PDA

View Full Version : new guy here.

mattssilverevo
02-23-2004, 12:25 AM
Hey all,

I just got rid of my old 95 3000gt vr4 (damn money pit) and picked up an EVO with 6 miles on the clock. It's apex silver and I love it. Totally different beast then my vr4 was. Actually I was talkin to my friend AJ (Amit Patel) and he said the founder of norcalevo was his old buddy. I dunno if its this forum but I thought I'd just add that. Anyway glad to be a new part of the norcalevo family. I'll probably be at the next meet whenever that is. I'll have to look around and find out. Anyway glad to be here :)

Matt

vtluu
02-23-2004, 12:46 AM
Wow, so many new faces (or names anyway) this week!

Hi Matt, welcome to NorCalEvo.net and congratulations on the new car! I always thought the 3000GT looked sweet but I agree, the Evo is an entirely different creature. :)

Hope to see you at Meet #3 next Saturday!

JanSolo
02-23-2004, 01:05 AM
Hey Matt, I know Amit, though I am not the founder of this site, just the admin. I took Amit in a spin my Evo a few weeks ago over at Brittania Arms when our mutual friend took off to Brazil for Carnival.

I owe that fool Amit a phone call and a race between my Evo and his VR-Snore. ;)

My sig has the link to the next big meet which is on Saturday the 28th. But we are also having a meet on monday night over at Starbucks Coffee on Lawrence and El Camino Real.

Missing the meet on the 28th would be a crime, so you better show up!

Welcome to the site! Just a tip - don't pass out at a party with any of these guys or you may end up with a black Sharpied face.

mattssilverevo
02-23-2004, 01:30 AM
Thanks for the sincere reply guys. JanSolo I'll be sure to make it. LOL Amit is so paranoid to modify his vr4. I had my vr4 puttin down 420whp till i cracked a piston when my hks vpc decided to run lean up on a mountain pass :(. Just one of the reasons I god rid of that money sucker. Anyway he said he wouldn't mind showing up to an evo meet seeing were all in the mitsu family so maybe i'll bring him along. Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I've seen some of the pics from mcarthy ranch and looked nice. I work right off North First st. myself so I frequent that area every day for lunch M-f :). Looking foward to this saturday :)

Matt

xchoirboy
02-23-2004, 07:52 AM
Hey Matt - I think I meet you over Ted's house. Welcome

chris
02-23-2004, 08:32 AM
welcome to the forums :)

brwnrice
02-23-2004, 09:12 AM
welcome matt! :D

BluEvo
02-23-2004, 12:54 PM
welcome matt. glad to hear that we have another Evo in the pack.................you guys hear that?...........it's the sound of NorCalEvo's roaming the streets in #'s that keep growing! yeah yeah! :D

mattssilverevo
02-23-2004, 08:57 PM
Hey Matt - I think I meet you over Ted's house. Welcome

Yep that was me. Teddy now owns my silver 99 vr4. He's gonna put her back to tiptop shape. But I've owned 2 vr4's now so that era is over. I love the evo. I got the HKS suction intake on order along wth the uk evo badge lol I had to have it. I'm gonna hit up worksrally in sf for ecu reflash , going with the turboxs exhaust/downpipe, blitz ebc, hks ssbov, hks 264 cams intake/exhaust and later this spring some runs at infineon. After its all tuned and done I want to start attending some classes at possibly willow springs, thunderhill, laguna seca,etc. I've really gotten into track racing lately as my buddy Kenji has a nsx and has taken me to some events. So to say the least I'm pretty damn happy I own this car. Hope to see you guys at the meet on the 28th.

Matt

evo_dadi
02-23-2004, 09:31 PM
evo's evo's whatcha gonna do when they come for you ;)

welcome to the big family of evo's.

brwnrice
02-23-2004, 09:51 PM
matt, you should watch some best motoring videos and you will see the great potential of our evo's on track!