PDA

View Full Version : Help. Radio not working!

evolyphics8
07-15-2005, 03:32 PM
So I just installed an apexi power intake and everything went fine. When I was driving on the freeway and turned on the radio for the first time since I installed the intake, I heard a loud noise.

It sounded like a rock or something breaking and sounded like it came from under the dashboard. My stock radio works fine, all buttons operate, however there is no sound comming from my speakers.

Is this just a blown fuse or something bigger? Could this be related to my new intake? Should I take it to the dealer to be covered by warranty?
Thanks for the input

zyounker
07-15-2005, 03:34 PM
So I just installed an apexi power intake and everything went fine. When I was driving on the freeway and turned on the radio for the first time since I installed the intake, I heard a loud noise.

It sounded like a rock or something breaking and sounded like it came from under the dashboard. My stock radio works fine, all buttons operate, however there is no sound comming from my speakers.

Is this just a blown fuse or something bigger? Could this be related to my new intake? Should I take it to the dealer to be covered by warranty?
Thanks for the input

Check the fuses.. if not

I'd probably just take it to the dealer if it is the stock stereo.

Do you have the SSL package?

evolyphics8
07-15-2005, 03:56 PM
yes I have the SSL package

zyounker
07-15-2005, 04:14 PM
Then there should also be a fuse on the amp under your seat.

Since the stereo turns on it is not likely to be a fuse under the dash.. SO if the noise truly came from there something happened to your stereo. i'd just take it to the dealer.