PDA

View Full Version : It's that time of the year again.

Twentyrk
02-08-2010, 01:47 AM
I need to smog my car sometime in this month. I was wondering if any of you guys know of a good place to smog or even better, any hook ups. My car is pretty much stock, only thing is the HKS Carbon ti and the ebay test pipe. Would I be okay just putting the catylyctic back on and leave the exhaust? or should I just go back to fully stock?

Any input would be nice :heart:

ricardomotorhead
02-08-2010, 02:01 AM
You should be able to pass smog, as long as you put your stock cat, I am pretty close to stock, as well and I was even able to pass smog with a HFC. The only thing is where you are actually taking your car in which you may fail the visual inspection. I was fortunate that they didn't care too much what my engine bay looked like,(pretty stock)

Twentyrk
02-08-2010, 02:06 AM
You should be able to pass smog, as long as you put your stock cat, I am pretty close to stock, as well and I was even able to pass smog with a HFC. The only thing is where you are actually taking your car in which you may fail the visual inspection. I was fortunate that they didn't care too much what my engine bay looked like,(pretty stock)

Nice, where did you go to do your smog check?

ArtEvoIX
02-08-2010, 02:20 AM
Just put back the stock cat and catback for visual. You will be fine, after its time for you upgrade your downpipe :D

Twentyrk
02-08-2010, 02:28 AM
Just put back the stock cat and catback for visual. You will be fine, after its time for you upgrade your downpipe :D

Haha yeah man, And then after I can get my well overdue 60k service done LOL!:sneaky:

ArtEvoIX
02-08-2010, 02:31 AM
Haha yeah man, And then after I can get my well overdue 60k service done LOL!:sneaky:

You keep delaying it, the car is going to turn like Lito's:icon_smile_paranoid

ricardomotorhead
02-08-2010, 05:24 PM
Nice, where did you go to do your smog check?

Just a regular smog station, I kinda knew the guy so he didn't give me much shit about the other thingys floating around, but.... according to your mod list Im pretty sure your engine bay is pretty stock looking and as long as you have your C.A.R.B sticker on the intake you should be just fine, although I would suggest you to get your smog asap, since they are becoming alittle more of pain in the butt now on days and rules are getting more stricked.

I forgot to mentioned, fortunately my smog wasn't a TEST ONLY, this year.

batosai
02-08-2010, 05:31 PM
You keep delaying it, the car is going to turn like Lito's:icon_smile_paranoid

aw hellzz nah...I thought u were my friend...LOL why u gotta dis me??? :icon_smile_paranoid nways, OP lemme know when u wanna get the parts for that service coz we gots hook up on that..even the mad ballah who just dissed me knows the hook up on that :icon_mrgreen: as for the smog, let us know about that too...

ricardomotorhead
02-08-2010, 05:50 PM
Lito you got hook ups for a timing belt job?

Twentyrk
02-08-2010, 05:52 PM
^I could sure use a timing belt job, also could get my accessory belt replaced, I could use some other jobs....too.....:sneaky:

batosai
02-09-2010, 05:24 PM
Lito you got hook ups for a timing belt job?

yeah...lemme know when yur ready for the timing belt/water pump change hermano...all parts needed we gots hook up there too..

batosai
02-09-2010, 05:26 PM
^I could sure use a timing belt job, also could get my accessory belt replaced, I could use some other jobs....too.....:sneaky:

happy ending....heheheheh...we might have hook up for that too! :sprint: not in SJ tho...:icon_mrgreen:

ArtEvoIX
02-09-2010, 05:33 PM
aw hellzz nah...I thought u were my friend...LOL why u gotta dis me??? :icon_smile_paranoid nways, OP lemme know when u wanna get the parts for that service coz we gots hook up on that..even the mad ballah who just dissed me knows the hook up on that :icon_mrgreen: as for the smog, let us know about that too...

:D I didnt mean to dis you mang. SORRY LOL.... I was trying to pull fear factor on Ren, so he wont lag anymore :D

ArtEvoIX
02-09-2010, 05:34 PM
happy ending....heheheheh...we might have hook up for that too! :sprint: not in SJ tho...:icon_mrgreen:

I am down for some "happy ending.":icon_smile_paranoid

Twentyrk
02-09-2010, 08:11 PM
yeah...lemme know when yur ready for the timing belt/water pump change hermano...all parts needed we gots hook up there too..

Yeah man, I'm gonna need those done soon....

PM me if you know how much that stuff is gonna cost so I know what I'm up against. It'd be greatly appreciated :) Oh and thanks for letting your friend know.