PDA

View Full Version : Apexi Exhaust Valve Control

ArtEvoIX
11-26-2009, 03:41 PM
Sorry to bring back my old post from before.

Due to our state Cali has very strict law of modified exhaust. I found this as alternative for those who do not want lose their performance of getting a "quiet" restrictive exhaust. I might beconsider getting this, dont know if anyone tested this out before?

Here's description:
The ECV was created as an alternative to the standard silencer typically fitted in the tip of performance exhaust systems to lower the sound output. The ECV (Exhaust Control Valve) is a spring loaded butterfly valve that can be installed to the main piping of an existing exhaust system. The angle of the valve can be modified on the fly from within the cockpit to provide complete control over exhaust decibel output.

http://www.apexi-usa.com/products/?id=5326

RREVOVIII
11-26-2009, 03:48 PM
just go with these:

https://shop.quicktimeperformance.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=25

ArtEvoIX
11-26-2009, 03:50 PM
O snap thanks Jay.

sho_evo_209
11-26-2009, 04:05 PM
hey jay good work i have a cut out as well and it sounds mean when its off and on top of that nice power diffrence when its open given the fact i have one that u have to unbolt manually but really good when it comes to drag racing
Posted from my mobile device

sho_evo_209
11-26-2009, 04:28 PM
heres a vid of me racing with the cut out off arthur just to let u know how loud it gets with it off good power too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27-mOahNQ9U

ArtEvoIX
11-26-2009, 06:51 PM
hows the cutout work? is it like the dump pipe?

sho_evo_209
11-26-2009, 07:36 PM
in a way it is just what i like about it is that when u want it just un bolt the cap and u got it haha lol

ArtEvoIX
11-26-2009, 10:09 PM
so its like a dump pipe and ECV?

sho_evo_209
11-26-2009, 10:21 PM
in a way cuz u can keep ur stock cat and stock pipping
but to me its much better that way cuz u get best of both worlds mi amigo

ArtEvoIX
11-26-2009, 10:25 PM
but damn thats hella loud tho HAHA I can imagine how loud that would be LOL.... Evo Diesel Truck!

sho_evo_209
11-26-2009, 10:37 PM
a lil did u checl out my vid its just like that it sounds nice though mi amigo

RREVOVIII
11-26-2009, 11:28 PM
hows the cutout work? is it like the dump pipe?

it works just like running no exhaust :wink:

ricardomotorhead
11-27-2009, 12:06 AM
Im planning on running a set up like this, using a cut out of some sort, since cops around my area are pains in the arses. Although i honestly think about running a cut out after the cat, or "cat" (TP with a shield) I gotta some how hide it in case I do get pulled over and they decide to look around my car. I love the sound of loud cars :) but I do not want to take the risk to get state ref or get any tickets for silly infractions.

I'll let you guys know how this goes ;)

elanderholm
04-28-2010, 10:03 AM
Hi. I'm new here just moved from oregon. I have a wastegate installed that is controlled by boot pressure. At something like 7-8 lbs it will open up and dump directly below the car. I also have a valve I can turn under the dash that will close it off totally or open it. So I have two levels of control.

I have a totally stock car other then a tune, and the cut out. Car put down 310 on dyno jet before I left with the cut out open. It was good for about 21 hp over the stock system and is practically undetectable.

I would recommend using a wastgate and not some flappy metal thing. It costs a bit more, but is silient under normal driving and is boost controllable and very durable.

good luck.

edit: sorry i also have a 3 inch down pipe, but stock intake.

PAT@FFTEC
04-29-2010, 07:32 AM
Hi. I'm new here just moved from oregon. I have a wastegate installed that is controlled by boot pressure. At something like 7-8 lbs it will open up and dump directly below the car. I also have a valve I can turn under the dash that will close it off totally or open it. So I have two levels of control.

I have a totally stock car other then a tune, and the cut out. Car put down 310 on dyno jet before I left with the cut out open. It was good for about 21 hp over the stock system and is practically undetectable.

I would recommend using a wastgate and not some flappy metal thing. It costs a bit more, but is silient under normal driving and is boost controllable and very durable.

good luck.

edit: sorry i also have a 3 inch down pipe, but stock intake.
Got any pics of the device on your car or vids for us?

elanderholm
04-29-2010, 03:37 PM
I can try to get some picts of it tonight from underneath the car. I can take video with my phone of what it sounds like in the car...it's pretty crazy! :) But, I can turn it off totally so that's pretty nice.