PDA

View Full Version : intake sytems

hic evo
06-03-2005, 05:41 PM
Just wondering what other evo owners think about adding a new intake sytem? Is it good or bad? Please help a new Evo owner.

SouthernCrane
06-03-2005, 06:28 PM
Just wondering what other evo owners think about adding a new intake sytem? Is it good or bad? Please help a new Evo owner.

I think the consensus is that you don't need one until you are making some serious power. Open element filters play with the incoming air readings. If you do get one, make sure you are tuned for it.

lqdchkn
06-03-2005, 06:35 PM
Maybe a "drop-in" but otherwise, nuff said.

I think the consensus is that you don't need one until you are making some serious power. Open element filters play with the incoming air readings. If you do get one, make sure you are tuned for it.

lancerboy
06-03-2005, 08:02 PM
drop-in filter is the way to go 8)

hic evo
06-05-2005, 11:40 AM
Thanks for athe info!!

MitsuMan
06-05-2005, 06:14 PM
yea it really just depends on how much you want other people to hear your turbo.... It makes it harder to heara det or knock when your tunning and the oil from the filter will coat your MAF beeleed dat.....just clean it off with some brake clean and compresed air every now and then or you'll start to get this lean misfire shake at idle RPM 8) its true its true

hic evo
06-06-2005, 11:40 AM
all right so what I did was take out the stock intake out and just replaced it with an k&n air fiter. I can here the air spool it almost sounds like an blow off valve. Do you guys think I will have problems down the road with anything?? Thanks in advance for your help.

Peace.