PDA

View Full Version : LIST OF EVO X ISSUES

hellz Evo
04-02-2010, 11:55 AM
Lets make a list of issue that you guys are having with the might X.

For myself I have :

Blown rear diff

Blown exhaust valve seat

Crazy idle

Stereo gone wild, slapped it hard and has worked ever since ( that really did happen)

Some thing rattles in the gear console area... ( seems like some loose plastic etc )

Popped a throttle related code

torque limit code ( lost battle with a POS bov )

Clutch replaced

front tie rod ends replaced

I will add more as i remember.

ddubdb3
04-03-2010, 06:48 PM
dang all this driven on the street or track?

Cyp
04-04-2010, 02:02 PM
how many miles do you have on you X?

hellz Evo
04-05-2010, 05:56 PM
Street never tracked this one, however i beat the living day lights out of it.

ricardomotorhead
04-05-2010, 07:27 PM
Dang!!!! get rid of the Lemon junk.

osunick
10-03-2010, 02:28 PM
Street never tracked this one, however i beat the living day lights out of it.
Sorry to say, it's probably your fault. Beating the crap out of any car will cause it to break- the best track drivers obsessively maintain their cars, and race tracks have better road surfaces.

WimpRezaX06
10-12-2010, 07:10 AM
no one else have any problems?

grideevo
11-04-2010, 10:07 AM
Rattle: I drive a bumpy mountain road and do get some rattles in the dash but on a smooth well paved road its nice and quiet. Clutch: The clutch does take a while to get used to and I've never peeled out in the car in the 5k I've had it. Tires: The original tires that come with the evo x are about $350ea if you are looking to re-buy the same yokohama (a13?). I personally just picked up a set of BFGoodrich ultra high performance All Season tires to replace the ones that came with from tirerack.com ($133ea and currently in my garage waiting). Other than that my GSR has been a fun high performance machine. Damn that thing grips the road!