PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Norcal Road rallys

bdking57
05-23-2005, 03:04 PM
Is anyone intrested in doing road rally? I would really like to run these events to see just how they are conducted. If i feel this is something that I can organize.. id like to start setting up some up tempo road rallys in the monterey pennisula area, through some of our more exciting roads.

I need a co-pilot.

06/11/05 Mammoth Lakes National Course Road Rally San Francisco Marv Altman 760-872-1000
06/12/05 Owens Valley National Course Road Rally San Francisco Marv Altman 760-872-1000

A Course rally is also a time-speed-distance event, but requires logic to determine where the course goes, as well as the skills to remain at the assigned average speed. These contests emphasize mental agility as much as on the road skills. The ability to think quickly is necessary, often described as "Chess on wheels." If you are a "puzzle" person, then Course rallying is for you. Scores are generally higher as navigating the course correctly by solving the "traps" laid by the rallymaster plays a much bigger role in final scores than very accurate timekeeping.

Whooopasss
05-23-2005, 03:28 PM
A Course rally is also a time-speed-distance event, but requires logic to determine where the course goes, as well as the skills to remain at the assigned average speed. These contests emphasize mental agility as much as on the road skills. The ability to think quickly is necessary, often described as "Chess on wheels." If you are a "puzzle" person, then Course rallying is for you. Scores are generally higher as navigating the course correctly by solving the "traps" laid by the rallymaster plays a much bigger role in final scores than very accurate timekeeping.

I should be into this.. my mind is hypertreading!!

bdking57
05-24-2005, 02:47 PM
haha.. you want to do it? Im a math wiz to.. had lots of map orientation training at the citadel