PDA

View Full Version : Whiterabbit

evo_dadi
07-18-2005, 11:20 PM
well i finally got it installed today after waiting a few weeks for it :P ran a quick tune since i was there the whole day and my daughter was getting really bored.also it was damn hot today and while on the dyno the temp was around 93-95f :shock:
http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album87/Scan10001.sized.jpg
mods still the same:mbc/s-afc/264 cams/tbe/walbro fuel pump/660cc injectors.honestly i wasnt holding my breath for a big gain from this turbo but what it didnt show on the dyno is the fun factor of driving it :twisted:

coming next week:Ecutek 8)

Unowned
07-18-2005, 11:23 PM
what is your PSI?

wilson1
07-18-2005, 11:25 PM
Isn't it the same Hp from your stock turbo setup?
How does it spools?

evo_dadi
07-18-2005, 11:26 PM
its on 22psi btw :oops:

first run was my last tune and daily driver setup and the second was after the white rabbit was installed.

wilson1
07-18-2005, 11:36 PM
I need a ride now! :D

methods4
07-18-2005, 11:37 PM
So what did you dyno before and after the Cracker Rabbit install? How different are you HP/TQ curves?

Edit: Whoops, took a 2nd look and saw your before/after. +6hp and +16tq? That's a nice increase in midrange torque but I personally would expect more when upgrading a turbo. Are other people seeing the same kinda results?

evo_dadi
07-18-2005, 11:45 PM
there was a guy somewhere on another state that posted almost the same result but runnin with 93oct :shock: let me find his dyno sheet on evom.

evo_dadi
07-18-2005, 11:52 PM
here's the other guy who had the white rabbit also,i was looking at his base and comparing it to mine also.
http://www.carrettiworld.net/images/dynosheet.jpg

EvoVIII
07-19-2005, 12:01 AM
let me drive u car next time, I wanna see how it feels

stockEVO8
07-19-2005, 12:05 AM
thats it???... :?

airforce1
07-19-2005, 12:21 AM
thats it???... :?

My thoughts exactly. What is the WHP gain per dollar? I've been reading the same thing on EvoM and there is some disappointment there is well. BTW, how much for the WR turbo anyways? My god, I cannot think of spending >$1K (parts/labor/dyno) for a few measly WHP. Hope better tuning helps!

wilson1
07-19-2005, 12:23 AM
WR costs 1550

MarkSAE
07-19-2005, 12:28 AM
here's the other guy who had the white rabbit also,i was looking at his base and comparing it to mine also.
http://www.carrettiworld.net/images/dynosheet.jpg

This is what the turbo *should* be doing. A little more peak hp and a bit more grunt at the top. Definitely adds a lot more area under the curve. But it seems like the results vary from turbo to turbo. Maybe all the WR's leaving FP aren't built the same!

airforce1
07-19-2005, 12:40 AM
WR costs 1550

Geez.....I would be swearing up and down if it was only good for 300WHP, even if it was on a mustang dyno.

evo_dadi
07-19-2005, 05:31 AM
my other plan before was pickin up the tme turbo but considering the price of it now its almost the same as the WR.also the toerh guys dyno was done with a higher octane gas while mine was just done on straight piss gas :lol: but yeah definitely gonna get more tuning for sure with ecutek on it soon 8)

EVO GRIM
07-19-2005, 07:01 AM
Read the vishnu posts on the WR on evom. They are sayin the WR needs more psi and like higher octane. Congrats Marcel. Do you have cam gears? THat might shift your curve giving you a little more top end. SHiv was saying that they still need more testing to find out what the rabbit likes.

bdking57
07-19-2005, 07:01 AM
Personally i think everyone was getting way over hyped on this being some sorta awesome peak hp turbo... I bet its a blast to drive the car with.. just a bigger version of stock that hold torque higher through the power band. Im counting on marcel getting a little clower to 300whp soon though.

JanSolo
07-19-2005, 07:38 AM
There is a great post by the guy who worked on the White Rabbit right here (http://forums.evolutionm.net/showpost.php?p=2166920&postcount=171). He states good details about the design and what improvements one should see from the WR.

Whooopasss
07-19-2005, 08:34 AM
congrats marcel!! I say you do need a lot of tuning now. That is a little less that what you got form the 290 from EIP right?

Dr. Evo
07-19-2005, 08:36 AM
Well you did say it was on a quick tune, right? You will see more when you tune it properly. Also, I understand that the spoolup and midrange rock the seat dyno.

hagakure
07-19-2005, 09:00 AM
The ambient heat makes a difference in the Power the car is making. It will be interesting to see the numbers whent he car is dynoed in cooler weather.

Percy

Unowned
07-19-2005, 09:04 AM
its on 22psi btw :oops:

first run was my last tune and daily driver setup and the second was after the white rabbit was installed.

How much are you tapering on the high end? of course if you are tapering down to where the Stock T can push too, it would be similar in power. I'm pretty sure with Race Fuel this Turbo can push a lot more than the Stocker with Race Fuel. The Midrange Increase looks good though! i could use this Turbo for Road Racing :)

bdking57
07-19-2005, 10:23 AM
oh please.. your car is to pretty for road racing :roll:

MadStylez707
07-19-2005, 11:03 AM
i might be heading over there in a few days or so, once i get those damn injectors... :x

i'll let u know when i'm headin over there...plus i wanna ride in the WR EVO... :twisted:

EvoVIII
07-19-2005, 12:24 PM
my other plan before was pickin up the tme turbo but considering the price of it now its almost the same as the WR.also the toerh guys dyno was done with a higher octane gas while mine was just done on straight piss gas :lol: but yeah definitely gonna get more tuning for sure with ecutek on it soon 8)
hey dadi, is it a stright up bolt on?

wilson1
07-19-2005, 12:49 PM

yes

EvoVIII
07-19-2005, 12:52 PM

yes
order it wilson! and stuff it into ur MR, if you don't like it sell it to me for a cheaper price :lol:

wilson1
07-19-2005, 12:58 PM

yes
order it wilson! and stuff it into ur MR, if you don't like it sell it to me for a cheaper price :lol:

One of my friends just got one, and is installing it this wk with other mods, so we shall see if this WR will live up to it's expectations.

Dr. Evo
07-19-2005, 02:13 PM
You can send them your stocker and they build it into a WR like $900!
Upgrade (http://linux.forcedperformance.net/merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FP&Product_Code=TUEVOWR&Category_Code=Lancer_Turbo)

zyounker
07-19-2005, 02:27 PM
I guess for the stock hotside you really can't do better. Still wish it could go a little further.

earlyapex
07-19-2005, 02:36 PM
But it seems like the results vary from turbo to turbo. Maybe all the WR's leaving FP aren't built the same!

No, more like results vary from who tunes it to who tunes it.

Marcel, you made 274whp / 270whtq before the WR with cams? Who tuned it?

On the quick tune for the WR, did you lean out the top or add fuel?

ob4
07-19-2005, 04:43 PM
Nice # Marcel! I especially like the 280 torque. I see less torque on my TME. Was the based # done with the 10.5 hotside?

-ob4

evo_dadi
07-19-2005, 05:52 PM
damn too many questions to answer :shock:
-it was leaned on some parts and richen on some rpm range but we had to keep on stopping while tuning since it was really hot at the shop and not enough fan to blow some air out.
-the base numbers were done with everything in the car including the 10.5 hotside and o2 housing.
-this turbo does drop in straight out and all you need to to is get some new gaskets for it.
when i did the 290 at eip that was just a quick run with 23 psi+dumping fuel so thats why the torque was kinda low.

so far ive been driving the snot out of it and i really like the results.there's just this weird kinda like whistling sound when boost starts kicking.it doesnt seem like a leak since the boost is pretty consistent :twisted: but it feels like im driving one of those starwars vehicle in the forest whizzing thru trees :lol: "weeeeeee psssh"

vtluu
07-19-2005, 06:26 PM
Hmm. Reading up a bit on the WR, it seems they're using the stock TD05H turbine wheel. Do you know if they're using the Inconel wheel, or TiAl (titanium aluminide) wheel? Wondering if it's possible to get a WR turbo that combines the best of the WR and TME turbos--better torque curve and faster spoolup.
:drool:

bdking57
07-19-2005, 07:25 PM
screw the power.. i just want it or the sound! :D

dohcvtec
07-19-2005, 07:47 PM
Hmm. Reading up a bit on the WR, it seems they're using the stock TD05H turbine wheel. Do you know if they're using the Inconel wheel, or TiAl (titanium aluminide) wheel? Wondering if it's possible to get a WR turbo that combines the best of the WR and TME turbos--better torque curve and faster spoolup.
:drool:
I believe it is the TiAl

and LOL to starwars comparison.

wilson1
07-19-2005, 08:26 PM
damn too many questions to answer :shock:

:lol:

evo_dadi
07-19-2005, 10:03 PM

paul@eipracing has been the one working and tuning my evo.i think ive made a good spot already on the hard drive of the computer used for the dyno with all the runs that he's done :lol:

earlyapex
07-20-2005, 12:38 AM

paul@eipracing has been the one working and tuning my evo.i think ive made a good spot already on the hard drive of the computer used for the dyno with all the runs that he's done :lol:

Can I ask what AFR you did for the 274/270 run and also the WR run?

evo_dadi
07-20-2005, 07:07 AM
i dont have the sheet for the first one but from what i remember before the WR the afr was about 11.3-11.5.here's for the WR its kinda pale since the printer was running low on ink :lol:
http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album87/Scan10002.sized.jpg

bdking57
07-20-2005, 08:45 AM
Paul is the man.. you should go by there bryan..

marcel.. just curious why you ditched the 02 housing? you were making pretty good power with that combo before.. why not stick with the similiar setup and add the turbo?

GokuSSJ4
07-20-2005, 11:43 AM
tuning is everything, IMO you can not compare the full potential of the WR into you have the proper tuning.

TylerO@WORKS
07-20-2005, 12:53 PM
Hey guys we have one White Rabbit left here at WORKS (installing one right now!)

Our flash kit for it should be available soon!

EvoVIII
07-20-2005, 12:57 PM
Hey guys we have one White Rabbit left here at WORKS (installing one right now!)

Our flash kit for it should be available soon!
Works go tthe WR for sale?? how much r u guys going for with the install?

evo_dadi
07-20-2005, 09:08 PM
Paul is the man.. you should go by there bryan..

marcel.. just curious why you ditched the 02 housing? you were making pretty good power with that combo before.. why not stick with the similiar setup and add the turbo?

i was contemplating about it but since the helix o2 housing doesnt use the stock cover on it i opted for the cleaner look and the extra suppport bracket ;)

bdking57
07-21-2005, 05:40 PM
well that was very stealthy of you :o have you been gettin harrased by the police or something?

MitsubishZ
07-21-2005, 11:30 PM
im no professional tuner, but omg thats not worth $1550

vtluu
07-22-2005, 01:08 AM
Then don't buy it. :roll:

EvoVIII
07-22-2005, 01:11 AM
Then don't buy it. :roll:
+1

evo_dadi
07-22-2005, 07:25 AM
well that was very stealthy of you :o have you been gettin harrased by the police or something?

lol with the usual weekend things that we do around town or meets it feels much easier to make excuses when the word "pop your hood" comes into play :lol:

when i bought this turbo i was more thinking of the wide usable powerband of it since i mainly do autox for now besides the weekend cruises.if i wanted power i would have went with the atp kit since it also uses the stock manifold but dont want to be counting sheeps waiting for the power to kick in :wink:

bdking57
07-22-2005, 10:23 AM
you still running catless though? I have a resonated test pipe on the way.. however im thinking I should go to a junk yard and try to find a cat shell to wrap it in

lol with the usual weekend things that we do around town or meets it feels much easier to make excuses when the word "pop your hood" comes into play :lol:

when i bought this turbo i was more thinking of the wide usable powerband of it since i mainly do autox for now besides the weekend cruises.if i wanted power i would have went with the atp kit since it also uses the stock manifold but dont want to be counting sheeps waiting for the power to kick in :wink:

white power
08-17-2005, 12:14 AM

FP thinks so also and offers a 'send it to us and we will send it back' option for $600 less than buying it outright...1 week turnaround... now its attractive! With the money you save get a header from Gruppe-S and a Cast o2 from Works and be out the same $1,550 or less! Just take a taxi to work or bum a ride while your cars down? As a flipside, base on latest post rumors a stock location 'green' turbo might be in our future as an option from FP so waiting could be a good thing?

http://linux.forcedperformance.net/merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FP&Product_Code=TUEVOWR&Category_Code=Lancer_EVO

MarkSAE
08-17-2005, 12:46 AM
FP thinks so also and offers a 'send it to us and we will send it back' option for $600 less than buying it outright...1 week turnaround... now its attractive! With the money you save get a header from Gruppe-S and a Cast o2 from Works and be out the same $1,550 or less! Just take a taxi to work or bum a ride while your cars down? As a flipside, it looks like a stock location 'green' option might be in our future as an option so waiting might be a good thing?

http://linux.forcedperformance.net/merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FP&Product_Code=TUEVOWR&Category_Code=Lancer_EVO

If you read closely, you'll see that description says "upgrade to WR compressor specs" meaning that they take your turbo, and retrofit a WR wheel into it. So if you send an 03 turbo in, you'll get back a 9.8 cm2 turbine housing and you won't get the TiAl goodies. So if you add up the cost of adding a 10.5 hotside, and the TiAl goodies to the $895, you would have been better off buying it outright for $1550. You can sell your stock turbo and still come out ahead.

But if you already have an 05, then you don't have to pay for the 10.5 hotside.

evo_dadi
08-17-2005, 05:04 PM
As a flipside, base on latest post rumors a stock location 'green' turbo might be in our future as an option from FP so waiting could be a good thing?

ssshhhhh :wink: :twisted:

MitsuMan
08-18-2005, 12:41 PM
screw the power.. i just want it or the sound! :D
yea when i 16g'd my 1g dsm I was like "cool sound man"

MitsuMan
08-18-2005, 12:46 PM
yea i need to feel this turblow I have way higher numbers on my stocker w/ a Vishnustage1+ was up with that????????? :?

earlyapex
08-18-2005, 02:05 PM
yea i need to feel this turblow I have way higher numbers on my stocker w/ a Vishnustage1+ was up with that????????? :?

Stop looking at peak numbers then.

MitsuMan
08-18-2005, 06:09 PM
what numbers should I look at then? how do you judge your peak output exactly. I put down 286 w/cat and 318 on 100oct and this is with consistancy are we having a tuning argument or a dyno issue? I don't understand you pex please expain.

earlyapex
08-18-2005, 09:42 PM
what numbers should I look at then? how do you judge your peak output exactly. I put down 286 w/cat and 318 on 100oct and this is with consistancy are we having a tuning argument or a dyno issue? I don't understand you pex please expain.

Peak numbers are just that. Peak numbers.

Look at the curve. I am not saying his WR is better than your Vishnu Stage 1whatever.

Peak numbers mean nothing but bragging rights. The curve is what you should be looking at.

Let's say one guy peaked hp at 6000 rpms , 260hp. The other guy peaked 240hp at 6000rpms but had approx 30 more hp than you did in the midrange for lets say, 2000rpms. What do you think is better?

and how is 286hp WAY more than his 280hp since you are playing the peak numbers, flex my muscle game?

evo_dadi
09-15-2005, 09:54 PM
time to start up the flame here again :twisted: :lol: finally got a tune done today with the ecutek running on 91 peepee still with the same mods but this time the afc values are set on 0.
http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album87/Scan10004.sized.jpg
http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album87/Scan10005.sized.jpg

earlyapex
09-15-2005, 10:40 PM
Damn, nice curves!

You have 50 more whp and 75 more wtq than me at 3400rpms!
:shock:

What boost?

evo_dadi
09-15-2005, 10:50 PM
peak was around 23psi close to touching 24psi.with an afr of around 11.3 there was a lot smoke :lol: picked up almost 50miles onthe dyno also :shock:

earlyapex
09-15-2005, 10:57 PM
peak was around 23psi close to touching 24psi.with an afr of around 11.3 there was a lot smoke :lol: picked up almost 50miles onthe dyno also :shock:

11.3 is about perfect for 91 octane, I wouldn't go leaner than that.

How come there is still such a drop off after 6000 rpms though? I thought that is where the WR is supposed to shine? What boost is it holding up top?

The mid range curves look pretty darn good though.

And for the love of god, would somebody tell EIP racing to freaking hold their dyno pulls till 7500rpms????!?!??!?!

evo_dadi
09-15-2005, 11:09 PM
lol maybe next time i get back there ill bug him about it.wasnt sure about pushing it up more since i was tryingto get a decent tune with 91oct on the tank.ill probly try to have one done on a higher octane later on for track days or autox.

MitsuMan
09-16-2005, 07:54 PM
are you running cams??? whats spec?

evo_dadi
09-16-2005, 09:50 PM
hks 264/264's

island414
10-31-2005, 06:05 AM
there was a guy somewhere on another state that posted almost the same result but runnin with 93oct

What else can i do with it?

EFIxMR
10-31-2005, 07:09 AM

on whos dyno did you do this on?

earlyapex
10-31-2005, 11:52 AM

Don't bother with MitsuMan, he can't see beyond peak numbers.

MitsuMan
10-31-2005, 02:39 PM

SHivs

EFIxMR
11-12-2005, 07:59 PM
nice power

GokuSSJ4
11-21-2005, 05:24 PM
what do you guys think of the TME w/ the WR wheel upgrade ?

evo_dadi
11-21-2005, 08:33 PM
itll be just the same as a brand new WR turbo isnt it?

GokuSSJ4
11-22-2005, 02:00 AM
yeah but it has titanum parts along with the WR upgraded compressor wheel... should kick some ass , at least help it spool faster ( it suppost too )

GokuSSJ4
11-22-2005, 02:22 AM
this is what i meant
Wondering if it's possible to get a WR turbo that combines the best of the WR and TME turbos--better torque curve and faster spoolup.
having a TME retrofitted with the WR wheel.

EFIxMR
11-22-2005, 02:44 AM
the original WR is based off the TME. meaning it has the titanium turbine with WR compressor.

carbonevo8
11-22-2005, 08:21 AM
the original WR is based off the TME. meaning it has the titanium turbine with WR compressor.

he's right I have a WR with titanium internals most WR are tiatanium

GokuSSJ4
11-22-2005, 09:41 AM
didnt know that the WR was based of the TME, i figure that it wasn't.. An all they had change was the compressor wheel.. and not some of the internals...

BMan
11-24-2005, 08:26 AM
TME internals with 10.5 hot side and their aluminum compressor wheel.

EVO GRIM
11-24-2005, 09:57 AM
You mean titanium? Anybody have links on good info on the wr?

L84AD8
11-24-2005, 12:45 PM
You mean titanium? Anybody have links on good info on the wr?

Here you go... 8)

http://linux.forcedperformance.net/merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FP&Product_Code=NTEVO8WR&Category_Code=Lancer_EVO