PDA

View Full Version : Monster Park auto-x on 6/26

MarkSAE
06-15-2005, 02:38 PM
This event is like a car show / auto-x since it's put on by jdmtheory.com, so there should be a lot of ricers there. Has anyone gone to one of these type of events? Is it even worth going to? How many runs do people get? It looks like the auto-x portion of the event is being handled by NASA.

evo_dadi
06-15-2005, 02:48 PM
sorry mark you got beat already :wink: :lol: http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4762

MarkSAE
06-15-2005, 02:57 PM
Oops.. mods, delete this thread plz. Thx.

vtluu
06-15-2005, 06:15 PM
I'm going just so I can beat riced-up 400-hp rides and laugh at them.

MarkSAE
06-15-2005, 07:44 PM
Do you know if it's gonna be run like a typical autocross w/ different classes, run groups, and workers? If I go, I'd like to know what time I can show up and be able to leave. hehe..

vtluu
06-15-2005, 09:24 PM
The auto-x is organized by NASA. Which--in my experience--means a bit low on organization, a bit high on danger. :lol:

MarkSAE
06-15-2005, 09:53 PM
haha.. oh man, better pick a "low risk" area to work then. So what time are you gonna show up?

vtluu
06-15-2005, 10:27 PM
Don't know; I haven't received any information (schedule, run groups, etc.) on the event yet.

KakimotoEVO
06-16-2005, 10:01 AM
I should be there too.... but with my riced out Trueno! HAHA! :lol:

My buddies are showing off their AE86's and asked me to participate... so I said ok. One of them has a Toyota Formula Atlantic engine in his AE86... it's pretty awesome. Come check it out!

-Adrian

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wOTQyMzY5NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

vtluu
06-16-2005, 11:32 AM
Dammit, Adrian is gonna kick my ass in his Trueno. :cry: :lol:

MarkSAE
06-16-2005, 11:42 AM
Alright, I just signed up for the auto-x. Are we supposed to get some sort of confirmation email or something? After I sent my money in through paypal, it just redirected me back to the main webpage.

tkeirin
06-19-2005, 05:12 PM
do we need to register/pay if we just go and watch?

Matz
06-19-2005, 11:11 PM
do we need to register/pay if we just go and watch?

Yeah, I'm interested, too! I'll probably swing by to watch Tam beat them ricers.

Matz
06-19-2005, 11:12 PM
The auto-x is organized by NASA. Which--in my experience--means a bit low on organization, a bit high on danger. :lol:

So would you not recommend that I not do track days with NASA at Infineon?

vtluu
06-19-2005, 11:29 PM
So would you not recommend that I not do track days with NASA at Infineon?
I'd recommend other clubs over NASA, but I think if you know what you're doing you can keep yourself out of trouble. Let's hope so--I'm running with them at Willow Springs next month. 8)

Actually this autocross is being run by Jeremy Rine, an experienced SFR-SCCA autocrosser. So things should go smoothly.

tkeirin
06-20-2005, 12:15 PM
so is the event free to watch? or do we need to register to watch as well?

RSpilot
06-22-2005, 12:10 AM
Hee, hee,
I just signed up as well for the auto-cross. should be fun :P

Matz
06-22-2005, 05:21 AM

I would also like to know if it's free to watch! Does anyone know? The website doesn't seem to say anything about this.

EVO GRIM
06-22-2005, 07:15 AM
Who's goin?

MarkSAE
06-22-2005, 10:34 AM
Okay, I just called JDMTheory and they told me that they'll be mailing out an itinerary for the event tonight to all the people who signed up. They told me that the auto-x is going to be split up into 4 groups:

1) 2L and under n/a
2) Over 2L n/a
3) 2L and under turbo
4) over 2L turbo

Or something to that extent.. if it's 2L and under turbo, the EVOs are gonna kick some arse!

vtluu
06-22-2005, 10:42 AM
Heh, STis and Evos will be classed separately; there's a first... :twisted:

MarkSAE
06-22-2005, 10:56 AM
Heh, STis and Evos will be classed separately; there's a first... :twisted:

Unless I heard the guy wrong. Maybe it's "2L and over" and "under 2L". The email we receive tonight should confirm it.

redtydsf
06-22-2005, 06:40 PM
man i'm going :P

jdmtheory.com
06-22-2005, 11:52 PM
This event is like a car show / auto-x since it's put on by jdmtheory.com, so there should be a lot of ricers there. Has anyone gone to one of these type of events? Is it even worth going to? How many runs do people get? It looks like the auto-x portion of the event is being handled by NASA.

"This event is like a car show / auto-x since it's put on by jdmtheory.com, so there should be a lot of ricers there". I really appreciate your support. RICERS or NON-RICERS, JDMtheory & its crew are out here to have some fun, not to criticize. JDMtheory is introducing newbies and show goers to witness and enjoy the wonderful world of Grassroot Motorsports.

"Has anyone gone to one of these type of events?" No, this will be the first time NASA/SCCA/JDMtheory/MonsterPark are doing this type of event.

"Is it even worth going to?"Sure it is.

"How many runs do people get?"3 runs; Our Categories are very simple, again, because we are here to enjoy the scene. The Auto-X will be based from a regular SCCA event. Drivers are not needed to help (WE HAVE VOLUNTEERS TO PICK-UP CONES AND DO THE WORK).

"It looks like the auto-x portion of the event is being handled by NASA"- NASA sanctioned this event, SCCA is providing the equipments, Jeremy Rine is in charge of the Auto-X, I am Organizing/Coordinating the whole event.

JDMtheory is doing this for our customers who spends thousands of dollars on their vehicle and not able to use them because they are not familiar with the MOTORSPORT SCENE and for everyone who wants to have a good time. This Event is a major step for me and my staff, and I am very delighted to see that some EXPERT like you is very supportive of what I'm doing. Thank you for spending your precious time writing a tread regarding the event.

If you have any questions about the event you can contact me at 650.270.7077, Thank you very much.

jdmtheory.com
06-23-2005, 12:15 AM

I would also like to know if it's free to watch! Does anyone know? The website doesn't seem to say anything about this.

FREE TO SPECTATE!! FREE GENERAL PARKING!! FREE SODA'S FROM PEPSI!! FREE MUSIC FROM ENERGY 92.7!! FREE GIVEAWAYS FROM VERIZON WIRELESS!! OUR MAJOR SPONSORS!!

jdmtheory.com
06-23-2005, 12:16 AM
Hee, hee,
I just signed up as well for the auto-cross. should be fun :P

Matz
06-23-2005, 06:49 AM

FREE TO SPECTATE!! FREE GENERAL PARKING!! FREE SODA'S FROM PEPSI!! FREE MUSIC FROM ENERGY 92.7!! FREE GIVEAWAYS FROM VERIZON WIRELESS!! OUR MAJOR SPONSORS!!

Thanks for the info! Regardless of what anyone has said here about the event, I know your efforts are really appreciated, and that everyone will have a great time. I'll definitely see if I can swing by to watch.

tkeirin
06-23-2005, 03:59 PM

Thanks for the info! Regardless of what anyone has said here about the event, I know your efforts are really appreciated, and that everyone will have a great time. I'll definitely see if I can swing by to watch.

yay!

MarkSAE
06-24-2005, 03:23 PM
Bump.

jdmtheory, I never received any information regarding what time I should plan to show up for the auto-x. Can you let us know so we can plan accordingly? Thanks.

vtluu
06-24-2005, 05:59 PM
Through my top-sekrit auto-x contacts, I've obtained the following schedule:

7:00am setup course and equipment
8:00am have course available for walking
8:45am drivers meeting for any drivers who hare signed up
9:00am first cars out
12:00-12:30 noon break and additional course walk if needed. *time permitting*
12:30-3:00pm remainder of the drivers
3:00-5:00 or 5:30 Pro Driver time
5:30-6:00 close down site.

"Pro Driver time" is the time set aside for the people running the event to run the autocross course themselves. No word on what the run groups are; I'll probably just show up at 8am.

MarkSAE
06-24-2005, 06:13 PM
Cool, thanks Tam. I guess we all need to get there for the driver's meeting at 8:45am. I hope the EVO group runs in the morning so I don't have to wait all day to run.

redtydsf
06-26-2005, 08:39 PM
hey Mark, Tam & Guy drivin white RS with slicks (forgot you name), thanx for all the advice out there today. Auto X rocks :twisted: , I finally pulled a good time for myself on my last "fun run". When is the next Auto X event? :twisted: [/img]

Matz
06-26-2005, 10:26 PM
so how did it go guys? I couldn't make it out there today, was stuck at home doing some major cleaning. :(

MarkSAE
06-26-2005, 11:00 PM
hey Mark, Tam & Guy drivin white RS with slicks (forgot you name), thanx for all the advice out there today. Auto X rocks :twisted: , I finally pulled a good time for myself on my last "fun run". When is the next Auto X event? :twisted:

Nice meeting you today Mark. Glad to see you enjoyed the auto-x. The next SCCA auto-x is in Golden Gate Fields on 7/10, but you have to be an SCCA member to run at the bay area events.

The course was kinda short, about 1/3 to 1/2 the size of a regular course.

It was cool to see people get exposed to the sport. But some of these newbies need to learn how to drive slow in the pits. Some dumbf*ck was just gunning it through an area of parked cars and almost hit me as I was pulling out of a parking spot. Stupid ricer! :ahnold:

vtluu
06-26-2005, 11:12 PM
Duncan (the guy in the white RS) and I placed 2nd and 3rd in the 2.0L-or-less turbo category (my excuse is I was on my street tires :)). Navid wasn't competing but did set FTD (fastest time of day) on one of his "exhibition" runs I believe. Duncan normally runs in A Stock (so he had a huge tire advantage but I have a substantially better suspension). 1st in our category was Alex Wan, whose "1.3L" rotary RX7 normally runs in ASP.

redtydsf
06-27-2005, 09:39 AM
the evos reprezented, wish i stayed long enough to see you guys awarded. I'm gonna see if i register with SCCA online, I hope to see guys out at the next event. (for Mark) OH! and yea what was up with all the fools out there gunning it in the lot, they must have really long extension cords for their rice cookers.

MarkSAE
06-27-2005, 10:01 AM
the evos reprezented, wish i stayed long enough to see you guys awarded. I'm gonna see if i register with SCCA online, I hope to see guys out at the next event. (for Mark) OH! and yea what was up with all the fools out there gunning it in the lot, they must have really long extension cords for their rice cookers.

I registered at www.scca.org and got my membership right away. They give you a membership # right after you register, so you'll be able to run at the next event. See you at the next event!

redtydsf
06-27-2005, 12:41 PM
i'll post up pics from this event in couple of days, I hope my buddy got a pic of your car out there

Cameron@xperformance
06-27-2005, 04:01 PM
its always good to see more evos autoxin

johny719
06-28-2005, 04:34 PM
the event was pretty fun! it was my first show so I was had a good time. I'll have some pictures posted soon, anyone else have pics from the show?

johny719
06-28-2005, 04:35 PM
oh also, who drives the evo with full vinyl over it... it was black/yellow i think... and said WORKS and Vishnutuning in the back.. anyways that evo was FASTTTTTTTTTTTTTTt

EVO GRIM
06-28-2005, 05:18 PM
That's Navid, Cameron's Daddy. Xtreme performance. Stickers make him that fast!

http://www.xperformance.com/

Cameron@xperformance
06-28-2005, 06:45 PM
Stickers make him that fast!
its worth about a second :lol:

redtydsf
06-29-2005, 04:50 AM
i'll try and post up some pics tonight if i'm not too lazy 8)