PDA

View Full Version : Xede?

MitsubishZ
07-21-2005, 02:28 PM
can someone steer me in the right direction, where i can get an xede cpu please :D Cause from my understanding they wont void your warranty because you can take them off...

EvoVIII
07-21-2005, 02:37 PM
http://www.vishnutuning.com/evo_XEDE.htm

MitsubishZ
07-21-2005, 10:37 PM
thanks man! :D :D :D

wilson1
07-21-2005, 10:46 PM
let me know if you want to see one, i can bring mines to the meet.

MitsubishZ
07-30-2005, 11:19 PM
When is there a meet? I would like to see one. Is this EXEDE basically the same thing as a reflash (from say, dynoflash)?

JanSolo
07-31-2005, 12:26 AM
No, the Xede is a piggy back device whereas the Dynoflash is a reflash that rewrites the existing tune on the factory ECU. With the Xede, you will keep your factory ECU, but the tuning parameters will come from the Xede itself.

MitsubishZ
07-31-2005, 01:10 AM
ic ic... but essentially they do the same thing right? Mess with a/f ratio, boost, timing, etc?

JanSolo
07-31-2005, 08:14 AM
ic ic... but essentially they do the same thing right? Mess with a/f ratio, boost, timing, etc?

If you are just looking at the point of view of tuning, yes you are correct.

EVO GRIM
07-31-2005, 08:14 AM
Go to evom section for visnu and read what they are doing with the xede. Pretty amazing smart tune, where the xede tunes your car as you drive it for more safe horsepower. It utilizes a bosch sensor and nock box and lm-1 to tune fuel, boost and timing until nock then brings it down a bit. Also they just released a no lift shift, that allows you to shift without lifting off the gas. Kind of like a secondary rev limiter. So your bov doesn't vent and you throttle body stays open, keepin the car on boost instead of having to rebuild it. A lot of guys are loving it. I'm just worried about bugs. I'll wait a bit. Some are saying that the no lift shift is worth 1/2 sec in 1/4 mile!