Bagsik_EVOVIII
10-28-2009, 01:42 AM
I've been going through the threads and still can't find answers...ok I need help guys..My 03 evo is due for smog it also throwing cel P0171 which is system too lean.

I tried looking for vacuum leaks but nothing and still throwing the SRS light ..i've drove back and forth to smog station but I still cant get it to smogged..Im about to clean my MAF sensor and will check to see if SRS will come on..

Please let me know what else could be trigerring that code or any knows any NICE smog station...:bow:

RREVOVIII
10-28-2009, 07:20 AM
I've been going through the threads and still can't find answers...ok I need help guys..My 03 evo is due for smog it also throwing cel P0171 which is system too lean.

I tried looking for vacuum leaks but nothing and still throwing the SRS light ..i've drove back and forth to smog station but I still cant get it to smogged..Im about to clean my MAF sensor and will check to see if SRS will come on..

Please let me know what else could be trigerring that code or any knows any NICE smog station...:bow:

SRS or SES? cause SRS is not an engine code...

was your car tuned? and did you add/remove any mods after your car was tuned?

Bagsik_EVOVIII
10-28-2009, 12:11 PM
SRS or SES? cause SRS is not an engine code...

was your car tuned? and did you add/remove any mods after your car was tuned?

oh yeah SES..
It was tuned by speedelement...yes i changed my exhaust with still 3" but different muffler, changed intake pipe from 4" to stock and added the hyperforce ign. system..

RREVOVIII
10-28-2009, 12:24 PM
oh yeah SES..
It was tuned by speedelement...yes i changed my exhaust with still 3" but different muffler, changed intake pipe from 4" to stock and added the hyperforce ign. system..

ok I sure that intalling the Stock airbox back and the hyperforce is was caused it. cause I just also installed my airbox from having a CAI and my afr leaned from 11.1 to 11.6. your best bet is have it tuned. if you have a wideband on your car I can help you but if not, take it to fftec or GST.
Posted from my mobile device

Bagsik_EVOVIII
10-28-2009, 01:09 PM
damn..ok thanks for the help...

Bagsik_EVOVIII
10-28-2009, 01:10 PM
I would hope to get an easy fix to smog my evo...damnit!..thanks for the help..

Kings Fan
10-28-2009, 01:37 PM
Something as simple as a dirty air filter can trigger that code, happened to me before. Could be an O2 sensor going out as well.

It probably is due to your switching intakes, you should get your MAF rescaled back to stock and go from there.

stockEVO8
10-28-2009, 02:14 PM
clean ure MAF sensor....

WWEVOVIII
10-28-2009, 03:07 PM
I get the same code, and after a day goes away. Im about to pull out the check engine bulb LOOOOOOL.

noypiC50
10-28-2009, 03:52 PM
Smog techs are trained to spot if the cel does not come on when the car is started. At least the guy did when i smogged my old 200sx but i got away with it cause he knows me and i just told him that the bulb must've been burned off.

Bagsik_EVOVIII
10-28-2009, 04:54 PM
hey guys...I passed the smogged ...It didn't showed the code during the test....now im thinking getting a retune next year....thanks for all the suggestions..

WWEVOVIII
10-28-2009, 05:03 PM
glad that you made it :). congrats

RREVOVIII
10-28-2009, 07:22 PM
hey guys...I passed the smogged ...It didn't showed the code during the test....now im thinking getting a retune next year....thanks for all the suggestions..

nice!