PDA

View Full Version : WANT TO BUY: Evo VIII or IX TURBO (10.5 hotside a must)

SavageEvo8
01-17-2010, 05:21 PM
as some of you may know, my car broke down on me on friday. the turbo was shot, but luckily, it was only the turbo.
so today, my boys and i drove 5 hours total to Sac and back to pick up a IX engine complete with turbo, manifolds, o2 housing, but it had a blown rod. the seller and i negotiated a price over the phone and came to an agreement on a price. when we got there, we had to wait 20 minutes just for the guy to show up. once he got there, we started looking and talking, and next thing i know he asking for more than we discussed. :blink: :angry: im like"dude, i just drove 2-1/2 hours to buy something that we already talked a price on, and now that im here, you wanna jack it up?" he replies with"they are selling them on ebay for such and such, and blah blah and i like to fuck goats"( at least the goat part was all i started getting from his jibberish.) needless to say, i was furious. had my kids not been with me, i woulda thrown him thru his sliding door. i told the guy he could fuck himself, and him and his business was a joke. =@ so here i am, still turboless, and my car sitting dead at SE.
so, what im looking for is an 05^(10.5 hotside) turbo. i dont care if its a VIII, IX, BBK, Green, as long as its got low miles and is in excellent condition. im broke as it is, but this is my only car and i am without a ride for work or my boys, so i must get something ASAP... if anyones got something that wants to talk dollar figures, please PM me or email me at [email protected] . im a straight up dude, not lookin to screw anyone, but at the same time not lookin to get screwed. hope to hear from you soon
:drinks:

ArtEvoIX
01-17-2010, 06:24 PM
BBK!

SavageEvo8
01-17-2010, 07:21 PM
ya well money is an issue, so buying a new bbk isnt an option.

i wish a had a couple grand to throw down though... lol

ddubdb3
01-17-2010, 08:45 PM
sorry to hear man..what hapened with your turbo?

SavageEvo8
01-17-2010, 10:11 PM
i was hearing some noises going thru long sweeper turns... initially i thought it was a wheel bearing or lsd sound cuz it would stop making the sound as i would come out of the corner. but the other day, the second day after hearing the noise, it started again. only thing was, this time it didnt stop after i exited the corner. i merged onto the highway, exchanged waves with a blue X, and let of the gas. then, the sound went away. so i gave it gas again, and the sound came back. this time, i had no boost anymore... crazy whining anytime i was on the gas. after a mile of trying to figure out what was goin on(i htink it was disbeleif), i would notice puffs of blue smoke from my exhaust. i got off the next exit, and parked. idled just fine, but made this beans in a can type of clanking and rattling coming directly from the turbo. i turned off the car, and checked my oil, and it wasnt registering on the dipstick. i was worried my block could have gotten damaged. towed it straight to SE and they took the time afterhours, and on a saturday morning, to check things over, verify the turbo was shot, and inspected to make sure my engine was still good.

so here i lay, dead without my girl(or any car for that matter), and trying to get her up and boostin again. :)

nightwalker
01-17-2010, 10:12 PM
I have an 8 turbo with only 5k miles on it. It's practically brand new. I bought it from another member a couple years ago. It's just been sitting in my closet. I bought it just in case, to have for a rainy day. It's a 9.8 hotside turbo though. You can have it for the same price I paid for it. $140. Let me know if you don't find what you're looking for.

SavageEvo8
01-17-2010, 10:18 PM
i just need to verify if my hotside was damaged or not. hell, i dont even know if its possible, but i gotta find out from devin. and if thats just fine, then mounting it to your freshie sounds great. where are you located at? so i can factor distance into my decisions...

nightwalker
01-17-2010, 11:34 PM
What went bad with the turbo? If the CHRA did not completely blow apart on you, I don't see how the hotside could be damaged. You just need to remove the hotside, clean it, and bolt it on the new turbo.

I live in the East Bay (Berkeley, Richmond area)

WWEVOVIII
01-18-2010, 12:54 AM
wow, hey man sorry to hear about what you went through, anyways, im thinking of changing my entire set up to a bigger turbo, but I havent been able to find someone who has a BBK or FP green for sale, I have a White Rabbit turbo a long with 10.5hotside and stock mani this is on evo 8, so if your interested and know someone that has a set up for sale then hit me up im sure we can work somethign out, oh and I have to mention that the turbo has about 30K on it.

Domolution
01-18-2010, 04:24 AM
Awww, gawd! That dood up the price like that!?! Wow!!!! I fucking HATE when people do that kinda of sh1t mang, my gawddd......that shit is sOOooo fucking stupid/annoying!!!

Well, i hope you find what you need mang. :( Get that mug running, you'll need it.
Good luck! :)

SavageEvo8
01-18-2010, 09:12 AM
i just know my turbo wasnt doing a thing beside making a shit load of noise... something is definitely busted internally, just dont know how bad...

i may have found a ix turbo with lines included for a decent price. hes got some hks 264 cams also, but i dunno if thats worth the purchase for the cams... id like some 272.(lito has a set of helix 272s for a good price that im concidering as well)

ill keep posted on my decisions...

SavageEvo8
01-18-2010, 09:28 PM
picked up that IX turbo today... gonna tow my car home and do the install this weekend and hopefully follow with a tune next week. thanks for all the offers guys! i really appreciate everything! love this community!

ArtEvoIX
01-18-2010, 09:40 PM
Congratz man, time to do some porting as well if you havent yet : D

SavageEvo8
01-18-2010, 09:43 PM
if theres someone that can do it by the end of the week, shoot me their info! its goin in on sunday, but would love some porting!

i picked up a walbro also, and i have some rc 720's coming... looking for a titek o2, some good 272 cams, and a licp if anyone has em ;)

ArtEvoIX
01-18-2010, 09:48 PM
Stevo8 :D

Get some 1200cc with corn love :p

SavageEvo8
01-18-2010, 09:55 PM
theres no corn close enough for me to feel the love... i wonder how fast steve can do the job. ill pm him in "the other site"