PDA

View Full Version : Noise when you slow down?

warpspeed
02-17-2004, 08:25 PM
Hello guys/gals. I just noticed this noise that I hear when my Evo slows down. It's like a low tone hum and then disappears right before you stop. :? I was wondering if this noise are from our tires. I usually have my radio on loud and never noticed it before.

nebolic
02-17-2004, 08:40 PM
its either from your tires or your tranny (the dreaded trany whine) i always heard it from when i first bought the car so i'm not too worried about it.

ez76
02-17-2004, 08:45 PM
if it's a hum it's more likely your tires.

the tranny deceleration noise is distinct and is more of a rattling than a hum (sounds like a disengaged twin plate clutch)

BluEvo
02-18-2004, 11:32 AM
i hear that same thing. you can hear it when you slow to about 30mph then getting lower as you slow to a stop. i heard everysince i got the car. has anyone actually brought it to Mitsu to get it checked out?

SouthernCrane
02-18-2004, 11:41 AM
I have it too, but i wouldn't worry about it too much unless it starts to get louder.

vtluu
02-18-2004, 11:50 AM
Between all the rattles, clanks, hums, whines, whirs, buzzes there's almost nothing I haven't heard from this car. :lol: FWIW I had a Mitsubishi tech ride along while I was getting my synchro problem verified and he didn't notice anything else unusual, so... I think having an Evo has immunized me against worrying about anything but really scary noises coming from my car.

If the noise is SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH when you step on the brakes, then JanSolo can tell you what your problem is. :P

CollinsT
02-19-2004, 01:17 AM
true hear it too