PDA

View Full Version : Two tickets in one weekend

Offender
01-27-2010, 10:36 PM
I went up to Bend, OR to see my buddy who recently got back from Iraq, snagged one on the way up going 10mph over, and one on the way back for going 13 over. I did the super respectful stuff, keys on the dash, sir sir sir (which has gotten me many a warning before, guess my luck ran out). The second cop even knew I had gotten a ticket a few days earlier and didn't care, unfortunately. It was totally my fault trying to rush the trip to see my buddy, and I'll try to do TBD on one, but this is what I wanted to share:

Both court appearances are on March 1st, one in Dorris, CA is at 8am, the second in Willows, CA at 9am. I would have to drive over 196MPH to make it to both on time. Doesn't that seem like fucked up scheduling to give someone for speeding violations?

jay206
01-27-2010, 11:15 PM
damn! Sorry to hear that man, were this during day time? leaving the keys on the dash doesnt cut it man. thats just giving them a sign the you been pulled over before..

Positron
01-28-2010, 12:19 AM
Bummer Alex, CHP are just ticket revenue bastards since they are always on a power trip.

How is your car doing btw? Been awhile since I last saw you.

WWEVOVIII
01-28-2010, 01:31 AM
Sorry to hear man hope u find a simple solution and drive safe.

Offender
01-29-2010, 02:27 PM
Car is doing alright, there has been some sound coming from the transmission which I'm pretty sure is the pilot bearing. The guys at the shop in Indianapolis did a lot of great work, but when they put the Exedy clutch and flywheel in they didn't replace the pilot bearing with it, so I have some whine. Other than that she's steady, been making lots of trips to Tahoe (slowly...)

Evol06
01-30-2010, 11:10 AM
I received a speeding ticket back in Nov.09 on 880 south going 86MPH and its $332.00 due Feb.22 and I am first doing a written declaratrion which is trial by mail and if I don't like the outcome I can set up a court date. The officer doesnt get OT to write his respone either. I normally don't speed and just wasn't thinking. I have thought about a good radar detector and put it off, would have been cheaper. Just to keep me in check and alert. Laser/Radar Jammers are pricey. They probably won't reduce it so just pay and there based on MPH over and you are pretty low on both,0-15,16-24,25 and over.Hope you don't have any other recent tix. But the 2nd ticket might get ugly.Mine was 1st in 7 or 8 years and still $332, f-me. If the locations are in seperate counties they probably don't share information or relay it to each other. Anyway that sucks, sorry