PDA

View Full Version : American Auto-X Series

vtluu
02-24-2004, 04:41 AM
I'd seen this before but forgotten about it until now: http://www.americanauto-x.com/

This might be good for people wanting to try out autocross. Registration is open, $35 (no membership/annual dues), you get 5 runs and there is a relatively sane number of entries (~100) unlike the SFR-SCCA events. It's a bit far--a 2-hour drive to Atwater/Castle AFB, but they start running at 9am (registration starting at 8am) so I could probably head out from the South Bay at 6am and make it in plenty of time. First event is 2/28 which is obviously a no-go for us with Evos, but the next event is 2/29 if anyone is interested. I'm definitely thinking about it...

The site says "The series caters to the 'American Iron', so therefore the courses are designed somewhat wider than most autocrosses across the nation" which makes me think (1) the courses--being wide--should be especially friendly to beginners driving Evos, and (2) wouldn't it just be awesome to have a group of a half-dozen or so Evos "crashing their party"? :lol:

chrisw
02-24-2004, 08:46 AM
AAS events are known to have very fast and flowing courses, perfect for our cars. If you go, you can expect to compete against national level drivers; it's a great test of your skills.

I'll probably be going on sunday, getting to atwater from SC is easy.

Evil EV0
02-25-2004, 03:27 AM
I'll be there Saturday for sure and might go on Sunday as well for a little bit (only 15 mins or so from here). Dont know if im taking the EVO or S2K :) I'll just be watching anyways..

vtluu
02-25-2004, 03:28 AM
I'll be there Saturday for sure
:shock: What about the NorCalEvo meet?

Evil EV0
02-25-2004, 03:34 AM
LOL...Yeah I know, I know...We have a few friends from the S2K club that are going to be racing so we always go out there and watch them. We can make it a mini meet at the aurox on Sunday :)

vtluu
02-25-2004, 11:25 AM
Cool, hope to see you Sunday then! :cool: