PDA

View Full Version : Greddy type-s bov settings

redtydsf
05-27-2005, 08:54 PM
I'm considering a Greddy type s bov, what settings or adjustments would be optimal to VTA without having an engine management. Man I hope i asked this question right. :?

JanSolo
05-27-2005, 11:26 PM
I'm considering a Greddy type s bov, what settings or adjustments would be optimal to VTA without having an engine management. Man I hope i asked this question right. :?

You should probably get the recirc kit for this bov, or else you are going to experience some stalling issues. Recircing is the way to go for the Evo. :thumbsup:

redtydsf
05-29-2005, 09:45 AM
so where can i pick up a recirc kit for the type s? :?

zyounker
05-29-2005, 11:09 AM
Actually the type-s is one of the simplest ones to install.. just get a 2nd gen DSM or evo mounting kit. The outlet of the bov is already setup for recirc.

They have them on ebay for ~$20

I have a type-s on my evo with an intake and it is very audible too. So there is no sense in going vta.. just makes your car run like shit :D

Motion Garage
05-29-2005, 11:56 AM
The type S already comes setup so you can recurculate it. However, for the Evo you need a flange to mount it on. You can get the flange kit for the 2G DSM or have one made. GReddy doesnt sell it seperately. You have to buy the whole kit with the BOV.

The problem is, the Type S has been discontinued. They have replaced it with the Type RS, which is a VTA BOV. You have to buy a 34mm recirculation adapter for it. The adapters are on backorder, as they trickle in from GReddy.

http://www.myevostore.com/index.php?cPath=31

redtydsf
05-29-2005, 07:14 PM
The type S already comes setup so you can recurculate it. However, for the Evo you need a flange to mount it on. You can get the flange kit for the 2G DSM or have one made. GReddy doesnt sell it seperately. You have to buy the whole kit with the BOV.

The problem is, the Type S has been discontinued. They have replaced it with the Type RS, which is a VTA BOV. You have to buy a 34mm recirculation adapter for it. The adapters are on backorder, as they trickle in from GReddy.

http://www.myevostore.com/index.php?cPath=31

thanx for all the info :)

jtk500
07-07-2005, 04:00 PM
I tried to install one on my Evo with my AEM short ram intake. It fluttered really bad right before I heard the audible whoosh, even at the correct settings for the Evo. I replaced it with the stock BOV and now my stock BOV flutters really bad >< WTF! My car sounds like crap now. I can't reinstall my stock intake system either because there is a hole where I removed it from the MAF and it will not create a seal around the MAF now. Any good intakes other then this POS AEM one?

earlyapex
07-07-2005, 04:52 PM
I tried to install one on my Evo with my AEM short ram intake. It fluttered really bad right before I heard the audible whoosh, even at the correct settings for the Evo. I replaced it with the stock BOV and now my stock BOV flutters really bad >< WTF! My car sounds like crap now. I can't reinstall my stock intake system either because there is a hole where I removed it from the MAF and it will not create a seal around the MAF now. Any good intakes other then this POS AEM one?

Sounds like you hooked it up backwards. The flutter is compressor surge because the BOV isn't opening right.