PDA

View Full Version : June 11-12 ButtonWillow with NASA

Navid@xperformance
06-08-2005, 12:47 PM
I'll be at ButtonWillow this weekend testing the ESX Sti for the Car and Driver challenge later this month. I'll have my Evo with me also to help us monitor and tune the Sti on track. We'll be running in HPDE 3 and 4 run groups.

Is anybody from this list going to be there this weekend? If so, come by and say hi. Look for a black goose-neck trailer with orange and blue checkerd flag on it.

--Navid

GST
06-14-2005, 12:38 PM
How did the STI do? I saw both the STI and your Evo up there but didn't get a chance to catch either on the track as I was working on the Go-To racing USTCC car.

Mike

vtluu
06-14-2005, 12:44 PM
Apparently the STi blew up after a few (zero?) laps... So much for that Cosworth engine.

Navid@xperformance
06-14-2005, 12:57 PM
This was the first time out for the Cosworth engine in that Sti. Right off the bat we had some issues that could only be addressed by Cosworth. They are on the case now trying to get the problem fixed.

That gave me a chance to run my car at the TimeTrials on Saturday. I think I managed a 2:06.095 which was good enough for a TTB win by a good margin. I did have a scare blowing my right front tire going into the braking zone at StarMazda turn at ~100MPH.
:shock:
--Navid

vtluu
06-14-2005, 01:00 PM
Note to self: blowing a tire in the Star Mazda turn at 100 mph--bad. ;)

Navid, are going to be at the July 2-3 NCRC Buttonwillow event?

FYI, the Sparco Evo ran a 1:57.9 last year but that was in configuration #13--without the Star Mazda turn.

Navid@xperformance
06-14-2005, 01:23 PM
Navid, are going to be at the July 2-3 NCRC Buttonwillow event?
If I don't have other conflicts, I'll try to be there.

FYI, the Sparco Evo ran a 1:57.9 last year but that was in configuration #13--without the Star Mazda turn.

And that was probably going CW. I did 2:00.6xx in that config in my M3. Given that my RS is more than 2 seconds faster at TH than my M3 :D , I think we are really close.

--Navid

GST
06-14-2005, 01:36 PM
That gave me a chance to run my car at the TimeTrials on Saturday. I think I managed a 2:06.095 which was good enough for a TTB win by a good margin. I did have a scare blowing my right front tire going into the braking zone at StarMazda turn at ~100MPH.
--Navid

Damn that is moving, we turned consistent 208's with the USTCC Subaru.

Mike

Navid@xperformance
06-14-2005, 01:47 PM
--Navid

Mike

Not as fast as Dieter's Evo. He got into 205's. But I do have an excuse: I was getting fuel starvation on the shootout session when I set my fastest time. I thought 1/4 was enough, but sharp right-handers caused a sputter. Oh well, I'm learning more about that car every time I go out.

--Navid

GST
06-14-2005, 01:55 PM
--Navid

Mike

Not as fast as Dieter's Evo. He got into 205's. But I do have an excuse: I was getting fuel starvation on the shootout session when I set my fastest time. I thought 1/4 was enough, but sharp right-handers caused a sputter. Oh well, I'm learning more about that car every time I go out.

--Navid

Wow that is quick, what sort of curb weight do you guys have on those Evo's? also what sort of power output are they putting out (sorry I have no idea on the TT setup with NASA).

Mike

dohcvtec
06-14-2005, 01:57 PM
How did the STI do? I saw both the STI and your Evo up there but didn't get a chance to catch either on the track as I was working on the Go-To racing USTCC car.

Mike
Nice, I know the Go To guys. How did Brian do?

Navid@xperformance
06-14-2005, 02:20 PM
Wow that is quick, what sort of curb weight do you guys have on those Evo's? also what sort of power output are they putting out (sorry I have no idea on the TT setup with NASA).

Mike

Dieter's car runs unlimited, so his is pretty light (gutted interior, CF body panels). His engine is also modified. I know he has stock turbo, but cams, port and polished head... I have no idea what kind of power he puts out or how much he weighs. My car ran in TTB. Stock interior, engine, turbo. My car weighs 3025 and put 278 to the wheels.

--Navid

GST
06-14-2005, 03:12 PM

Mike
Nice, I know the Go To guys. How did Brian do?

Brian placed 1st.

GST
06-14-2005, 03:19 PM

Mike

Dieter's car runs unlimited, so his is pretty light (gutted interior, CF body panels). His engine is also modified. I know he has stock turbo, but cams, port and polished head... I have no idea what kind of power he puts out or how much he weighs. My car ran in TTB. Stock interior, engine, turbo. My car weighs 3025 and put 278 to the wheels.

--Navid

Were you running against the the silver STI? I was wondering what times he turned I didn't get to ask him and didn't want to bother him after he blew his turbo.

Mike

Navid@xperformance
06-14-2005, 03:27 PM
Were you running against the the silver STI? I was wondering what times he turned I didn't get to ask him and didn't want to bother him after he blew his turbo.

Mike

I didn't know he blew his turbo since he completed the shootout on Sat. Are you talking about Sunday? I wasn't there Sunday since our Sti was broken. On Sat, he got down to mid 2:06's in the shootout.

--Navid

GST
06-14-2005, 04:30 PM

Mike

I didn't know he blew his turbo since he completed the shootout on Sat. Are you talking about Sunday? I wasn't there Sunday since our Sti was broken. On Sat, he got down to mid 2:06's in the shootout.

--Navid

Yea he blew the turbo on Sunday morning, I don't think he was too happy with that turbo anyway he mentioned it was pretty laggy.

Mike