PDA

View Full Version : mechanic needed

BOOSTonHanD
06-12-2005, 09:48 PM
ok im looking to get some cams installed some time this week or weekend but i need them installed before the 25th so if anyone out there knows how to install cams i would like to talk some more. pm me or email me @ [email protected]

LEVIII
06-12-2005, 11:21 PM
I will be attempting mine in the next few weeks if I could find a good deal on cam gears.

MarkSAE
06-13-2005, 12:14 AM
Just make sure you got the timing belt tensioner tool. Also, make sure you have a copy of the factory service manual. It'll tell you the order you're supposed to remove and reinstall the cam caps.

Do you plan to install the cams while leaving the timing belt on? If so, then you won't have to worry about re-tensioning the timing belt.

And last but not least, bleed your lifters before you reinstall the cams. You'll get chatter upon your first startup, but that'll go away after a few minutes of idling.

Dr. Evo
06-13-2005, 07:00 PM
If anyone feels like driving down to SLO I can do them, but I move in July.

BOOSTonHanD
06-14-2005, 05:16 AM
do you thikn you would have time this weekend!

StockEVO
06-16-2005, 06:18 PM
Get a helping hand installing the cams. On DSM the cams gears tends to "fall in" when trying to line up the timing marks. On EVO the cam gear want to "fall away" from each other. Installing cams on an EVO or DSM is no different. Pretty much the same procedure (2g that is).

Check Vfaq site before taking the plunge. http://www.vfaq.com/mods/timingbelt-2G.html

I can upload the EVO service manual if you need. Hit me up privately.

BOOSTonHanD
06-16-2005, 10:23 PM
cool thanks for your help but i got a fellow member to help! thanks or everyones help but i should be good by tomorrow. ill let you guys know who once there done, so i could recommend them. thanks

TylerO@WORKS
06-24-2005, 05:41 PM
We can install cams on weekends and weekdays.

Starts at $332.50, Norcalevo members get 5% off ($315.88 )
There is no Tax on labor.

Our work is gurrantied, we use factory tools, and torque everything to spec. We will even do the first 1/2 hour of break-in for you.