PDA

View Full Version : tanabe sway bars?

BOOSTonHanD
05-30-2005, 07:41 PM
has any one tryed them and what do you think about them. i was looking around and i think there 25mm up front and 22.5 in rear and they bolt up to the stock location. i found a pair for a decent price but would like to know if i should look for a differant set up. the evo is a daily / sunday driver.

evo_dadi
05-30-2005, 10:07 PM
just do the rear sway bar man :thumbsup: its gonna make a helluva difference on the back roads :twisted:

earlyapex
05-30-2005, 10:46 PM
stock front is 24mm and stock rear is 22.

Just do the rear but don't do the tanabe if its really a "22.5".

Sway bar is a sway bar, they all do the same thing unless we are talking hollow vs. solid and thats just for weight.

I like my whiteline. Cheap and good.

BOOSTonHanD
05-31-2005, 05:09 AM
cool i didnt know our stock was 22mm i guess ill try some thing bigger. thanks

kimmievo
05-31-2005, 08:28 AM
I'd say Works, Cusco or Hotchkis...I still can't decide which one I want.
Vtluu has the Hotchkis, you may want to talk to him about it. I know he did a write up on it somewhere in the forums.

BOOSTonHanD
05-31-2005, 06:13 PM
cool thanks im just getting all mod happy and im always think of what next. thanks once again

trinydex
06-01-2005, 04:40 AM
be careful of thickness ratings... lots of aftermarket bars are solid... which you don't want anyway because of the added weight. get a hollow bar that is around 25mm and it should do the trick.

rre uses their bar which i think is a the same as a hotchkis bar, or at least they'll not hesitate to use a hotchkis also. make sure you get it installed correctly with the right kinda end links... try finding a place that will do the trail arm bushing too (make it solid)

JanSolo
06-01-2005, 06:59 AM
rre uses their bar which i think is a the same as a hotchkis bar, or at least they'll not hesitate to use a hotchkis also. make sure you get it installed correctly with the right kinda end links... try finding a place that will do the trail arm bushing too (make it solid)

I was under the impression that the RRE bar was the same as the Perrin bar, but a lot cheaper.

earlyapex
06-01-2005, 09:32 AM

I was under the impression that the RRE bar was the same as the Perrin bar, but a lot cheaper.

It's a progress bar. Methods4 is using it.

trinydex
06-01-2005, 02:23 PM
oooh... i think that's what i meant... progress... shoot...