PDA

View Full Version : Central Coast Meet and Drive 3/6/04

evo_dadi
02-19-2004, 09:40 PM
Distance:
Around 185 miles

Drive Date:
March 6
So as not to interfere with the "Gettin Dirty" event being held at Hollister Hills SVRA

We are going to meet at the Super K-Mart located on the corner of Canyon Del Ray and Del Monte in the city of Seaside. I will be there at 11:00 and we will leave promptly at 12:00.

There really isn't a good place to stop and have lunch unless we want to drive another few miles down 101 and hit up a McDonald's or something in King City. As far as just hanging out and taking pictures, we could stop once we get into Fort Hunter Liggett, other than that the best places for pictures are gonna be on the 1 and a few turnouts at the top of Nacimiento-Ferguson Road.

Be prepared for some pretty intense and technical driving while we are on the G16 and Nacimiento-Ferguson Rd. The 1 and the G14 are going to play the scenic part of the drive.

In order to get onto Fort Hunter Liggett you are going to need to have a valid Driver's License, Registration, and Insurance with you. The gate guards aren't going to know what is legal or not on your car so don't be afraid about getting tickets. They were really cool to me when I was there. Also, you can't speed while we are passing through the Fort, you won't want to pay for the ticket. Just keep this in mind. Once we are off the Fort, the road gets really technical, and it's going to be hard for you to speed anyways :twisted:

So that is pretty much the plan. We are leaving at 12:00 so that no one (atleast most people) won't have to wake up at the butt crack of dawn to make it down here. I like sleeping in on my weekend anyways. We won't have to stop for gas or food, just pictures, so that eliminates another hassle. This was an awesome drive, and I am really looking forward to doing it again. So I guess the only question is......

WHO'S COMING?....

vtluu
02-19-2004, 10:12 PM
Sorry, already signed up for Mazda Rev-It-Up that day. :(

soundwave
02-19-2004, 11:04 PM
evo_dadi - setup a convoy in aptos and i'll try to drag myself down there from san jose... :D

evo_dadi
02-19-2004, 11:07 PM
i was gonna do that with some of my wrx buddies and leave from aptos or either santa cruz since there are a lot of rex's there also.

evo_dadi
02-25-2004, 08:24 PM
so who wants to go for this meet and maybe we can hit up monterey after. hit up like bubba gump or the local bars ;)

soundwave
03-01-2004, 07:47 PM
so, no EVOs wanna go besides evo_dadi? there should be at least a dozen subys going... c'mon guys, it will be fun.

DB8GSR
03-02-2004, 11:56 AM
Just found out I'm the on-call for that weekend. :(

xchoirboy
03-02-2004, 12:22 PM
sounds like fun but, way to far me. tryin to keep to miles down. :oops:

evo_dadi
03-04-2004, 08:20 AM
cmon guys lets do this,rack up those mileage on your evo's :peace: :skid:

soundwave
03-04-2004, 08:57 PM
cmon guys lets do this,rack up those mileage on your evo's :peace: :skid:

werd! :D

AlwayzEVOlving
03-06-2004, 01:14 AM
Why isnt there ever a drive on SUNDAY's??? I have to work tomorrow! ARGHHH!

hachi_roku_swing
03-06-2004, 02:30 AM
just wanna wish you guys a good and safe meet! have fun guys!!

evo_dadi
03-07-2004, 11:08 AM
we had a good turn out at the meet which mostly consisted of suby's but me and jomama was there to rep the evo's :buds: had a lot os pics from it also and some videos with my ghetto cam :peace: but it held on with the rest of the drive.

hey preston where's the shots that you took man. :P

jomama
03-07-2004, 11:40 AM
it was a good meet. i had a blast on the drive. can't wait to see the pics & vid evo dadi. you need to get a patent on the ghetto cam and start selling them on ebay. you'd make a fortune. lol

hope to do it again soon.

joe

soundwave
03-07-2004, 03:17 PM
here are my pics

enjoy :D i'm glad you guys came out.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=516426

evo_dadi
03-10-2004, 08:01 AM
Here's some of my pics (http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4287503981) also