PDA

View Full Version : blox cams??

sho_evo_209
11-17-2009, 06:20 PM
hey guys i can across a thread about this awhile ago.. about blox 272/272
just starting this one to see if these cams have lasted and if so did they really outperforme the hks cams like promised?

sho_evo_209
11-17-2009, 07:05 PM
hey jay whats ur insite on this... reason im asking is cuz i saw speedelement sumewhat sponser these brand a while ago and just curious to see how they turned out?

Jbalke212
11-17-2009, 07:11 PM
I heard that they performed very well and lasted but when i went to order them Blox had liked stopped producing them and they were back ordered like 3 months or something so i went with the cossie m2's

sho_evo_209
11-17-2009, 07:13 PM
ouhh okay cuz i was seraching on evom.net and i was seeing really good reviews for them and just found some on optionauto.com

RREVOVIII
11-17-2009, 07:57 PM
what turbo setup you'll be running?
Posted from my mobile device

sho_evo_209
11-17-2009, 08:02 PM
evo 9 turbo..jay.. just a stocker 9

Kamikaze
11-17-2009, 08:09 PM
I have the Blox 272/272 cams with Evo 9 turbo on my VIII.
It's not my daily driver but I've put few thousand miles on them. Installed them beginning of the year. I got 316whp with 91 octane and 380whp with E85.

So far, I love them.

sho_evo_209
11-17-2009, 08:14 PM
okay good but u havent had no probs. wit em at all?
jay what think
if i go with evo 9 would it be good?..
whats ur insite on this?

RREVOVIII
11-17-2009, 08:17 PM
evo 9 turbo..jay.. just a stocker 9

i would say if you already have ARP Headstuds in there, then just save your money.

sho_evo_209
11-17-2009, 08:20 PM
yeah i do have arp studs in here already... just that now i need to swap out one valve stem seal... so that was what i was getting at jay.. but i have also though of not camming too or if i do get a good respectabel brand like hks or something but blox really strauck my eye a while back due to the fact that SE was selling them and had good reviews but thats why i want UR insite on this jay... cuz ur the man hahaha lol

RREVOVIII
11-17-2009, 08:32 PM
yeah i do have arp studs in here already... just that now i need to swap out one valve stem seal... so that was what i was getting at jay.. but i have also though of not camming too or if i do get a good respectabel brand like hks or something but blox really strauck my eye a while back due to the fact that SE was selling them and had good reviews but thats why i want UR insite on this jay... cuz ur the man hahaha lol

LOL, no man im just like everybody else in here..

If your gonna go all out on the IX Turbo, like getting it Ported and everything, then Yes Cams would be good, but if your just keeping it Stock (unported) then the Cams would just put your turbo beyond its efficiency. :wink:

sho_evo_209
11-17-2009, 08:35 PM
LOL, no man im just like everybody else in here..

If your gonna go all out on the IX Turbo, like getting it Ported and everything, then Yes Cams would be good, but if your just keeping it Stock (unported) then the Cams would just put your turbo beyond its efficiency. :wink:

naw man ur in another league buddy u have help me out abunch of times and that is just me hehe lol...
well i already have the 9 turbo and for now i just gonna have it stock but later on might do a fp red or a bbk full know
but as far as the near future just stock for now jay

RREVOVIII
11-17-2009, 08:43 PM
naw man ur in another league buddy u have help me out abunch of times and that is just me hehe lol...
well i already have the 9 turbo and for now i just gonna have it stock but later on might do a fp red or a bbk full know
but as far as the near future just stock for now jay

If you have extra $$$ to spend for the cams now, go for it, if not then just wait till you upgrade that turbo. Cause you wont gain much with them now :wink:

sho_evo_209
11-17-2009, 08:45 PM
ahh okay then jay got cha see once agian uve help me with the insane issues i am having ur the man dude! lol

RREVOVIII
11-17-2009, 08:51 PM
ahh okay then jay got cha see once agian uve help me with the insane issues i am having ur the man dude! lol

LOL, anytime man :wink: