PDA

View Full Version : RPMs are holding and/or rising between shifts - help!

SJCoruja
07-09-2005, 02:05 AM
Hello all! I did do searches both here and on EvoM and couldn't find a concrete answer (or I didn't search well enough) as to what could be causing this. When I shift my RPMS hold for a bit and sometimes even rise a bit when I let off the gas. I am pretty sure it is something to do with a new adjustable BOV that I am playing with, but can't figure out what could be causing it or how to adjust it to make it stop. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks! :)

mattbcool
07-09-2005, 11:37 AM
i thought most turbo cars do that as the turbo is still slightly spinning and the air is forced in there, as long as it is only for a brief split second im sure it is fine. mine did that when it was stock. and it still does it.

SJCoruja
07-09-2005, 10:58 PM
This is definitely something new since the BOV...much different now then ever before. I am guessing that it just isn't releasing the pressure quick enough causing the rise or hold, but could be wrong. Anyone got any ideas?

Unowned
07-10-2005, 07:59 AM
did your sponser install it? make em figure it out :)

SJCoruja
07-10-2005, 08:47 AM
did your sponser install it? make em figure it out :)

LOL Unfortunately no, I did this one...which is probably why it isn't working..hahaha! :)

Unowned
07-10-2005, 09:03 AM
swap back to your old Bov to see if that helps first

wilson1
07-10-2005, 09:30 AM
swap back to your old Bov to see if that helps first

+1

SJCoruja
07-10-2005, 09:38 AM
Yep, I already had tried that and it went away so I know it is related to the BOV. I just can't figure out exactly why it happens, or how to adjust it so it won't.

nebolic
07-10-2005, 10:55 AM
adjust your driving. You'll have to let go off the gas a lot a quicker . . I had the same problem, i just adjusted my driving, after awhile, i just noticed my foot never really let off the gas completely. that might help, that might not.

:)

nebo

MitsuMan
07-10-2005, 12:23 PM
my cars always done that the evo dosn't wind down like an N/A car does its just the way it is I have stock bov and I'm used to it I don't like it cause it sounds like you can't shift right to other people. sometimes to eliminate it i let off the gas just a split second before i shift and I get a good bov dump and it drops rpms normally but sometimes you can get a little backlash in the drivetrain and thats not good! 8)