PDA

View Full Version : GSC Cams

Dr. Evo
06-01-2005, 08:24 PM
Since everyone is discussing different brands of cams these days, i thought I would join in. Any experience with the GSC "Power Division" cams? Same specs as the HKS ( http://www.gscmotorsports.com/products/?id=3676 ), at $100 cheaper for the pair. Any input? :?:

trinydex
06-01-2005, 09:07 PM
i heard that the lobe centers may be a little off... so you gotta get cam gears and do a lil fiddling.

V8KiLL3R
06-01-2005, 09:21 PM
ask DRFTR8 he can tell you something about that cam

DRFTR8
06-01-2005, 09:29 PM
yeah i installed that cam for a fellow member... it idles rough for a 272/264 set up... also what i noticed is that when your installing it, it doesnt sit in.. you have to force it in by tightening the bolts that holds them down and when you do you have to make sure its on correct cuz you will have to use a pry bar to take them off.. thats how tight they are, they have deep marks from being forced in... as far as performance it has more lows than mids or highs cuz of the stagered set up...

Dr. Evo
06-01-2005, 09:51 PM
Well I'm going 272/272, but I think I am going with the Buddy Clubs if they become available again. RRE says they use them on a few of their race cars and they are exactly like the HKS'.

DRFTR8
06-01-2005, 09:53 PM
Well I'm going 272/272, but I think I am going with the Buddy Clubs if they become available again. RRE says they use them on a few of their race cars and they are exactly like the HKS'.

thats what im running right now and i like them cuz of the power and specially the PRICE... cant go wrong with them

LEVIII
06-01-2005, 10:48 PM
i heard that the lobe centers may be a little off... so you gotta get cam gears and do a lil fiddling.

I just pciked up some HKS 272/272. How improtant do you think cam gears are for it? How much power can be had from just gears with cams with and without tuning?

trinydex
06-02-2005, 01:06 AM
the hks are proper made... you don't have to run cam gears to get the lobe centers at the right place for 0 0. i mean i'd say you wanna run cam gears so you can do tuning anyway... but scot gray (who gave me the info about the gsc) is a bit of a dsmer (HAH a bit of...) and he likes to brag about any place he saved money.

you know they used to use zipties as boost controllers back in the dsm days?

EvolvedDSM
06-04-2005, 04:02 PM
you know they used to use zipties as boost controllers back in the dsm days?

Zip ties.... pfffffft. Aquarium valves is where it's at ;)

GregGSC
06-14-2005, 11:39 AM
yeah i installed that cam for a fellow member... it idles rough for a 272/264 set up... also what i noticed is that when your installing it, it doesnt sit in.. you have to force it in by tightening the bolts that holds them down and when you do you have to make sure its on correct cuz you will have to use a pry bar to take them off.. thats how tight they are, they have deep marks from being forced in... as far as performance it has more lows than mids or highs cuz of the stagered set up...

in refference to our cams were you using assembly lube?

We have changed one other item the look of our cams here is the picture of the latest look.

http://gscdownloads.com/cams3.jpg

Greg

trinydex
06-14-2005, 11:43 PM
hahaha people musta complained too much about the sand casting flash...