PDA

View Full Version : Safety at Track Days

hagakure
07-23-2005, 03:52 PM
Guys,

We have the GGLC t-hill event coming up, and just wanted to add a few words of caution and encouragement. Let's all remember to have fun, drive within our limits, not have lapses of cocentration, and be completely courteous out there. There will be a lot of Evos on track with the lotus folks and other makes. Frankly, Evo drivers are getting a bit of a negative rep off and on the track, and we can do a lot by our behaviour to dispel the growing negative opinion. There have been a few track days I have done with TMR and NCRC where I have received a few wisecracks about making sure I "keep the shiny side up, since I drive an Evo." There have been three rollovers in the past two years by Evo's at thunderhill alone....I'm not so sure any other Marque has such a dubious distinction. So, let's not get in over our heads. The natural tendency is to compete, but none of us are racing yet, so discretion is advisable.

Not wanting to preach, but just want to make sure that we are all safe. Peace guys, see you out there on wednesday.

Percy

2befast
07-23-2005, 04:31 PM
here, here

vtluu
07-23-2005, 07:24 PM
:werd:

gOt BoOsT
07-23-2005, 08:06 PM
^ +1

dohcvtec
07-23-2005, 08:24 PM
I also heard the wise cracks about evo's, white especially like mine at the last event and my car wasn't even on the track.! :?

I agree with Percy, stay within your limits, drive with caution and courtesy; we're not out there to race. Lets make a good impression out there.

earlyapex
07-23-2005, 08:53 PM
So I can't launch off the berm in turn 5 like I did on Monday? 8)

evo_dadi
07-24-2005, 07:59 AM
my left hand would be sticking out the whole day to point you guys down :lol: :driving:

dohcvtec
07-24-2005, 10:06 AM
So I can't launch off the berm in turn 5 like I did on Monday? 8)
LOL
At the NCRC event, it was my first time NOT taking the bypass, I too launced off that thing. Damn thats a hard left turn up there. :shock:

thomas
07-24-2005, 04:04 PM
my left hand would be sticking out the whole day to point you guys down :lol: :driving:

haha :lol: juss remember to put some sunblock on that arm...haha :lol:

smack
07-25-2005, 11:39 AM
i had a friend do that there in his gti and bent the car :shock:
the roof buckled right above the driver's door b pillar. he got lucky
though i guess since he kept it on the wheels instead going over.
wasn't cheap to fix either.

earlyapex
07-25-2005, 11:47 AM
i had a friend do that there in his gti and bent the car :shock:
the roof buckled right above the driver's door b pillar. he got lucky
though i guess since he kept it on the wheels instead going over.
wasn't cheap to fix either.

WTF!?!?! He bent his car hitting the inside berm in turn 5?

How the hell did he do that?

smack
07-25-2005, 11:57 AM
he turned in way too early, caught the inside berm and went two wheels at the top of the hill and came down hard enough to bend the car on the back side.
didn't see it happen on the track but after he came off.

Absinthe
07-28-2005, 02:29 PM
he turned in way too early, caught the inside berm and went two wheels at the top of the hill and came down hard enough to bend the car on the back side.
didn't see it happen on the track but after he came off.

:shock: