PDA

View Full Version : I need a clutch!

Evo_xTSi
05-19-2005, 08:06 PM
Ok so I'm having 5th gear syncro problems :cry: . Oh well I've gotten over not having my car for 2 weeks.
But while it's in repair why the hell wouldn't I put a clutch/flywheel in?! I'm curious what has been good for people. I had an ACT 2600 in my Talon but I've heard nothing but bad things about the ACT 2900 for the EVO. Suggestions?

mattbcool
05-19-2005, 10:26 PM
depends on what your going to use it for? stock replacement? drag racing alot? road racing? just spirited driving? You dont need a super strong clutch if your just doing daily driving.

wilson1
05-20-2005, 12:07 AM
depends on what your going to use it for? stock replacement? drag racing alot? road racing? just spirited driving? You dont need a super strong clutch if your just doing daily driving.

+1

xchoirboy
05-20-2005, 06:24 AM
I have an ACT street disk in - it hasn't given me any problems

Evo_xTSi
05-20-2005, 04:40 PM

I definately don't want a stock replacement but I'm not about to kill my left leg either. I just want something that can hold the power of my car because my curent one is slipping. I'm not really drag racing but I do launch my car now and then. I would say primary use is for road racing/very spirited driving. I had the exedy twin plate in mind. Any thoughts on the performance/drivability of this?

SJCoruja
05-20-2005, 04:50 PM
I did a lot of clutch research before I replaced mine (and still made the wrong choice based on finances...haha). For your needs I would say go with Works CK1. I have heard it has much better holding capacity than stock but with very little to no increase in pedal stiffness. On the Exedy twin, I have heard that the street driveability can be an issue...not so much with the pedal but with the on/off engagement of the clutch. For roughly the price of the Exedy, the CK2 from Works has even more holding power, but there is a small amount of pedal effort increase.

lqdchkn
05-20-2005, 05:08 PM
The EVO is my first manual car, so my opinion here is useless but what's the consensus on CenterForce. I met a guy that had one installed and the pedal pressure was very noticeably lighter than stock.

newuser03
06-01-2005, 09:13 PM
The EVO is my first manual car, so my opinion here is useless but what's the consensus on CenterForce. I met a guy that had one installed and the pedal pressure was very noticeably lighter than stock.

+1

so, u know what clutch the guy installed on his EVO?