PDA

View Full Version : Bay Area Club at Thunderhill March 8th

DavidV
02-18-2004, 06:54 PM
Hey Everyone,

Just a heads-up that Bill, Dan and Lee from Bay Area Club Z are hosting another track day at Thunderhill on Monday, March 8th.

I am planning on heading up there, possibly as an instructor and possibly to do some testing and evaluation on my MR2.

It would be fun to get some Evos out that day, apparently a lot of slots are still open and early bird pricing has been extended to Feb. 23rd.

Those of you who have run with WORKS and the Z Club in the past know how fun and well run these events are.

Driver: $200 - includes track day lunch & Welcome dinner
Co-Driver: $25 - includes track day lunch & Welcome dinner

Details here: http://www.clubz.org/track/track_day_03-08-04.html

- Lunch will be provided.
- Snell 90 or newer helmets are required. (Thunderhill rentals ~ $25)
- Typical track time is five 25 min. sessions.(tentative schedule)
- Full 3 mile track!
- Participant number will be restricted to prevent overcrowding.
- Cones will mark the apex of all corners.
- Event will run rain or shine.
- Car control exercises run the afternoon before. (see note below)
- Previous night dinner/social included. (see note below)
- If you are solo approved, passengers over 18 will be permitted.
- Instructors will be provided for everyone, but with event organizer approval, drivers can be allowed to drive solo. (advanced group solo by default, instructors available by request)

Afternoon before event - We will be hosting car control exercises in the paddock at the track from 1:00 to 5:00 pm. These will be set up mainly to benefit beginners, but anyone who wants to join in (or watch) is welcome to attend. There is no extra charge to participate in this extra event, and your guests are welcome to try it too!

Evening before event - At 6:00 pm there will be an INCLUDED group dinner and classroom discussion at Shortee's BarBQ in Willows. We'll talk about SAFETY, car dynamics, the driving line, and answer any questions. Further details will be provided after your registration has been received. For those that can't make this, we'll review driver safety, rules for the day, and run group assignments the day of the event as well.

-- DavidV :D

JanSolo
02-18-2004, 07:07 PM
I am going to sticky this one. Definitely an event well worth the time and money.

SouthernCrane
02-18-2004, 10:16 PM
David, when will WORKS and the Z club be hosting another one of these?

DavidV
02-20-2004, 09:03 PM
David, when will WORKS and the Z club be hosting another one of these?

Not sure. I'll have to look into it for you.

-- DavidV :D

SouthernCrane
02-20-2004, 09:10 PM
Thanks David!