PDA

View Full Version : Upgrades in progress. opinions Please

BADEVO
07-24-2005, 07:29 AM
Not from NORCAL but I "lurk" here a bit so I decided I would post and get opinions.

This is my first post on here guys so be gentle.

Current have an 03 VIII with AEM Cam Gears, 3" Turbo Back with No Cat. HKS RS Intake MBC at 20 PSI and a Flashed ECU.

My pending mods ( at the house going in this week I hope )

GSC 272/264 Cams
APR Head Studs
10.5cm Hotside
Tubular Exhaust Mani
Tubular O2
Alky Injection ( may bump up boost to 23 lbs )
S-AFC-II

and of course I have to get the ECU reflashed again for these mods. My question is basiclly do you guys see anything completely out of whack with the set up?

Opinions please.

evo_dadi
07-24-2005, 07:42 AM
you might want to add least a walbro fuel pump there in the list and also bigger injectors.the rest of parts you listed is pretty complete already except maybe a new clutch in the future also with the new level of power youre gonna put down :twisted:

Evo442
07-24-2005, 07:48 AM
Sounds good so far! You may want to consider valve springs and retainers...

BADEVO
07-24-2005, 09:06 AM
you might want to add least a walbro fuel pump there in the list and also bigger injectors.the rest of parts you listed is pretty complete already except maybe a new clutch in the future also with the new level of power youre gonna put down :twisted:

opps.. My bad I added the FP last year when I did my reflash.

UPDATE: Ordered a greddy Emange Ultimate that will be in my hands on the 15th of August so I will have to end up selling my SAFC-II. Oh well. ha ha ha

EVILutionVIII
07-24-2005, 12:29 PM

May not need the injectors right now but definetly get the pump and get reflashed or afc tuned.

BADEVO
07-24-2005, 10:07 PM

May not need the injectors right now but definetly get the pump and get reflashed or afc tuned.

Yeah I am getting the flash to get rid of the fuel cut & boost cut then tuning with the new Emanage Ultimate.

bdking57
07-25-2005, 09:22 AM
I would skip on the exhaust manifold and 02 housing..go with AMS lower intercooler pipe maybe Ti springs and retainers since your going to be in there.. would give you extra peace of mind.

ez76
07-25-2005, 11:54 AM
I am sure you are aware of the potential for cracking with the tubular manifold - vendors like DNP (1 year) and Borla (1 million miles) have some warranties here.

A less discussed issue from these parts is exhaust leaks. I have personally and second-hand seen people get semi-poisoned by their cars from aftermarket O2 housings that were not true, and manifold bolts which have backed off - something to be aware of because you cannot smell it, you just feel it. There is increased risk because most (all?) aftermarket O2 housings eliminate the support that bolts to the block.

MarkSAE
07-25-2005, 12:09 PM
A less discussed issue from these parts is exhaust leaks. I have personally and second-hand seen people get semi-poisoned by their cars from aftermarket O2 housings that were not true, and manifold bolts which have backed off - something to be aware of because you cannot smell it, you just feel it. There is increased risk because most (all?) aftermarket O2 housings eliminate the support that bolts to the block.

I know exactly what you're talking about as I had a tubular 3" o2 housing on my GSX. The flange that mated to the turbine housing was warped to hell when it was off the car. Bolting it down would help flatten it out a little, but it didn't totally seal.

I was probably poisoned pretty good from driving around w/ that thing for 2+ years. I am now very sensitive to the smell of exhaust fumes.