PDA

View Full Version : CMI Saturday Night anyone...?

spooolin4g63
05-12-2010, 09:33 PM
just checking too see whose going!

03Silver
05-12-2010, 09:35 PM
what is this?

spooolin4g63
05-12-2010, 09:38 PM
what is this?

lol, you ever been to Sacramento Raceway.?

jay206
05-12-2010, 09:47 PM
what is this?

Drag Racing, you should go :wink:

03Silver
05-12-2010, 09:48 PM
nope never been...jay u going?

now im kinda interested...

spooolin4g63
05-12-2010, 09:59 PM
Drag Racing, you should go :wink:

you going jay? hopefully there is a few of us out there..!

jay206
05-12-2010, 10:05 PM
you going jay? hopefully there is a few of us out there..!

I have work on Saturday's :(

spooolin4g63
05-12-2010, 10:07 PM
I have work on Saturday's :(

on that sux! this is gonna be my first time racing my car in the night time! i raced my lightning a few years back in the night and my et went down 2 tents...

jay206
05-12-2010, 10:11 PM
on that sux! this is gonna be my first time racing my car in the night time! i raced my lightning a few years back in the night and my et went down 2 tents...

What time does it Start?

spooolin4g63
05-12-2010, 10:18 PM
What time does it Start?

gates open at 2, so mostlikely at 4pm :huh:

jay206
05-12-2010, 10:29 PM
gates open at 2, so mostlikely at 4pm :huh:

:icon_cry:

mhezz13
05-13-2010, 11:19 AM
I believe thats NORTH vs SOUTH? Some of my friendS are goin. (w/honda's) i want to but tranny grinds at 2nd and 4th. FML

PAT@FFTEC
05-13-2010, 04:42 PM
I may bring out my Evo to mess w/ the Honda boys but they have been bitching about speeds in excess of 135mph at these events ( i can understand but it makes for boring racing by letting off in 4th to trap 135...............boo)

The prize money though is often worth the trip..........how quick are the Honda's you're talking about?

By the way i posted about yor trans in your other thread ;)

LMK if you need some work done on it we're local! :)

spooolin4g63
05-13-2010, 09:34 PM
I may bring out my Evo to mess w/ the Honda boys but they have been bitching about speeds in excess of 135mph at these events ( i can understand but it makes for boring racing by letting off in 4th to trap 135...............boo)

The prize money though is often worth the trip..........how quick are the Honda's you're talking about?

pat
honestly, chad barber will start bitching about it! i was there last event when my buddy won and he was bitching about, where is your license, jacket, gloves, proper cage yadayadayada..!

mhezz13
05-13-2010, 10:08 PM

cool thanks!

PAT@FFTEC
05-14-2010, 11:05 AM
pat
honestly, chad barber will start bitching about it! i was there last event when my buddy won and he was bitching about, where is your license, jacket, gloves, proper cage yadayadayada..!

Who's your buddy?

Dave W our tech at the shop technically took 1st place in T4 CMI's last event but was bumped to 2nd due to the above statement.

I can understand it though as they have put the time, effort, and money to ge their cars up to NHRA spec but it seems like they enforce different rules at each of the CMi events???

I'm not bitching as rules are rules but it does make it tough for those of us that don't have dedicated "race" cars that can run sub 10.00 and faster than 135mph.

Bummer as i was also interested in his event coming up in Aug but i guess i won't be making it to many of the events this year until i either sell my Evo and build a drag only car or turn my street/strip car into a full blown race car (which i'm not too keen on still........been on the fence for a while and can't make the jump lol)

Jbalke212
05-14-2010, 01:32 PM
Pat make the jump and turn it into a full blown race car im waiting to see some mid to low 9s from someone in cali.

So move it haha.

Jon

spooolin4g63
05-14-2010, 05:31 PM
Who's your buddy?

Dave W our tech at the shop technically took 1st place in T4 CMI's last event but was bumped to 2nd due to the above statement.

I can understand it though as they have put the time, effort, and money to ge their cars up to NHRA spec but it seems like they enforce different rules at each of the CMi events???

I'm not bitching as rules are rules but it does make it tough for those of us that don't have dedicated "race" cars that can run sub 10.00 and faster than 135mph.

Bummer as i was also interested in his event coming up in Aug but i guess i won't be making it to many of the events this year until i either sell my Evo and build a drag only car or turn my street/strip car into a full blown race car (which i'm not too keen on still........been on the fence for a while and can't make the jump lol)

Yeah i was talking to dave right before we both ran! I didn't know that he worked with you guys.....

My buddy was in the SP class. (i think i forgot to mention that above haha)

Pat i say you bring her out and see what happens! You won last time...