PDA

View Full Version : yay cams, and aperature!

chris
06-14-2005, 12:00 AM
thank you works! especially pete, and tyler(for the brake squeel fix*thank god*).... it was fun talking a lil here and there. im still in my break in period but i can feel a bit of urgency for a pull. im a patient person =P ill tell you guys how it all feels when everything is settled in.

evo_dadi
06-14-2005, 12:03 AM
"patient person" right :lol: j/k man so whats next now :twisted:

chris
06-14-2005, 02:20 AM
intecooler, and pipings most likely after i pay off this debt haha =X

gOt BoOsT
06-14-2005, 07:13 AM
you haven't broke in the car yet & you already got the 340 pkg.....that's gAngstA :wink:

chris
06-14-2005, 08:14 AM
nah the cams not the car hahaah.

LEVIII
06-14-2005, 08:18 AM
you haven't broke in the car yet & you already got the 340 pkg.....that's gAngstA :wink:

I think he is breaking in the cams :wink:

egui42
06-14-2005, 09:19 AM
Congrats on the cams, hope you like them!

Matz
06-18-2005, 03:51 PM
thank you works! especially pete, and tyler(for the brake squeel fix*thank god*).... it was fun talking a lil here and there. im still in my break in period but i can feel a bit of urgency for a pull. im a patient person =P ill tell you guys how it all feels when everything is settled in.

Which cams did you get? I didn't even know that they had to be broken in. :oops:

What about the brake squeal fix? I just had new brakes put in a couple of weeks ago, and they squeal like crazy at low speeds. I'm supposed to bring it in for them to check out, but I was just curious about the fix.

Jamie@WORKS
06-18-2005, 06:03 PM

Which cams did you get? I didn't even know that they had to be broken in. :oops:

Chris got the WORKS 269 cams. We do recommend a break-in period, but it only takes a few hours :)

chris
06-19-2005, 12:28 AM

What about the brake squeal fix? I just had new brakes put in a couple of weeks ago, and they squeal like crazy at low speeds. I'm supposed to bring it in for them to check out, but I was just curious about the fix.

haha... i didn't get the endless pads of course. i had project mu... and umm the place that originally installed my pads didn't transfer the shims over >=| yeah i had a good few hrs of breakin in my cams =) its definately worth it and did some testing with some cars that i led me to pull pretty hard on the oppenents.

Matz
06-19-2005, 09:11 AM
haha... i didn't get the endless pads of course. i had project mu... and umm the place that originally installed my pads didn't transfer the shims over >=| yeah i had a good few hrs of breakin in my cams =) its definately worth it and did some testing with some cars that i led me to pull pretty hard on the oppenents.

Cool, I have project mu, and they seem to be pretty good on the track. I'm sure that WORKS put my shims back in, though, so I'm curious as to why mine are squealing. I'll definitely do cams at some point, once I learn the limitations of the stock suspension on the track and upgrade that stuff first.