PDA

View Full Version : 4 point racing harness for the Recaros

BluEvo
02-18-2004, 06:32 PM
Does any know if they make the Recaros 4 point harness for our seats? Or do we just buy some after market brands like Sparco, Greddy ...etc? I mean they make the race bucket seats but do not supply the belts to go with it.

blitzkrgCT9A
02-18-2004, 07:03 PM
Takata, Sabelt, Sparco, and OMP. just to name a few :)

GReddy_917
02-18-2004, 07:21 PM
Schroth is the best.

vtluu
02-18-2004, 10:21 PM
I have a couple general harness-related questions. I've heard several people say you should not get a harness unless you have a rollcage--reason being that should your car ever roll/flip, you'll want to be able duck/lean over to protect yourself from getting injured if the roof of the car gives... a tight harness would interfere with that. However I've also heard that in such an event, the forces on you will be such that you wouldn't be able to lean over anyway, and at least the harness will keep you from being tossed around and further injured that way. Who's right?

GReddy_917
02-18-2004, 11:23 PM
Another reason why Schroth harnesses are the best....they have a built in safety mechanism for what you are mentioning above. Which is probably why they are the only DOT approved harnesses.

BluEvo
02-19-2004, 10:29 AM
Another reason why Schroth harnesses are the best....they have a built in safety mechanism for what you are mentioning above. Which is probably why they are the only DOT approved harnesses.
where do u find those harnesses? and how much are they?

vtluu
02-19-2004, 11:18 AM
More info about Schroth products: http://www.schroth.com/english/container_english.htm

Click on "Distributors" for a list of distributors (really starts on page 2). One retailer (not listed) that I've personally dealt with that has them is SoloPerformance.com (http://www.soloperformance.com/). But every distributor I've seen has listed the exact same price for a given Schroth product (which start at $150). :?

GReddy_917
02-19-2004, 07:29 PM
Yeah...they are not cheap...I spend over $300 dollars for my Schroth Rally 4-points.