PDA

View Full Version : espelir exhaust

brwnrice
02-19-2004, 03:32 PM
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65538

i got quoted $470 shipped for the jgt500r exhaust and $920 for the , perrin dp, and perrin catdelete, and espelir catback combo. do you guys think this is a good deal? :roll:

wilson1
02-19-2004, 03:46 PM
Looks good.
However, beware that the tip is right below close to the bumper cutout, and i can guarantee that it will be melted.
Seems like a big problem with most of the aftermarket exhaust though.

JanSolo
02-19-2004, 03:55 PM
I was told my Buschur was close to my bumper as well, but I have not experienced any issues. Maybe I am lucky though!

I've seen a heat shield that Lancershop sells for 18$ for bumpers that might be positioned to close to your bumper. Unfortunately, last I saw they were out of stock on them.

*EDIT*

Actually I just checked Lancershop and the part is back in stock.

http://www.lancershop.com/exterior_evo_8.htm

"EVO Rear Bumper Heat Shield"

http://www.lancershop.com/evo_hs_1.jpg

brwnrice
02-19-2004, 05:10 PM
reading from the evom post, the tip just extends out of the bumper. i dont know if it's still going to mel the bumper or not.

Jan
i dont like that metal shield but i am waiting for the carbon fiber model though.

evo_dadi
02-19-2004, 08:48 PM
hey brwnrice varis makes a cf version of that but dont know how much it would be since they have to import it.as for the price qoute the exhasut was priced good but when it got paired up with the perrin it got expensive.have you checked the helix dp and ultimate racing cat-delete? those are 2 good alternatives thats way cheaper than perrin.

brwnrice
02-19-2004, 09:27 PM
the varis carbon exhaust shield does not fit our rear bumper. it is only made to fit japanese evos. price of the varis exhaust shield is ridiculous!, you can buy a cat back for that price. mated with perrin dp and cat delete made the price go higher but buying the helix dp and UR cat delete seperately will cost more because of shipping. dunno, i might just buy the catback since it's a good deal and just wait for other deals to pop up to piece my whole exhaust.

if Cal can hook it up with the helix dp and the cat delete when it comes out then i would be a happy camper :wink:

blitzkrgCT9A
02-19-2004, 10:08 PM
pm'd ya. :)

wilson1
02-20-2004, 02:01 AM
FWIW, Perrin , HKS catbacks are melting the bumpers.

brwnrice
02-20-2004, 06:29 PM
couldn't resist, so i bought the damn exhaust. damn tax refund money is screaming to be spent. :twisted:

BluEvo
02-20-2004, 06:38 PM
couldn't resist, so i bought the damn exhaust. damn tax refund money is screaming to be spent. :twisted:
which one, the whole turbo back?!

nebolic
02-20-2004, 06:44 PM
hks exhaust is melting bumpers???? r u serious about taht, if thats true i will need to buy a heat shield, can anyone verify that?

wilson1
02-20-2004, 07:32 PM
R6bruin has the 30th Aniv. Hi-pow HKS, with plastic slowing searing away after trackday.
The Perrin is also doing the same .

brwnrice
02-20-2004, 07:53 PM
just bought the cat back. saving half of the tax return for the p2 flash 8) . i think i'm going to make a custom exhaust shield just in case.

nebolic
02-20-2004, 07:55 PM
i i have the hiks hipower, i think same exhaust as the 30th anniversay,... so i'm assuming then i should get a heat shield. any suggestions?

it doesnt look to bad right now, at least i dont see any burn marks, anyone wanna give me some advice on that?

brwnrice
02-20-2004, 08:00 PM
if you want to be on the safe side buy an exhaust shield. lancershop is selling one for a decent price. personally i'd just wait for the CF model to come out because that stainless steal shield does not appeal to me.

nebolic
02-20-2004, 08:10 PM
word... i still dont get how the exhaust will melt the bumper.... i mean i read on Evom that its happening because people are buying the JDM version which is shorter, i'm looking at my exhaust and it looks pretty fine (i.e not underneath bumper but right on) i guess i'll have to get a heat shield.

brwnrice
02-20-2004, 08:21 PM
if you autox or do track days then there is a high possibility that your bumper will melt. if you are just driving around town then melting would'nt be such an issue.

nebolic
02-20-2004, 08:26 PM
sorry about beating this topic to death, but why the difference from auto-x and street driving. Is it because the exhaust moves around more when your auto-xing?

evofan0717
02-20-2004, 08:53 PM
sorry about beating this topic to death, but why the difference from auto-x and street driving. Is it because the exhaust moves around more when your auto-xing?

IMO,it's possible, under hard cornering with lateral Gs there is an increase chance of movement plus an increase in component temp from running the car hard for long periods of time. Think about it, on the street or on the drag strip you push the car hard for about 10-30 at any given stretch and then eaze off. When you autox or road race you are pushing it hard for 1-20min with more input to the whole car. Allowing a piece of metal touch plastic for 10-30 sec won't do as much damage as 1-20 min. overcourse I could be completely wrong :bandhead:

JanSolo
02-20-2004, 08:58 PM
If exhaust movement is a huge concern, you could always buy Kartboy metal exhaust hangar replacements (http://www.allwheelengineering.com/basket/catalog.cgi?query_net_id=kartboy&query_class=KB-e004).

vtluu
02-21-2004, 12:03 AM
I don't think auto-x is really that much harder on your car (tires notwithstanding) than regular driving. Each run is only about a minute long, after which you have at least several minutes of cooldown/idle time. And at most events you'll only have a handful of runs. Still, the air coming out of the exhaust can be really hot (especially with no cat) so I can see how it would cause a problem.

brwnrice
02-25-2004, 07:33 PM
oh yeah, bought my exhaust from worldoneperformance.com

i paid $470 shipped for it! i think you can still get this deal through them if you talk to garret.

300kpa
03-04-2004, 12:12 PM
If exhaust movement is a huge concern, you could always buy Kartboy metal exhaust hangar replacements (http://www.allwheelengineering.com/basket/catalog.cgi?query_net_id=kartboy&query_class=KB-e004).

I am not sure if metal hangers are good for your exhaust. Due to the engine movements, you need the hangers to be slightly flexible to prevent your exhaust pipes from cracking. Yes, it might solve the problem of the exhuast hitting the bumper, but it will also increase stress to the exhaust pipes... IMHO.

EvolvedDSM
03-04-2004, 12:16 PM
Kartboy hangers are made of a urethane and will flex somewhat.

warpspeed
03-04-2004, 02:21 PM
Wow. My RMR cat-back is right on the money. I have about 1/2 inch clearance so I melting bumper scenario is not here. I agree with Jan, if movement of the exhaust is a big concern, I would buy the Kartboy hangers.