PDA

View Full Version : flash question?

BOOSTonHanD
05-19-2005, 08:26 PM
ok i was thinking of getting a flash and i have been searching for hours on evom.net and thought since we have some of the top tuners here in the bay i would ask you guys and girls, which flash should i go with and why? i had talked to a couple of people and they told me that they went with vishnu because they went with his stage one and their pretty damn happy. but then ive also talked to some suby guys and they tell me not to go with vishnu. im not bashing anyone but im trying to get as much info on these products and shops. i was also looking at a works flash because i hear thier products are also top notch and that there flashes are quality! so i hear all of these storys and opinions and i thought i would ask people with first hand knowlodge before i spend my hard earned money.

im in san jose so i have to drive regardless and im not looking for to much power :twisted: 300 to 350awhp! all i have is exhaust pieces and i was thinking of getting a flash because my car felt alittle sluggish after the exhaust. does works or vishnu offer free reflashs when you add mods? or do you come out of pocket when you change your set up. thanks for your time and opinions.

BOOSTonHanD
05-19-2005, 09:26 PM
ok i finally read this right

vishnu
"All future re-mapping is free of charge if upgrading with Vishnu components"
does any one know what it cost to get it reflashed? and are you able to run a mbc with a xflash with out screwing it up?

im looking not to run tons of boost and would like consistancy and quality over higher #s but i wouldnt mind some nice #s :twisted: so i think im asking who do you guys think can abstract consistant and reliable power for the buck?

ok that answered one of my questions.

JanSolo
05-19-2005, 09:30 PM
I think it is the same for WORKS parts as well. Buy WORKS parts, get a flash upgrade for the new component for free.

chris
05-19-2005, 10:04 PM
its basically up to you. those are the 2 local tuners... you choose your pick =)

MR Bye-Bye
05-19-2005, 10:32 PM
What about Dynoflash?
RAW

BOOSTonHanD
05-20-2005, 05:39 AM
i was thinking of dynoflash but im looking for something local. i heard dynoflash is good and more reasonable on price, but i dont want to have my car down when i really dont have to.

chris
05-20-2005, 07:25 AM
well for flash either way its good to go. i personally have the p2 and it pulls pretty hard =)

evo_dadi
05-20-2005, 08:22 AM
if you dont mind being carless for a couple of days dynoflash is not too bad as long as youre set with your mods for a while.

Jamie@WORKS
05-20-2005, 10:24 AM
I think it is the same for WORKS parts as well. Buy WORKS parts, get a flash upgrade for the new component for free.

You are correct :) WORKS offers free updates to all of our customers and was the first to incorporate all of Mitsubishi's software (i.e. both versions of the P0300). We are also the only flash to properly control boost through the software. Therefore, there's no need for an additional manual/electronic boost controller. If you choose to purchase additional WORKS components, free upgrades are also available. We also offer some flashes for non-WORKS items for a small fee as well as hourly custom tuning. Feel free to stop by the shop or give us a call if you have any questions :)

dohcvtec
05-20-2005, 10:30 AM
I have dynoflash because it was cheap, and well I'm cheap :). I had another car to drive at the time, so it wasn't so bad. But my ecu was sent to him overnight, then he overnighted it back to me that next day. So your car is only down for 2 days really.

ob4
05-20-2005, 11:13 AM
does any one know what it cost to get it reflashed? and are you able to run a mbc with a xflash with out screwing it up?

I run the xflash with a mbc for a while, but now I have an ebc in place of it. I prefer close-loop boost control on an ebc, and it's easier to make adjustment. I know that shiv doesn't recommand running a mbc/ebc with his flash, but as long as you don't over boost you should be fine.

-ob4

MitsubishZ
05-23-2005, 08:04 PM
Whats the deal with flashing and warranty?

GroundHog
04-16-2006, 01:14 PM
sorry to bring up a dead thread, but i've been trying to find as much info about the flashes as possible and have the same question......

anyone know what a dealership would say about a flash? if something happens to break down the road, i want to make sure i retain the warrantee.

or perhaps if it should need to be reflashed to stock to get dealer repairs, will works/vishnu put the same flash back on the ecu after its out of the dealership?

MitsuMan
04-16-2006, 01:23 PM
buy your cams and other parts and then go get it tuned one time

GroundHog
04-16-2006, 03:31 PM
i'm not talking about adding parts.....all i plan on doing is a turbo-back and a flash. i'm just wondering what the dealer is going to think about the flash if i need to take it in for repairs.

AreSTG
04-16-2006, 03:55 PM
i'm not talking about adding parts.....all i plan on doing is a turbo-back and a flash. i'm just wondering what the dealer is going to think about the flash if i need to take it in for repairs.

my car was shorting out, and they couldnt figure out the problem at the dealer, then they looked at my ECU and saw it's mounting "bracket" was a little scraped up from em removing it. They said if you have modded your ECU this might be the problem, of course i said i hadnt and then i found the problem.

So apparently they couldnt or didnt feel like finding out if the ECU was reflashed to void my warrenty. However take it out carefully and there wont be any physical evidence :)

Evo442
04-16-2006, 05:46 PM

Thats the beauty of a re-flash. Its stealthy. I dont think the dealer can find out if you are flashed or not.

To the original poster - I doubt you will go wrong with either Vishnu or Works. Both places know their stuff. FWIW, I've been very happy with my P2 flash.

Jamie@WORKS
04-18-2006, 10:09 AM

WORKS is capable of loading the stock software back onto your ECU for visit to the dealer and then reloading the Brain Flash software afterwards. However, we haven't heard of any troubles with the dealers and a flash. In fact, some are Authorized WORKS Dealers and we've flashed numerous ECUs for them.

GroundHog
04-18-2006, 10:17 AM
awesome. exactly what i wanted to know. thanks!

PANGES
04-28-2006, 12:04 PM

WORKS is capable of loading the stock software back onto your ECU for visit to the dealer and then reloading the Brain Flash software afterwards. However, we haven't heard of any troubles with the dealers and a flash. In fact, some are Authorized WORKS Dealers and we've flashed numerous ECUs for them.

How much do you guys charge to flash an Evo IX with just a turbo back exhaust and MBC? I suppose you would'nt need the manual boost controller for your flash though.

EDIT: I heard San Rafael Mitsubishi is pretty mod friendly, especially toward WORKS parts.

ALso, anyone give Gruppe-S a shot?