PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Clubs (Muellerized) Installed

Unowned
07-01-2005, 11:33 AM
Got my Buddy Clubs + Poly Suspension Bushings + Rear Sway (i already had a cusco rear strut + vbar) put on a week ago by Mueller and team. My tune is for an intermediate driver with road racing in mind and non daily driver.

I have to admit after riding with the JICs for 2 years i was expecting a harsher ride (which i wouldn't have cared about) since i wanted to only track this car, but to my surprise the Buddy Clubs dampen very smoothly to where it actually feels like smoother version of the stock suspension feel (dampening wise) I actually feel the car is very solid while being able to take the punishment during hard cornering. The spring rates are very heavy as there is little body roll during corners (you cannot move the front shock tower very far manually pushing it).

Now during cornering i noticed the amount of understeer had gone down dramtically vs the stock suspension. I'm not saying i still don't have some understeer, because i don't have an advanced tune, but vast improvement in corner grip. Being able to make cornering adjustments with the throttle while still remaining in control is the biggest benefit as far as i can see. Accelerating out of the corner has improved much due to the poly bushings. Before i got them put in my car would skip and hop a bit out of corners (i have an 05 with both LSDs). After the car corners without skipping or hopping during hard acceleration out of a corner.

Overall i couldn't be happier (till i become a better driver) with the way the car handles. Thanks to John once again for setting me up for the road again.

http://www.y-change.com/matt/pict0046.jpg

wilson1
07-01-2005, 11:41 AM
awesome!
Whenis the next trackday?

Unowned
07-01-2005, 01:29 PM
awesome!

Probably as soon as i can secure another set of stocker rims for some RA1s :D

earlyapex
07-01-2005, 05:24 PM
awesome!

Be hardcore like the cool kids and run RA1's on the street. :D

smack
07-01-2005, 05:55 PM
yeah, those guys ROCK!!!

blitzkrgCT9A
07-01-2005, 10:25 PM
whats the spec of your BDC coilovers? care to share? :)

Unowned
07-01-2005, 10:28 PM
awesome!

Be hardcore like the cool kids and run RA1's on the street. :D

:lol: yup as soon as my Advans are gone... Hoosiers on that set :lol: syke

Unowned
07-01-2005, 10:29 PM
whats the spec of your BDC coilovers? care to share? :)

I actually don't know, but i know i got a lot of Front camber :D

blitzkrgCT9A
07-02-2005, 02:23 AM
hey thats cool, can you take more some pix of your car?

thnx

cal

hagakure
07-02-2005, 07:24 AM
awesome!

There is a guy on socalevo.net selling a set of stock wheels for 350.00 as we speak.

Percy

Unowned
07-02-2005, 08:21 AM
hey thats cool, can you take more some pix of your car?

thnx

cal

Sure i'll even take off a wheel so i can get the full shock.

There is a guy on socalevo.net selling a set of stock wheels for 350.00 as we speak.

Percy

Thanks for the heads up... Marshall also gave me a heads up about a set he is planning to sell.

bdking57
07-07-2005, 09:14 AM
sounds good.. these are on my list. Im definately leaning towards a muellerized suspension over out of the box zeals.

MarkSAE
07-07-2005, 12:14 PM
Do you still have to zip tie the front brake lines to the front shock body? Or did they add the stud for it? That's my only gripe with these.

Unowned
07-07-2005, 01:33 PM
Do you still have to zip tie the front brake lines to the front shock body? Or did they add the stud for it? That's my only gripe with these.

i dunno let me check and get back to you, i'll take the pics i promised too.

bdking57
07-18-2005, 11:54 AM
you still looking for track wheels? You can custom order the rota slipstream hyper black with polished lip wheels they used on the rota sti.. they are 8.5" wide.. perfect for 265s and around $750

Unowned
07-18-2005, 02:35 PM
you still looking for track wheels? You can custom order the rota slipstream hyper black with polished lip wheels they used on the rota sti.. they are 8.5" wide.. perfect for 265s and around $750

For now i bought Marshall's stockers for Stickies, till i can afford 2 sets of 18x9s :shock: Thanks for the heads up

MarkSAE
07-30-2005, 07:47 PM
Hey Unowned, did you get the whole set of bushings installed? I'm thinking about getting the whole set of energy suspension bushings done on my car, but am unsure if I should do the rear diff carrier ones.

Unowned
07-30-2005, 08:33 PM
Hey Unowned, did you get the whole set of bushings installed? I'm thinking about getting the whole set of energy suspension bushings done on my car, but am unsure if I should do the rear diff carrier ones.

everything on the suspension arms and attaching to the chassis. I didn't do any diff related bushings.

MarkSAE
07-30-2005, 09:02 PM
everything on the suspension arms and attaching to the chassis. I didn't do any diff related bushings.

Ahh okay, thanks for the clarification. The diff carrier bushings look like a biotch to take out. I'm gonna do all the arm bushings as those don't look too hard to change.

Unowned
07-30-2005, 09:32 PM

Ahh okay, thanks for the clarification. The diff carrier bushings look like a biotch to take out. I'm gonna do all the arm bushings as those don't look too hard to change.

You'll definately like that mod :) no more hopping car coming out of a corner