PDA

View Full Version : Thunderhill w/ GGLC, July 27th, wednesday

Pages : [1] 2

hagakure
06-12-2005, 05:48 PM
Hey Guys,

golden Gate Lotus Club is having a thunderhil event wednesday, 7/27, lots of track time, uncrowded conditions, pretty much optimum. would be nice to get a lot of Evos out for the event. You cannot get more track time in northern california for 180.00. Big fun!

Percy

earlyapex
06-12-2005, 07:13 PM
I'll be there of course.

8)

Percy, Do you or anyone you know have and easy-up or a tent of some sort?

It's gonna be hot as hell that day.

I was thinking of renting one if we can't find one to borrow.

dohcvtec
06-12-2005, 08:10 PM
I might be able to do this one. I would love to do a weekday event because of small crowds. If I do go, I have a pop up canopy to use. Do you need to sign up for any kind of membership with GGLC?

earlyapex
06-12-2005, 08:20 PM
No you don't have to be a member, but the events are cheaper if you are. So if you plan on going to more, I would recommend becoming a member.

Online reg for the event should be up soon.

crctslt
06-12-2005, 08:22 PM
I will be going to this as well as the T.E.A.M. Racing event on 7/18.

Becoming a member is not mandatory but is advised. Membership pays for itself in lower track fees after the first track day. :D

earlyapex
06-12-2005, 08:23 PM
Welcome to the boards Evan.

crctslt
06-12-2005, 08:29 PM
:D Nice to be here

hagakure
06-12-2005, 09:11 PM
Hey Evan!

Good to see you here.
Guys, plenty of time to get a weekday off, put in your vacation requests now! If Lief or any of the other Vishnu guys are lurking about, it would be great to see you guys there as well.

Peace all.

Percy

EvoKid
06-13-2005, 12:41 AM
yo i wanna come out and atleast get a feel for track events, ive never been to a track
so is it cool to come and kick it and not race
and if i wanted to race what would i need for equipment

neogenetik
06-13-2005, 01:38 AM
i think i would be able to make it down
i hope so
to learn and start using my car for what its worth

hagakure
06-13-2005, 08:09 AM
yo i wanna come out and atleast get a feel for track events, ive never been to a track
so is it cool to come and kick it and not race
and if i wanted to race what would i need for equipment

Well,

Just bring yourself, your car, and a helmet. And put aside any notion of "racing", or even time trialing for that matter. you will be on sensory overload, and you will be going very slowly. That's not a put-down, it will be what is necessary for you to be safe, to learn how to minimally control your car on the track and not be a danger to others. You'll also need a good attitude, a willingness to learn, and the ability to keep your ego on the shelf for a bit:)....if you can approach it like that you can have loads of fun!

Hope to see you there.

Percy

Unowned
06-13-2005, 08:56 AM
I'm still waiting on my suspesion upgrade so i'm still a TBD on when i can hit the tracks, add me to the list of future Evos at the Events.

hagakure
06-13-2005, 09:18 AM
I'm still waiting on my suspesion upgrade so i'm still a TBD on when i can hit the tracks, add me to the list of future Evos at the Events.

If you do not have any prior track experience I would not worry about upgrading the suspension. you will be better off with stock suspension, street tires. there is so much to learn, and it's better to feel what the vehicle is doing before you start upgrading stuff. If I was to start this again from the beginning I would have left my car stock for probably the first 5 or 6 events. Better yet, I would have started witha Miata, learned to drive that car as fast as possible, then moved up to ahigher HP car like the Evo...but that's just my 2 cents. Don't let havinga stock car keep you from coming out. Peace.

Percy

dohcvtec
06-13-2005, 09:33 AM
I completely agree with Percy. You learn how your car will react and its dynamics on the track at slower speeds while still in stock form. Not to mention, this car stock handles and out powers many modified cars out there anyways. I would highly suggest you come out with your car totally stock first.

earlyapex
06-13-2005, 09:54 AM

You don't need to wait.

I tracked my MR with stock suspension and tires. You will be amazed at how good it is.

methods4
06-13-2005, 10:00 AM
I'm there. Bryan and Evan: Amerihost again?

About EZ-Ups. Costco has one that is pretty nice and just as good as the EZ-up brand but cheaper. Who wants to chip in for a NorCalEvo tent. :P

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=10012416&whse=&topnav=&cat=&s=1

jrnot
06-13-2005, 05:25 PM
Put me down as a maybe. I realy want to learn to drive my car the way it was meant to be. Also want to see your cars and the way they are set up.

hagakure
06-13-2005, 05:33 PM
Put me down as a maybe. I realy want to learn to drive my car the way it was meant to be. Also want to see your cars and the way they are set up.

Just a note.....anyone that is not sure they want to actually put their car on the track is more than welcome to hang out, soak up the atmosphere, kind of get a taste for what is going on....that might be helpful for some folks.

Peace.

Percy

earlyapex
06-13-2005, 05:55 PM
Pit crews are more than welcome. :twisted:

jrnot
06-13-2005, 06:08 PM

Just a note.....anyone that is not sure they want to actually put their car on the track is more than welcome to hang out, soak up the atmosphere, kind of get a taste for what is going on....that might be helpful for some folks.

Peace.

Percy

Thats cool too, I want to drive on the track, but I need to see if I can take the day off. Thats the hesitation. Bills need to be paid, you understand.

crctslt
06-13-2005, 06:33 PM
I would listen to Percy and Bryan. The stock EVO is more than fast enough for your first SEVERAL days out. Last time I was at TH with Bryan he was flyin' around the track on his stock suspension. Seeing what a stock EVO suspension can do was enlightening. (Flyin' Bryan? There's a nickname in there somewhere.)
I think I am going to try the Best Western. I just don't seem to sleep at the Amerihost. Go figger.
I dont mind kicking in a few $ for the EZ up. As long as I don't have to haul it around.[/b]

hagakure
06-13-2005, 07:00 PM
I would listen to Percy and Bryan. The stock EVO is more than fast enough for your first SEVERAL days out. Last time I was at TH with Bryan he was flyin' around the track on his stock suspension. Seeing what a stock EVO suspension can do was enlightening. (Flyin' Bryan? There's a nickname in there somewhere.)
I think I am going to try the Best Western. I just don't seem to sleep at the Amerihost. Go figger.
I dont mind kicking in a few $ for the EZ up. As long as I don't have to haul it around.[/b]

Ditto!

Percy

dohcvtec
06-13-2005, 08:27 PM

I stay at the Motel 6 when i'm out there, they have a AAA discount :)

evo_dadi
06-13-2005, 08:39 PM
i might be able to do this since it drops right on my day off :shock: :D woo hoo :lol:

hagakure
06-13-2005, 09:36 PM

Hey...

You bringing the Del Sol or are you going to de-virginize the evo?!:)

Percy

methods4
06-13-2005, 09:40 PM
I dont mind kicking in a few $ for the EZ up. As long as I don't have to haul it around.

Ditto!

Percy

Percy,

After seeing how packed up you were after that last GGLC T-hill track event, I think you're like automatically excused from EZ up duties. I mean you basically had a wheel in your lap on your drive home. hahaha.

methods4
06-13-2005, 09:43 PM

Hey...

Percy

dohcvtec,

Please bring the Del Sol. I need at least one person I can beat up on. :P

earlyapex
06-13-2005, 09:54 PM

So does amerihost. :)

dohcvtec
06-13-2005, 09:56 PM

Hey...

Percy
The Slo Foe Sho!! :)
I just got a set of R compunds and a new oil pan, I'll probably be driving this stupid car for a while, lol. I've never drven the car on R's, its always been on street tires. So you Evo guys better look out. :)
I have been very tempted to take the Evo out. Maybe the honda might need some emergency work done after I've already paid for an event? Then I would have no other choice huh? hehe.

dohcvtec,

Fear the sol and its 1.8 litres of FWD fury! :)

methods4
06-13-2005, 09:56 PM

Motel 6? :shock:

Hey, I guess we'll meat you at the track then.

thomas
06-13-2005, 09:58 PM

Hey...

Percy

dohcvtec,

haha oh shit. ill be therrre. already have the dates off. been checking the lotus site for open registration, but hasnt been put up yet.

anybody kno when theyll open regis. up?

its gonna be sooo damn hot in late july! im willing to throw some $$$ down for the tent. let me kno. hope to see more evos out this time. last event was pretty freaking cool. i had fun. 8)

dohcvtec
06-13-2005, 10:00 PM

Oh, I know you're not dissin the Motel6!

How much are the other places? Are they that much better? I've never stayed anywhere else up there. I used to live in Vacaville so I always made the drive in the a.m.

methods4
06-13-2005, 10:09 PM

Hey...

Percy

dohcvtec,

haha oh shit. ill be therrre. already have the dates off. been checking the lotus site for open registration, but hasnt been put up yet.

anybody kno when theyll open regis. up?

its gonna be sooo damn hot in late july! im willing to throw some $$$ down for the tent. let me kno. hope to see more evos out this time. last event was pretty freaking cool. i had fun. 8)

Hey Tommy,

Good to see that you're going to come out. Yep, it's definitely going to be a hot one. They should be opening up registration within the next couple of weeks.

methods4
06-13-2005, 10:16 PM

How much are the other places? Are they that much better? I've never stayed anywhere else up there. I used to live in Vacaville so I always made the drive in the a.m.

Hahahaha. Yeah the last time me and Early-rape-x stayed at Motel6, there was a friggin semi-trucked parked what sounded like right next to our window idling for the entire night. Plus their beds are hard as crap. The Amerihost is slightly more but it's a little nicer and their beds are softer. I live in Sac but I still always end up driving the night before. I'm so not an early bird.

crctslt
06-13-2005, 10:51 PM
[/quote]

anybody kno when theyll open regis. up?[/quote]

Registratoin opens Frday the 17th according to Zender.

Evo442
06-13-2005, 11:10 PM

Amerihost is the nicest. They even have "suites" if you are so inclined. I think that means you have a big jacuzzi tub in the room. Rates are approx $79 for a regular room, $99 for a suite. A little cheaper for repeat customers. Free high speed internet. The rooms are fine.

I think motel 6 is more like $39 per night. Much better deal i'm sure.

crctslt
06-13-2005, 11:32 PM
almost forgot to post this:

You can get rooms at Amerihost for $60.00 through Travelocity. Just sign up for the Govt. rate :) They have never asked me for a Govt. ID.

evo_dadi
06-13-2005, 11:48 PM
so which hotel is better then? since wifey might not go with me ill just get me a regular room.as for the tent i think i can rent one here from a party place.

thomas
06-14-2005, 01:21 AM
so which hotel is better then? since wifey might not go with me ill just get me a regular room.as for the tent i think i can rent one here from a party place.

hey papi, you coming up for the event? niiice. cant wait to see all these evos on track.

hopefully well have sum dum luc that its overcasted that day or a break from the heat.

:peewee:

Evo442
06-14-2005, 06:18 AM
almost forgot to post this:

You can get rooms at Amerihost for $60.00 through Travelocity. Just sign up for the Govt. rate :) They have never asked me for a Govt. ID.

good tip, thanks!

evo_dadi
06-14-2005, 06:46 AM

hey papi, you coming up for the event? niiice. cant wait to see all these evos on track.

hopefully well have sum dum luc that its overcasted that day or a break from the heat.

:peewee:

lol yep im pretty sure i can make it to this one and yes lets hope its not too damn hot :shock:

hagakure
06-14-2005, 08:27 AM

Hey...

Percy
I just got a set of R compunds and a new oil pan, I'll probably be driving
this stupid car for a while, lol. I've never drven the car on R's, its always been on street tires. So you Evo guys better look out. :)
I have been very tempted to take the Evo out. Maybe the honda might need some emergency work done after I've already paid for an event? Then I would have no other choice huh? hehe.

dohcvtec,

With the R compounds you will not be far off the pace, if not leading it for a lot of cars! That friggin thing is fast!! Look forward to seeing you out there.

Percy

methods4
06-14-2005, 10:58 AM

Hey...

Percy
I just got a set of R compunds and a new oil pan, I'll probably be driving
this stupid car for a while, lol. I've never drven the car on R's, its always been on street tires. So you Evo guys better look out. :)

dohcvtec,

With the R compounds you will not be far off the pace, if not leading it for a lot of cars! That friggin thing is fast!! Look forward to seeing you out there.

Percy

Greeeeat. So what you're saying is that there is no one left for me to beat up on except for broken Europas. :(

hagakure
06-14-2005, 11:31 AM
Come on Tony!

It's not like you don't scoot your car around the track pretty quickly!
I don't have any goals of breaking any PR's out there that day either...changing my suspension settings a bit and going to -3.0 camber in front, etc....just want to work on smoothness, car control, etc....so, lots of folks may be blwing by me!:)

Percy

earlyapex
06-14-2005, 11:55 AM
I will for sure be slower with my coilovers instead of stocker suspension.

and phear my 225 tires.

Tony is track-sharking dun listen to him.

Evo442
06-14-2005, 04:06 PM
Just got the email from GGLC - they're running the event clockwise. I was hoping to run the usual ccw direction since I've still got so much to learn going that way. hmmm...

hagakure
06-14-2005, 04:19 PM
clockwise?

I'm not sure that I even want to do it now. I really wanted to check out my suspension adjustments in the "normal" direction.

Percy

smack
06-14-2005, 04:24 PM
lol, i just came here to post that.
it will be interesting. i've never ran it that way.
do we run over cyclone still or do they use the bypass when running
clockwise?

earlyapex
06-14-2005, 04:32 PM
Should be fun, I have never done it clockwise.

Members price only $145, non-member $165.

Quit your bitching and get some cheap track practice. :D

methods4
06-14-2005, 04:37 PM
clockwise?

I'm not sure that I even want to do it now. I really wanted to check out my suspension adjustments in the "normal" direction.

Percy

http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/cockblockedsad.gif

Wow, running it clockwise is going to be a bit different. At least T8 isn't going to be as hairy going that direction though. (I would think).

Evo442
06-14-2005, 04:44 PM
clockwise?

Percy

Yeah, I'm not too thrilled about running Thill in the wrong direction either. Hmm.. or maybe I'll have to attend the Hooked on Driving event at Thill July 21 to practice for the GGLC day! I was originally not going to do the Hooked on Driving event since it was the wrong way also.

dohcvtec
06-14-2005, 04:44 PM
clockwise?

Percy

Wow, running it clockwise is going to be a bit different. At least T8 isn't going to be as hairy going that direction though. (I would think).
Ya, now you have a huge downhill section instead... I would think it will be more hairy. What will turn 15 be like coming down the straight!? :shock:
I've never ran clockwise either, we'll all be slow, lol!

hagakure
06-14-2005, 04:57 PM
Well,

Guys, I'm out. I want to check out some new suspension adjustments/additions, and learning a new direction is not the best environment to do this in. I will be running with either NCRC or TMR that Friday or saturday...I'm bummed. I actually think the clockwise direction will be much, much more hairy. Think of the speed you cab carry down 2 into one, with the friggin wall down there. Turn 9 might also be a bitch..

So, you guys have fun.

Percy

smack
06-14-2005, 05:00 PM
15 might be a bit tricky but at least if you miss your brake point you can run straight
out the end of it.

i was thinking going up over 9 will be fun to figure out. we'll get a pretty good run at
it coming out of 10.

i think the worst one will be 6 though because you can be flat all the way around from 9
i guarantee someone will get that wrong

smack
06-14-2005, 05:04 PM
not sure how you can carry any more speed into 1 than when you run it normal,
but i do agree that if you have a brake failure there, you will find the fence/wall

not much different than that corner at button or streets that i saw a while back.
that looked like one of the fastest corners on the track and if you miss you ether
go through the hot pits or catch the end of the pit wall. and that's the normal config :shock:

hagakure
06-14-2005, 05:07 PM
not sure how you can carry any more speed into 1 than when you run it normal,but i do agree that if you have a brake failure there, you will find the fence/wall

I did not mean that you would carry more speed, just that witht he relatively high speeds you will carry the potential for disaster is much greater should you get it wrong....I'm just not interested in learningt he track in that direction when I have things to sort out with the car. You guys have fun though!

Percy

earlyapex
06-14-2005, 05:10 PM
$145 for approx 200miles of on-track seat time is...

$145 for approx 200miles of on-track seat time

How can you pass that up?

earlyapex
06-14-2005, 05:11 PM
i think the worst one will be 6 though because you can be flat all the way around from 9
i guarantee someone will get that wrong

Yea, that should be interesting. :twisted:

smack
06-14-2005, 05:15 PM
also 2 is great for getting the car sorted. it really doesn't matter which way you go through it.
did you know what your old suspension was going to do out there the first time you ever ran?

lol, no pressure though :twisted:

hagakure
06-14-2005, 05:17 PM

I feel you man....but I need to check my suspension out in a familiar environment....I don't want my senses diverted by so much thinking...I'm a slow learner anyway! :?

methods4
06-14-2005, 05:18 PM
clockwise?

Percy

Ya, now you have a huge downhill section instead... I would think it will be more hairy. What will turn 15 be like coming down the straight!? :shock:
I've never ran clockwise either, we'll all be slow, lol!

Yup it's gonna be opposite day. T8 isn't going to be hairy but T6 is because of all that speed you'll be carrying into it. T6 in CCW direction is usually a walk in the park. Again just speculation since I haven't ran it clockwise.

smack
06-14-2005, 05:19 PM

it's the other $155 in gas that turns it onto a $300 day :lol:

earlyapex
06-14-2005, 05:24 PM

I feel you man....but I need to check my suspension out in a familiar environment....I don't want my senses diverted by so much thinking...I'm a slow learner anyway! :?

T.E.A.M at thill the week before GGLC. I will be there too. :) July 18th

earlyapex
06-14-2005, 05:25 PM

That's better than $155 in gas + the $260 it usually is at thill with other groups.

methods4
06-14-2005, 05:25 PM

Sean,

Thanks for also reminding me of the gas getting there, food and hotel expenses.

ASS!

Sincerely,

Tony

:P

earlyapex
06-14-2005, 05:28 PM
Yup it's gonna be opposite day. T8 isn't going to be hairy but T6 is because of all that speed you'll be carrying into it. T6 in CCW direction is usually a walk in the park. Again just speculation since I haven't ran it clockwise.

Tony, since I will be in front of you the whole day, just follow me and you will see what to do correctly.

TIA!

:shock:

methods4
06-14-2005, 05:29 PM

Tony, since I will be in front of you the whole day, just follow me and you will see what to do correctly.

TIA!

:shock:

http://img2.imagebarrel.com/img/05/165/01/bigugh.gif

Evo442
06-14-2005, 05:35 PM
Eh... what the hell, I registered. I figure I can be just as slow going CW through Thill as I am going CCW. Should be fun! Cant pass up this much track time for the price!

Anyone have a track guide for running CW at Thill?

smack
06-14-2005, 05:41 PM
That's better than $155 in gas + the $260 it usually is at thill with other groups.

i think you meant the $110 in gas...

cause you don't get as much track time and you're held up in more traffic

bwaahahahaha

earlyapex
06-14-2005, 06:53 PM
Anyone have a track guide for running CW at Thill?

I can't remember if this guide includes CW or not but check it out:

http://www.norcalmotorsports.org/users/bryan/misc/thillnew.pdf

hagakure
06-14-2005, 06:58 PM
David,

If you go out to speedventures.net and check video there is a very good in-car camera lap of T-hill in this direction.

Percy

dohcvtec
06-14-2005, 07:53 PM
I just thought about turn 11 also, this time after the straight and esses. Thats usually a 2nd gear throw away corner, now the esses will be your braking zone? This will be quite challenging! :)

leif
06-14-2005, 09:18 PM
cw..wtf mate.

earlyapex
06-14-2005, 09:21 PM
cw..wtf mate.

Put it this way, We will all be on equal footing having never done this config before.

I think I might have more experience in CCW config than most people in this thread but you don't hear me complaining about doing CW?

vtluu
06-15-2005, 12:48 AM
Boo-yah! http://coastaldriving.org/cdePDF/CDS_THcw.pdf

hagakure
06-15-2005, 08:50 AM
cw..wtf mate.

Put it this way, We will all be on equal footing having never done this config before.

I think I might have more experience in CCW config than most people in this thread but you don't hear me complaining about doing CW?

I'm not worried about how I am going to fare against other people...that's not my issue. I am making 2 changes to my car that I really want to check out, and I'd like to do that in an environment and configuration where I am fairly quick, and can pay attention to what the car is doing given the KNOWN environment as a baseline. That's my issue, not how my performance is going to be affected relative to other cars/drivers. I am bummed that I won't be able to run with you guys at this event. There will be another GGLC day this smmer at T-hill, and I'll see you all there.

Peace.

Percy

dohcvtec
06-15-2005, 09:13 AM
Good find! thanks!

smack
06-15-2005, 09:43 AM
the funny thing is we'll probably get there and they'll say,"sorry it was a typo, we're running
ccw" :lol:

methods4
06-15-2005, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the guides guys. I just registered this morning.

earlyapex
06-15-2005, 11:39 AM
I am payed and registered.

See you all there.

thomas
06-15-2005, 05:53 PM
damn guys, all this talk about running CW actually made me stop and think for a bit...

signed up, ready to go!

this should be interesting...having driven TH CCW once, thisll also be a first going CW. haha :shock:

earlyapex
06-15-2005, 07:34 PM
nice, looks like a decent amount of people coming.

Evo442
06-15-2005, 08:19 PM

perfect, thx!

Evo442
06-15-2005, 08:21 PM
Ha Ha... got another email from GGLC today. Now they're reconsidering the plan to run Thill backwards...

earlyapex
06-15-2005, 11:55 PM
Ha Ha... got another email from GGLC today. Now they're reconsidering the plan to run Thill backwards...

Hmm, I didn't get that email.

crctslt
06-16-2005, 12:14 AM

Go to TH the week before with Bryan and me and check it out that way. The n you can compare CCW and CW.

crctslt
06-16-2005, 12:18 AM
nice, looks like a decent amount of people coming.

All signed up. I think it will be interesting to run the track twice in one week :D

Evo442
06-16-2005, 06:22 AM

Hmm, I didn't get that email.

From GGLC:

Gentlemen,

There have been some inquiries about the reason for the change in the
direction of travel (clockwise vs. counter-clockwise) at the scheduled
Golden Gate Lotus Club Track Day in July, as well as some inquiries
about tips on driving in that layout. We decided to run it this way this
time because we have many drivers who have been to Thunderhill so many
times that they would like something different and have requested a
direction change. In addition, there are several other clubs who are
starting to run the track in the clockwise direction as well for the
same reason.

What we plan on doing is seeing what the response is like over the next
few weeks. If there is an overwhelming concern about the direction,
we'll take that into consideration and maybe change to the normal
direction, but probably not based on previous requests. Running in the
clockwise direction presents new challenges because some of the apexes
will be different; take a look at the following site provided by the
Porsche club on driving the course clockwise:

http://www.pca-ggr.org/pdf/th-clockwise.pdf

We have plenty of time before the track day. Over the next day or so, we
will send out virtually the same email to the entire list, describing
why we're running clockwise and we'll refer to the Porsche Club site and
we'll see what the response is like. It goes without saying that we'll
inform everyone as to what the outcome is.

Thanks

Scott Hogben
Vice President Golden Gate Lotus Club

hagakure
06-16-2005, 07:38 AM
I'm re-thinking the situation....I might join you guys after all....
I'll figure it out by days end.

Peace.

Percy

methods4
06-16-2005, 10:01 AM
I'm kind of up in the air about which direction I prefer. On one hand I would like to improve my laptimes running CCW, but then again it would be nice to try CW. I can go either way.

They better let us know soon so I can decide how to mount my tires.

dohcvtec
06-16-2005, 10:20 AM
What, are you going to put them on backwards if we run CW? :P

methods4
06-16-2005, 10:34 AM

Well I have 4 unmounted, used R compounds that i got from smack. One of them is like super worn and am I worried if it will even last the entire day. So, if we were to run CCW, I would mount that tire on the rear driver side. If running CW, I'd mount it on the rear passenger side. If that makes any sense.

Now actually that I think about it, these tires aren't directional anymore so I guess it doesn't matter!

crctslt
06-16-2005, 11:46 AM

Well I have 4 unmounted, used R compounds that i got from smack. One of them is like super worn and am I worried if it will even last the entire day. So, if we were to run CCW, I would mount that tire on the rear driver side. If running CW, I'd mount it on the rear passenger side. If that makes any sense.

Now actually that I think about it, these tires aren't directional anymore so I guess it doesn't matter!

BAH. Tony's all about TEH NASCAR. Fear the right hand turn!

hagakure
06-16-2005, 12:11 PM
Hey Tony,

If you have street tires I'd go withthose over super worn R compounds. I had two worn hoosiers ont he rear at my last event, corded both of them, and had very little traction on the rear....just my 2 cents.

Percy

hagakure
06-16-2005, 02:20 PM
Well....

Changed my mind, and I'll see you guys out there CW next month...too much good camraderie to pass up!

Percy

earlyapex
06-16-2005, 02:24 PM
Well....
Changed my mind, and I'll see you guys out there CW next month...too much good camraderie to pass up!
Percy

Sweet!

http://www.care-bears.com/CareBears/html/about/img/f_funshine.gif

smack
06-16-2005, 02:34 PM
Hey Tony,

If you have street tires I'd go withthose over super worn R compounds. I had two worn hoosiers ont he rear at my last event, corded both of them, and had very little traction on the rear....just my 2 cents.

Percy
these are ra-1's though not hoosers. i'm sure they'll hold up fine on the rear.
hell you can cord a NEW set of hoosers in one day. :lol:

hagakure
06-16-2005, 03:27 PM
Hey Tony,

Percy

I actually got 4 track days out of the set...they are not the RSO4's, but the tires from last years Grand Am series, a special endurance compound. I'm throwing on another set of them before the next event.

Percy

earlyapex
06-16-2005, 03:39 PM
You all will phear my 225/45/17 street tires.

dohcvtec
06-16-2005, 05:34 PM
Hey Tony,

Percy
and RA-1's you can continue to run until you actually see the cords :)

Matz
06-19-2005, 11:18 PM

I agree with what everyone else has said as well. My first track day was last week at Infineon, and I was amazed at how well a stock Evo does on the track next to all of the more expensive cars.

I may consider heading out there with the rest of you guys. I need to look for Thunderhill online to see how far away it is. I have so much vacation accrued that I could easily take a day off for this. 8)

Matz
06-19-2005, 11:23 PM
damn, Thunderhill is 3 HOURS AWAY? I have a feeling that I'll never hook up with the rest of you guys there. That is pretty far. :cry:

evo_dadi
06-20-2005, 01:44 AM
damn, Thunderhill is 3 HOURS AWAY? I have a feeling that I'll never hook up with the rest of you guys there. That is pretty far. :cry:

im farther away man past santa cruz so the drive is gonna be longer for me :cry:

Matz
06-20-2005, 05:32 AM

im farther away man past santa cruz so the drive is gonna be longer for me :cry:

Ouch. Well, maybe it would be cool to get out there once so I can meet some of you guys!

thomas
06-20-2005, 10:43 AM

marcel. the track day will be worth it once you get out therrre. dont let the drive sway you from coming to this event! its gonna be an awesome day...i can feel it.

methods4
06-20-2005, 12:33 PM
Hey Tony,

Percy

Percy,

My street tires look worse the the R compounds I have. Actually the street tires I'm running are the ones I picked up from you a few months ago. At this point they are pretty much slicks with a hint of where tread used to be.

I'll be on R compounds but won't be pushing it. I predict actually going slower with the R's than on street tires.

Unowned
06-23-2005, 09:34 AM

If you do not have any prior track experience I would not worry about upgrading the suspension. you will be better off with stock suspension, street tires. there is so much to learn, and it's better to feel what the vehicle is doing before you start upgrading stuff. If I was to start this again from the beginning I would have left my car stock for probably the first 5 or 6 events. Better yet, I would have started witha Miata, learned to drive that car as fast as possible, then moved up to ahigher HP car like the Evo...but that's just my 2 cents. Don't let havinga stock car keep you from coming out. Peace.

Percy

I tracked my Eclipse a bunch of times before i got the Evo so i'm definately no beginer, depends on which track i go to. Suspension is done and once again Mueller never dissapoints :shock: So which track to hit first?

earlyapex
06-23-2005, 09:54 AM
I tracked my Eclipse a bunch of times before i got the Evo so i'm definately no beginer, depends on which track i go to. Suspension is done and once again Mueller never dissapoints :shock: So which track to hit first?

See you July 27th then? :D

Unowned
06-23-2005, 10:22 AM

Haha Maybe, just maybe... i might start tracking in Late August when it's cooler outside

earlyapex
06-23-2005, 10:27 AM

Haha Maybe, just maybe... i might start tracking in Late August when it's cooler outside

August / September are the hottest months to open track.

Now is the time if you want to do any summer events.

Have you been to Thill in early sept? :shock:

earlyapex
06-23-2005, 10:28 AM
So... how many people are signed up for this event?

1. Me
2. Methods4
3. Thomas?
4. Percy
5. ....

methods4
06-23-2005, 10:51 AM

3Gs don't count as Eclipses. :P

methods4
06-23-2005, 10:52 AM

1. Me
2. Methods4
3. Thomas?
4. Percy
5. ....

Evan.

Unowned
06-23-2005, 10:54 AM

I hope it's 100+ best time to bring bacon n eggs for a sidewalk sizzle.

Let me consult with the Other on when she is okay on going, since i'm gonna let her drive too. Anyone know if i have to register 2 drivers or is it just by Car... first time having another driver.

earlyapex
06-23-2005, 10:56 AM
Anyone know if i have to register 2 drivers or is it just by Car... first time having another driver.

You're pet dog could drive your car and they wouldn't care.

GGLC is laid back hippy style yo.

dohcvtec
06-23-2005, 11:54 AM
Is this event almost full? I'm still not sure if I can get that day off :(

methods4
06-23-2005, 12:37 PM
Is this event almost full? I'm still not sure if I can get that day off :(

Shoot an email to [email protected].

methods4
06-23-2005, 12:40 PM

I hope it's 100+ best time to bring bacon n eggs for a sidewalk sizzle.

Let me consult with the Other on when she is okay on going, since i'm gonna let her drive too. Anyone know if i have to register 2 drivers or is it just by Car... first time having another driver.

You should be registering a second driver. It's $50 for any add'l drivers for your car. See you there!

thomas
06-23-2005, 05:46 PM

1. Me
2. Methods4
3. Thomas
4. Percy
5. ....

Evan.

i think marcel (evo-dadi) is gonna be there too.

dohcvtec, sign up first (like now) then later if you cant make it, juss cancel your spot before the deadline, i think you can cancel up to the 26th of july, but there is a cancellation fee of $25, $75 after july20 :evil: hope you can make it, should be pretty cool wit all these evos on track!

hagakure
06-23-2005, 05:56 PM
David U is going to be there also.

Percy

earlyapex
06-23-2005, 06:11 PM
so...

1. EarlyApex (Bryan)
2. Methods4 (Tony)
3. Thomas
4. Percy
5. evo-dadi (Marcel)
6. Evan
7. Smack
8. Dyuyeno?
9. dohcvtec?
10. Unowned?

Damn good list so far!

smack
06-23-2005, 08:02 PM
so who's getting there the night before for the poker game? :twisted:

earlyapex
06-23-2005, 08:42 PM
I'll be at amerihost the night before like always.

crctslt
06-23-2005, 08:44 PM
AFAIK they stopped making Eclipses in 1999...

I will be there the night before, not sure what time though. I got money, you got cards? :P

crctslt
06-23-2005, 09:02 PM
So Bryan you still selling the 240? :P

earlyapex
06-23-2005, 09:09 PM
So Bryan you still selling the 240? :P

U know someone that wants it? It's sitting in my garage right now, I need to look it over to see if I still want to sell it or not.

evo_dadi
06-23-2005, 09:14 PM
lol thanks thomas :sneaky: registered already and hopefully all my plans goes thru :woowoo:

smack
06-23-2005, 09:32 PM

I will be there the night before, not sure what time though. I got money, you got cards? :P

cards and chips.
we're all set

earlyapex
06-23-2005, 09:40 PM

cards and chips.
we're all set

Now all we need is:

http://damngoodwine.com/JackHouse.jpg

and

http://www.a7music.com/graphics/photos/s_strippers/logo.jpg

crctslt
06-23-2005, 11:18 PM
I'm sure that can all be arranged :D

I guess thats not your 240 in the photos then?

Send me an email with the cars details. I can pass around and see if i get any bites. Gots us some Drift0rz y0.

crctslt
06-23-2005, 11:23 PM
I'm sure that can all be arranged :D

I guess thats not your 240 in the photos then?

Send me an email with the cars details. I can pass around and see if i get any bites. Gots us some Drift0rz y0.

thomas
06-24-2005, 08:20 AM
ah sh!t, if you guys are playing cards the nite before, im definitely driving up the nite before! no way im turning down a chance to take all y'all gas $$$ before a track event. LOL :lol: hahaha.

so whos staying at amerihost (?). is that where the partys gonna be at. no bestwestern or motel 6?

ill bring the stripper pole.....and the raincoats. :shock:

smack
06-24-2005, 11:10 AM
maybe we should add a little side pot for the top couple of lap times as well :twisted:

dohcvtec
06-24-2005, 02:59 PM
maybe we should add a little side pot for the top couple of lap times as well :twisted:
C'mon, we wouldn't want a little del sol putting all you evo's to shame now. :twisted:

smack
06-24-2005, 03:08 PM
that's true.
i better start thinking of excuses now.

hmmm...
boost leaks
clutch

don't worry, i'll think of something :lol:

Unowned
06-24-2005, 03:12 PM

3Gs don't count as Eclipses. :P

3Gs with Stoptechs and JICs are not really Eclipses either

I'm still not a definate, but i can prolly work something out... Wednesday track days are rough to plan for.

2befast
06-24-2005, 03:21 PM
alright, 90% im in, with another fellow evo owner. Just gotta commit. someone convince me. By the way i have a huge canopy a 12x12 or something i could bring.

earlyapex
06-24-2005, 03:36 PM
alright, 90% im in, with another fellow evo owner. Just gotta commit. someone convince me. By the way i have a huge canopy a 12x12 or something i could bring.

200 miles of track time isn't convincing enough?

earlyapex
06-24-2005, 03:46 PM
C'mon, we wouldn't want a little del sol putting all you evo's to shame now. :twisted:

Not with 1:23 laps it won't. :shock:

/me puts flame suit on. :D

the smack (no pun intended) talk has offically started...

dohcvtec
06-24-2005, 04:14 PM

Not with 1:23 laps it won't. :shock:

/me puts flame suit on. :D

the smack (no pun intended) talk has offically started...
OUCH! :)

smack
06-24-2005, 04:14 PM
so did we ever find out if we're runnihg CW.

that will definitely throw a wrench in the works.
has anyone here run it backwards before?

earlyapex
06-24-2005, 04:24 PM

I've been backwards on thill a couple times. :twisted:

dohcvtec
06-24-2005, 04:26 PM

I've been backwards on thill a couple times. :twisted:
Same here, never intentionally though :P

crctslt
06-26-2005, 08:58 PM
Same with Bryan :twisted:

Evo442
06-26-2005, 09:27 PM
so...

1. EarlyApex (Bryan)
2. Methods4 (Tony)
3. Thomas
4. Percy
5. evo-dadi (Marcel)
6. Evan
7. Smack
8. Dyuyeno?
9. dohcvtec?
10. Unowned?

Damn good list so far!

yeah, I'm there

dohcvtec
06-27-2005, 11:02 AM
Oil pump on the honda took a shit on me at thunderhill this weekend. So, i'm tentative. (hoping i didn't spin any bearings)

smack
06-27-2005, 11:11 AM
that's god's way of telling you to bring the evo :)

hope your motor is ok.

dohcvtec
06-27-2005, 11:26 AM

hope your motor is ok.
Haha, thats what my buddy was telling me. We'll see :)

I think the motor is ok, I drove it into the paddock with no pressure and it sounded ok. It pooped on me somewhere between turn 9 and 10.

earlyapex
06-27-2005, 05:57 PM
Updated list:

1. EarlyApex (Bryan)
2. Methods4 (Tony)
3. Thomas
4. Percy
5. evo-dadi (Marcel)
6. Evan
7. Smack
8. Dyuyeno
9. dohcvtec? (in his EVO!)
10. Unowned?

methods4
06-27-2005, 09:12 PM

cards and chips.
we're all set

Just getting to this thread after being away for a few days...

Amerihost has a little conference room. I'm thinking we could set up there. You bring the cards and chips, Bryan will bring the stripparz and I will bring an ass kicking for all of you. Maybe we can even round up some Lotus boys to join our game? What time is everyone planning on being at the hotel? All you Motel 6 kiddies *cough* dohcvtec *cough* are invited too! :P

thomas
06-27-2005, 09:22 PM

hope your motor is ok.

I think the motor is ok, I drove it into the paddock with no pressure and it sounded ok. It pooped on me somewhere between turn 9 and 10.

hey jason, is your motor turbo'd too? i kno your engine is *top-secret* but im curious... :idea:

ygpm.

dohcvtec
06-27-2005, 10:10 PM

hope your motor is ok.

hey jason, is your motor turbo'd too? i kno your engine is *top-secret* but im curious... :idea:

ygpm.
Are you talking to me? My name is Mike, lol.

My motor isn't top secret by any means, I just figure you guys would be bored with Honda talk :P Its an ITR B18C5 with Toda 12.3:1 CR pistons. The head is stock and has the basic bolt ons. Its tuned with hondata making 186whp and 132wtq on a dynojet. The tranny has a 4.78 final drive and i'm running an ATS 16 plate clutch type LSD (I love this lsd). :)

dohcvtec
06-27-2005, 10:12 PM
All you Motel 6 kiddies *cough* dohcvtec *cough* are invited too! :P
LOL
I stayed at the Amerihost this past weekend. G/F did not like me being cheap with the Motel 6 :P Nice place.

crctslt
06-27-2005, 10:27 PM

cards and chips.
we're all set

Just getting to this thread after being away for a few days...

Amerihost has a little conference room. I'm thinking we could set up there. You bring the cards and chips, Bryan will bring the stripparz and I will bring an ass kicking for all of you. Maybe we can even round up some Lotus boys to join our game? What time is everyone planning on being at the hotel? All you Motel 6 kiddies *cough* dohcvtec *cough* are invited too! :P

Set a time so I know how late to be :)

smack
06-28-2005, 01:54 PM
Set a time so I know how late to be :)

right after the bar closes :twisted:

oh, and i finally paid for my spot so now i'm officially in.

thomas
06-28-2005, 03:43 PM

hope your motor is ok.

ygpm.
Are you talking to me? My name is Mike, lol.

My motor isn't top secret by any means, I just figure you guys would be bored with Honda talk :P Its an ITR B18C5 with Toda 12.3:1 CR pistons. The head is stock and has the basic bolt ons. Its tuned with hondata making 186whp and 132wtq on a dynojet. The tranny has a 4.78 final drive and i'm running an ATS 16 plate clutch type LSD (I love this lsd). :)

oops, sorry mike :wink: some weird reason why i thought your name was jason???

mah bad.

Unowned
06-29-2005, 08:59 AM
Crap, I can't go work has a release scheduled around that time now. :(

dohcvtec
06-29-2005, 09:24 AM
Same with my work, but I was able to get out of 1 day. I'll be signing up today! :)

methods4
06-29-2005, 09:40 AM
Same with my work, but I was able to get out of 1 day. I'll be signing up today! :)

Sweet, I get to get beat up on by a Del Slo also! :(

Unowned
06-29-2005, 09:46 AM

I wish i could get out of a day, but that's part of my job to oversee the release.

dohcvtec
06-29-2005, 10:14 AM

I wish i could get out of a day, but that's part of my job to oversee the release.
Ah, I just build and deploy for QA, so I guess they can wait :P

dohcvtec
06-29-2005, 10:15 AM

Sweet, I get to get beat up on by a Del Slo also! :(
;)

If we're going clockwise, I think we'll all be slow.

hagakure
06-29-2005, 10:23 AM
I have no expectations, and will probably be getting passed a lot, as I will be adjusting to an entirely new suspension...so, it's just for fun, to hang with you guys for the day, get in some seat time and shoot the shit!:)

Percy

methods4
06-29-2005, 01:00 PM
I have no expectations, and will probably be getting passed a lot, as I will be adjusting to an entirely new suspension...so, it's just for fun, to hang with you guys for the day, get in some seat time and shoot the shit!:)

Percy

Same here. In no particular order, I'm going to concentrate on:

1. Taking everyone's money if a poker game the night before occurs.
2. Not going off course.
3. Not ramming into people.
4. Putting up at least a sub 3:00 laptime.
5. Not warping my rotors.
6. Eating at the Black Bear diner on our trip home.

dohcvtec
06-29-2005, 04:49 PM
Man, I'm trying to pay for this damn event online and their site blows! I keep getting SQL exceptions when submitting. They need to fix their shit! :)

earlyapex
06-29-2005, 08:06 PM
Updated list:

1. EarlyApex (Bryan)
2. Methods4 (Tony)
3. Thomas
4. Percy
5. evo-dadi (Marcel)
6. Evan
7. Smack
8. Dyuyeno
9. dohcvtec

earlyapex
06-29-2005, 08:10 PM
4. Putting up at least a sub 3:00 laptime.

Haha stop track sharking bic!

6. Eating at the Black Bear diner on our trip home.

I am preparing my gut for the bomb. :shock:

2befast
06-29-2005, 08:24 PM
me also i went to pay and i got the same thing about their site being down. I try again around 9:00pm. I'll be there in my white evo, along with a budy of mine in a bby evo, if i can convince him.
eddie

dohcvtec
06-29-2005, 09:26 PM
my buddy "got boost" will be there in his silver evo mr. it will be his 2nd track day, got a new one hooked! :)

earlyapex
06-29-2005, 09:30 PM
my buddy "got boost" will be there in his silver evo mr. it will be his 2nd track day, got a new one hooked! :)

Doh another silver mr!

:lol:

dohcvtec
06-29-2005, 09:30 PM
me also i went to pay and i got the same thing about their site being down. I try again around 9:00pm. I'll be there in my white evo, along with a budy of mine in a bby evo, if i can convince him.
eddie
Ya, I emailed them when it first happened and they replied immediately. I guess I was the first one to report it. Looks like it will be back around 11:30p.m.

crctslt
06-29-2005, 10:01 PM

Percy

Same here. In no particular order, I'm going to concentrate on:

1. Taking everyone's money if a poker game the night before occurs.

It's on like Donkey Kong!
I prefer large bills BTW

methods4
06-29-2005, 10:36 PM

Updated updated update w/names even!

1. EarlyApex (Bryan)
2. Methods4 (Tony)
3. Thomas (Tommy)
4. Hagakure (Percy)
5. evo-dadi (Marcel)
6. crctslt (Evan) <---What's that stand for anyways? CircusSlut?
7. Smack (Sean)
8. Dyuyeno (David)
9. dohcvtec (Jason/Mike) ;)
11. 2befast (Eddie)
12. 2befast's buttie (???)
13. "got boost" (???)

With a 60 car limit Evos are almost up to a 1/4 of the whole field. :shock:

:shock: Also potentially a lot of money for me to make in poker. :shock:

thomas
06-30-2005, 04:23 AM
holy sh!t...das gonna be alot of evo owners at this GGLC track day. :twisted:

woohoo!!!

anybody else gonna join us? there should be some spots left, no?

so how many are in group A and group B...

group A is unrestricted passing.

group B is restricted to straightways and point-bys... <-- im in this one. :skid:

hagakure
06-30-2005, 07:06 AM
Group A here.

Percy

gOt BoOsT
06-30-2005, 08:23 AM
i'll be there... :wink:

methods4
06-30-2005, 09:08 AM
"A" group here.

dohcvtec
06-30-2005, 10:04 AM
A for Awesome for me!

I'll probably be the only Honda out there :P
FWD POWAH!

smack
06-30-2005, 10:36 AM
group A but the cool thing is if you have more than 5 days on the track you can run both groups. you just have to run the passing rules for each specific group.

oh , and evan, when you add up what you owe me from the poker game,
it will be a big bill. :twisted:

2befast
06-30-2005, 02:36 PM
im in for sure, paiid it today and im in the group B class. I'll be there trying to keep up thomas :lol: .This is Eddie by the way in the ww evo. Cool yo! can't wait

crctslt
06-30-2005, 05:26 PM
group A but the cool thing is if you have more than 5 days on the track you can run both groups. you just have to run the passing rules for each specific group.

oh , and evan, when you add up what you owe me from the poker game,
it will be a big bill. :twisted:

BRING IT! :D I guess we need to determine what kind of game we are going to play, hold'em, Omaha, stud, bet limits and all that.

This will be my first Group A day. I was kinda outta place in group B last time at Reno so....

2befast
06-30-2005, 05:37 PM
im curious is everyone going the night before, anyone going the morning of.

dohcvtec
06-30-2005, 05:50 PM
I'm going the night before.

I vote for Hold'em

smack
06-30-2005, 07:03 PM
BRING IT! :D I guess we need to determine what kind of game we are going to play, hold'em, Omaha, stud, bet limits and all that.

i usually play no limit-hold'em. we could do $20 buyins with .25/.50 blinds or
what i normally play is $40 buyin .50/1.00 blinds.

in our weekly game, the 3rd wednesday of the month we do a dealer call where
the called game gets dealt once around the whole table not just the dealer's turn.
the games we pick from are...

hold'em ~ limit/no-limit
omaha hi/lo ~ limit
seven stud ~ limit-i forget the betting structure of this one. i don't play this night much

just some suggestions

earlyapex
06-30-2005, 10:55 PM
Group A here.

I did Group B for one session at the last GGLC event because one of our A sessions got cut short.

I almost ended up in the backseat of every car. :shock:

thomas
07-01-2005, 08:15 AM
I'm going the night before.

I vote for Hold'em

+1, no-limit.

sup eddie, its gonna be a great day for racing. woohoo. 8)

evo_dadi
07-01-2005, 08:31 AM
first jason now eddie :shock: man tommy whatchu smoking there mang :lol:

dohcvtec
07-01-2005, 08:53 AM
:lol:

methods4
07-01-2005, 09:20 AM
+2 for no limit hold'em.

Tommy works in a hospital so I'm sure he get some good medical grade shiiiat.

$20 buy in is fine with me. We should start blinds at .10/.20 and double them every 20 or 30 minutes. Not that you guys are going to last more than 30 minutes against me. :shock:

smack
07-01-2005, 09:44 AM
i was thinking just regular no limit, not a tourney. just because you know people
are going to get there at different times. unless you mean to just raise the blinds on a
regular game. if so that's a pain just because you have to have enough chips to cover
all the different denominations. i think a fixed blind structure is best for a non-tourney game.

dohcvtec
07-01-2005, 09:53 AM
I get the feeling I'm going to get owned in hold'em... :(

smack
07-01-2005, 10:56 AM

any two cards can win :lol:

methods4
07-01-2005, 11:23 AM

You're probably right.

http://img2.imagebarrel.com/img/05/181/19/ownedbruceleecrotchanim2xw.gif

methods4
07-01-2005, 11:30 AM
i was thinking just regular no limit, not a tourney. just because you know people
are going to get there at different times. unless you mean to just raise the blinds on a
regular game. if so that's a pain just because you have to have enough chips to cover
all the different denominations. i think a fixed blind structure is best for a non-tourney game.

Ok that's fine. I have the tourney mentality in my brain. So $20 buy-in with no re-buys? All different denominations of chips is fine if you're bringing a 300 chip set. :-)

thomas
07-01-2005, 04:00 PM
+2 for no limit hold'em.

Tommy works in a hospital so I'm sure he get some good medical grade shiiiat.

$20 buy in is fine with me. We should start blinds at .10/.20 and double them every 20 or 30 minutes. Not that you guys are going to last more than 30 minutes against me. :shock:

haha, yea...i get 'em in big large 5lbs bricks wrapped in shrink/wrap. and have them stocked up in case one of homies get locked up in jail :lol: then ill whip 'em out and sling it.

id rather play no-limit. this way we can determine whos the biggest bluff of them all...doesnt matter to me if its tourney style or not. juss NL.

limits too restricting. sometimes i juss like to say "WTF, im all in!" :twisted:

thomas
07-01-2005, 04:04 PM

only the best!!! :rockon:

thomas
07-01-2005, 04:07 PM
edited. mah bad.

smack
07-01-2005, 04:24 PM
Ok that's fine. I have the tourney mentality in my brain. So $20 buy-in with no re-buys? All different denominations of chips is fine if you're bringing a 300 chip set. :-)

we normally play say $20 original buy-in then if you go below half your stack you can
rebuy up to the table average. also if someone comes in late the table average buy-in
applies. it keeps you from being at so much of a disadvantage if you bust out or get there after the start.

as far as chips go...
100 white
150 red
100 green
50 black

so maybe .25/.5/1.00/5.00
when we(my work game) do $40 buy-ins we bump that up one place and do 10.00 black chips.

thomas
07-01-2005, 06:41 PM
^ big ballers, shot callers... :wink:

dohcvtec
07-02-2005, 11:35 PM
So, it looks like I'll be driving the Evo at this event. Pulled the pan of the honda and it didn't look good.
I figured out why I lost oil pressure. Looks like the bolt to hold the oil squirter in place in cylider 4 hit the crank and left a gaping hole in the block! :( Hopefully I can get it welded to hold oil pressure again. I'll just fill all the holes for the squirters. Sucks...
First I found this guy in the oil pan.
ftp://ftp.westcoastbeauty.com/pub/mike/holeMaker.jpg

Then though, hmm... I think I know what that goes to.

ftp://ftp.westcoastbeauty.com/pub/mike/hole2.jpg
ftp://ftp.westcoastbeauty.com/pub/mike/hole1.jpg

2befast
07-03-2005, 04:33 AM
add another one to the list. Friend going with BBY evo as well

evo_dadi
07-03-2005, 06:47 AM
damn mike maybe its a blessing in disguise to use your evo for this track day :wink:

Unowned
07-03-2005, 07:44 AM
Argh, i neeed to find a way to get out of work... sounds like a great turnout

ForcedFed
07-03-2005, 08:52 AM
We will be bringing our Lotus out to the event for this track day! :) Look forward to seeing some fast Evo's out there.

http://www.cpdserver.com/elisetalk/video/ForcedFed/forcedfed400-spin.wmv

Brett Payne
www.Forcedfed.com

hagakure
07-03-2005, 09:14 AM
Checking out the video...
It seems that you might actually get more out of feeding in the power more gradually at entry after braking with this car....it's tail end sems to be HUNGRY to come around with a lot of throttle application....was the driver brand new tot he car at the event? that car seems like a handful!!:)

Percy

dohcvtec
07-03-2005, 12:01 PM
Damn, that car is nuts!

Evo442
07-03-2005, 01:36 PM
We will be bringing our Lotus out to the event for this track day! :) Look forward to seeing some fast Evo's out there.

http://www.cpdserver.com/elisetalk/video/ForcedFed/forcedfed400-spin.wmv

Brett Payne
www.Forcedfed.com

This is the Elise w/ the crazy turbo kit, right??

earlyapex
07-03-2005, 04:58 PM
Damn that is a fast elise. Looks like a freaking handful. What's with the compressor surge though?

smack
07-03-2005, 07:01 PM

hey brett,
you driving? we should be ok then :lol:

j/k, it will be good to see you. can you make it up the night before
for our little amerihost poker game?

sean

btw, did you ever do perry's car?

methods4
07-04-2005, 02:22 AM
Wow that Elise looks like quite a handful. I'd love to get a ride in it if you guys are offering!

ForcedFed
07-04-2005, 09:50 AM
We will be giving a few rides around the track in the car. Not sure how many as we have some lOtus folks coming out to check out the Race 400. We will not be having the Aussie flailer (me) at the wheel however for everyones safety! :P We will also be running Toyo RA1's or R888's for this event, which sould keep the back end in place a little better than the BFG KD's did.

Brett.

methods4
07-06-2005, 02:05 PM
Because this thread hasn't been touched in two days and it's only 15 pages long...

How far along is everyone in prepping their car for this event?

I need to:

- Throw in some new plugs. I'm sure the original stockers at 44k can be retired now.

- Finish off brake ducting. I've put it off for like 3 months now.

- Change oil.

- Install Greddy ProfecB (optional)

- Get R compounds mounted.

- Get new street tires mounted.

- Get another alignment. (I think hitting the berms in the esses at Buttonwillow may have thrown it off a little.)

- Book a hotel.

- Read up on poker strategy to take everyone's money. :shock:

dohcvtec
07-06-2005, 02:19 PM
I need to:

put my wing back on

book a hotel

book a hooker

pick up some rum

earlyapex
07-06-2005, 02:24 PM
1. change plugs

2. finish installing my water temp gauge

3. Bushings

4. Put new pads in

5. Tires

6. Figure out why my car is misfiring like a son-of-a-bitch on tip-in to next gear at WOT :(

7. Book a room at amerihost, anyone else having a problem with their website saying it has no listings?

8. Alignment after slamming into a pothole on-route to Methods4 house. :(

hagakure
07-06-2005, 03:02 PM
Have my robispec suspension put together
Bushings
Mount my new Hoosiers
Mount my new APR wing
Oil Change
New Plugs
Replace passenger side fender liner
New Pads

Percy

earlyapex
07-06-2005, 03:09 PM
New Plugs

1. change plugs

- Throw in some new plugs. I'm sure the original stockers at 44k can be retired now.

Sweet! Let's have a plug party!

http://www.norcalmotorsports.org/users/bryan/misc/board_shit/bootyprobe.jpg

methods4
07-06-2005, 03:11 PM
8. Alignment after slamming into a pothole on-route to Methods4 house. :(

Strategically placed. That's what you git biatch! :shock:

methods4
07-06-2005, 03:13 PM
Sweet! Let's have a plug party!

http://www.norcalmotorsports.org/users/bryan/misc/board_shit/bootyprobe.jpg

http://img2.imagebarrel.com/img/05/186/23/Lmaonade.gif

smack
07-06-2005, 06:12 PM
1. look into getting 4-point rollbar before event(that pretty much leaves autopower only)

2. dejon tool bov fix(not really that motivated)?

3. get room

4. apparently i should check my plugs. :lol:

at hotel, night before...

1. put on front brakes kit

2. swap rear pads

3. bleed brakes

4. add back my eleventy billion degrees of neg camber

5. realign front toe

6. swap wheels

7. play poker

8. sleep(if there's time)

Evo442
07-06-2005, 07:11 PM
Have my robispec suspension put together
Bushings
Mount my new Hoosiers
Mount my new APR wing
Oil Change
New Plugs
Replace passenger side fender liner
New Pads

Percy

You got the APR Wing?? Dude - I'm so jealous... I want one of those!

2befast
07-06-2005, 09:03 PM
percy, got a pic of your car with the wing on it...Also how does the whole thing work with robi. Does there need to be a group of guys for him to come out...

hagakure
07-06-2005, 09:53 PM
Had the wing basically ready to purchase, but after some research, actually decided against it this evening.

Well, regarding the robispec stuff, I encourage anyone interested to have him put the stuff together for you. Me being cheap and with a dwindling track budget, I just bough all the parts and Subaru Specialists are installing everything this week.

Percy

methods4
07-06-2005, 10:49 PM
Had the wing basically ready to purchase, but after some research, actually decided against it this evening.
Percy

Nicely done. IMO your money could go further into making your car faster or handle better by buying something else. And besides, our stock spoiler is ridiculous enough, no? :P

methods4
07-06-2005, 10:50 PM

2. swap rear pads

3. bleed brakes

5. realign front toe

6. swap wheels

7. play poker

8. sleep(if there's time)

Man, spoken like a true vet.

Evo442
07-07-2005, 06:29 AM

Well, regarding the robispec stuff, I encourage anyone interested to have him put the stuff together for you. Me being cheap and with a dwindling track budget, I just bough all the parts and Subaru Specialists are installing everything this week.

Percy

Percy - what went into your decision making process about the wing? As you know I have a low wing and am planning on getting a larger wing in the future.

evo_dadi
07-07-2005, 11:33 AM
ok guys im gonna need some opinions here about this event.as what percy posted on another thread that gglc dont have any instructors for that event and this is gonna be my first time on a track.should i still go thru it even w/o an instructor?

earlyapex
07-07-2005, 12:23 PM
ok guys im gonna need some opinions here about this event.as what percy posted on another thread that gglc dont have any instructors for that event and this is gonna be my first time on a track.should i still go thru it even w/o an instructor?

You can ask for an "instructor" at the end of the morning meeting and John is pretty good about getting some people to go with novice people on track.

vtluu
07-07-2005, 01:04 PM
2. swap rear pads
3. bleed brakes
5. realign front toe
6. swap wheels
Seems to me you could do all of those at the track if you show up early enough. Having a crew to help out would speed things along, I sure wish I had one sometimes (like last weekend at BW when it was 104 degrees out and I had to swap wheels). 8)

smack
07-07-2005, 01:44 PM
way cooler at night. and the real reason...
i'd rather sleep late :lol:

hagakure
07-07-2005, 02:06 PM

Definitely listen to Bryan...
Was not trying to scare anyone off.

Percy

thomas
07-07-2005, 04:45 PM

hey papi, my first trek out on track was my last event. no worries mang. juss go at your pace. like earlyapex, sorta, said, anyone in group A (w/ less than 5 track events) will have to ride with an "instructor" for the 1st session. then after that, you can request one.

the main thing is...drive at your comfort level. but raise that comfort level throughout the day as you get used to the course :twisted: theres gonna be some cars on your a$$ and if that makes you nervous, juss point them by. its gonna be a great day out.

and therell be plenty of help out there to get some advice. dont let "havent been out there yet" sway you from coming out. theres a first time for everyone.

piece.

evo_dadi
07-07-2005, 05:44 PM
thanks guys 8) i was hoping to see some positive feedback since i really do want to do this event :bow: :buds: ill see you guys there then :twisted:

crctslt
07-08-2005, 12:00 AM
1.) Install new Aluminum upper control arms

2.) Align front end while adding caster and camber

3.) Install Defi Link system and display

4.) Install race seat (MOMO or Kirkey not sure which one yet)

5.) Install harness

6.) Install new steering wheel, maybe with quick release

7.) Remove airbags

8.) Install 2nd boost controller so I can get more than 25 psi out of old Profec b-spec II

9.) Install Porterfield R4E rear pads to complement Hawk Blues in front

10.) Get in some practice poker games so Tony doesn't take all my money

BTW this is all Percy's fault. Seeing what he has done to his Evo just made too much sense not to do similar to the Eclipse.

smack
07-08-2005, 02:02 AM
guess i have to add a couple more to my list now...

5. install autopower full cage (thanks patrick/cokofellah)

6. install deist harness

dohcvtec
07-08-2005, 08:44 AM
5. install autopower full cage (thanks patrick/cokofellah)

Its about time he sold that thing :P I wonder if his spec miata is ready yet.

smack
07-08-2005, 09:13 AM
not quite yet but it's close. he still needs a hardtop and wheels.
and i think he said he needs an exhaust still but the main drivetrain is done as
is the body and cage. it's drivable right now.

the cool thing is he's doing this thing on the super cheap. lol, i think he said he paid
$800 for the whole car then picked up a motor for $450. now those are prices i could handle for racing.
i would have already built one if you didn't have to add the price of a truck and trailer to the mix.

dohcvtec
07-08-2005, 11:25 AM
and i think he said he needs an exhaust still but the main drivetrain is done as

the cool thing is he's doing this thing on the super cheap. lol, i think he said he paid
$800 for the whole car then picked up a motor for $450. now those are prices i could handle for racing.
i would have already built one if you didn't have to add the price of a truck and trailer to the mix.
Spec miata is hands down the cheapest way to race. :)

earlyapex
07-08-2005, 11:18 PM

Spec miata is hands down the cheapest way to race. :)

after Karting.

Eclipse
07-09-2005, 10:44 AM
I find it's awefully hard to deal with racing a slower/less powerful car. After you get used to more, the power to weight loss frustrates the hell out of me.

hagakure
07-09-2005, 12:55 PM
Another thing to think about for the t-hill day guys...it's projected to be over 100 degress on the 27th. I for one, am draining my coolant, putting in distilled water and water wetter. Water is better cooland than coolant (in the heat, not the winter), and water wetter is a good product that has been proven to enhance water's cooling capabilities. Good for the car, good for the track (blowing slippery coolant all oveer the track is not a good idea), good for the other drivers. Everyone should really think about using 100 octane or a blend at least on that day...safety first!

Peace.

Percy

methods4
07-09-2005, 03:01 PM
Another thing to think about for the t-hill day guys...it's projected to be over 100 degress on the 27th. I for one, am draining my coolant, putting in distilled water and water wetter. Water is better cooland than coolant (in the heat, not the winter), and water wetter is a good product that has been proven to enhance water's cooling capabilities. Good for the car, good for the track (blowing slippery coolant all oveer the track is not a good idea), good for the other drivers. Everyone should really think about using 100 octane or a blend at least on that day...safety first!

Peace.

Percy

I second Water Wetter. I have used it in all my cars. I don't think I'm going to go as far as running 100% in my car. Also I think that coolant has lubricants in it to keep your water pump happy.

I've ran on straight 91 octane plenty of times in 100 degree weather. Should be fine as long as you richen up your AF mix a little.

Another item added to my to do list:

Rebuild front calipers. Ugh. Anyone have to do this yet? My seals aren't looking pretty.

earlyapex
07-09-2005, 03:09 PM
I've ran on straight 91 octane plenty of times in 100 degree weather. Should be fine as long as you richen up your AF mix a little.

You also only run a frightening fast 1.1bar of stock boost. :D

2befast
07-09-2005, 04:28 PM
are you serious about emptying your collant and replacing it with water and water wetter, by redline right? is that safe. I'll do it if its recommended and helps with the hotter weather

hagakure
07-09-2005, 05:36 PM
I'll take my chances with water and water wetter. Millions of race engines can't all be wrong. Last track day at Reno Fernley in the heat I had some problems with over heating. With all those sessions at a GGLC event I'm just looking for a little margin of safety. A little info on Water wetter:

http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/redtech3.htm

http://e30m3performance.com/myths/more_myths1/Water_Wetter/water_wetter.htm

I know that I am a little more prone than some to experiment with stuff like this because my Evo is not a daily driver. I'm not an expert, just looking for a little edge against theh heat.

Percy

dohcvtec
07-09-2005, 09:53 PM
I used water wetter in the honda, its great stuff.

I think i'll do a 100/91 mix of fuel for that day.

evo_dadi
07-09-2005, 10:10 PM
there's a place here in my area that sells vp sunoco 110 for $4.70/gal so if anybodies interested i can pick up a couple of gallons :twisted:

2befast
07-10-2005, 12:04 AM
hey just a question, anyone wanna get togehter and talk track and
pre-track things to do, before the event on the 27th. Maybe meet during the week, grab a bite to eat talk shop. Just an idea!

earlyapex
07-10-2005, 01:45 AM
there's a place here in my area that sells vp sunoco 110 for $4.70/gal so if anybodies interested i can pick up a couple of gallons :twisted:

a couple of gallons? hehe. I go through at least 3 full tanks of gas at a track day. 8)

methods4
07-10-2005, 01:03 PM

Just a reminder that's cat killin leaded gas!

methods4
07-10-2005, 01:04 PM

You also only run a frightening fast 1.1bar of stock boost. :D

Ph34r that shit bitch. Stock boost r00lz, reflashes dr00lz.