PDA

View Full Version : Service and Troubleshooting

tkeirin
07-25-2005, 05:46 PM
i had the zeals function v6 for about a month or so.......but having deep clicking noises during low speeds (10 - 20 mph) coming from the drivers side for the past couple wks. it's been bothering me because not only i can hear it, i can feel the deep click. the noise was minimal when it first started, but now it's a bit louder, more consistant, and also sometimes happens at higher speeds (40 mph approx).

so, i went to Gruppe-S 2 or 3 times, and ask them to check. they told me that they looked at it and made sure that everything is bolted on tight and readjusted the preload. they said they don't see anything is wrong with the coilovers, or the installation, and said that its normal to hear the clicking sound. of course, i wasn't tooooo happy with their answers.

then I also went to Works to have them look at it. When they (Tyler) test drove my car, they immediately knew that there shouldn't b any clicking noise like that. because i went to Gruppe-S a couple times and didn't get anything resolved, I asked Works to help me out. Tyler suggested that they'll take the zeals off the car and inspect them to see if there are any problems with the shocks or see if the installation is incorrect. They also will offer me a loaner zeals (that they have) for me to use if they need to send my zeals in for rebuild. now that's wat I call service and taking care of customers. so i'll b going to Works tomorrow roughly b4 noon to have them check my zeals out. i'll keep my fiingers crossed and hope for the best on the coilovers.

Bottom line:
Works offers to help me out by taking the zeals off the car and will thoroughly inspect the coilovers, even though i didn't buy the zeals from them. if there are any problems, they're willing to loan me their zeals while they send mine for rebuild.
Gruppe-S......well, don't know what to say. they just simply "looked" at it and made sure everything was bolted on tight and nothing is leaking. i also sat in another evo w/the zeals and there were no clicking noises coming from those zeals. it had other tiny noises, but very different when compared to the zeals on my evo. i get the feeling that they just don't want to deal w/the problem and just want to brush me off. i can also see that their inability to provide good troubleshooting on customer's technical issues gives me the sense of false security over the product that i bought. this is not a good process to retain loyal customers, but its an excellent business practice to seriously deter future customer business and loyalty. i also feel that i just wasted my gas and time. i may not know enough about coilovers, but i strongly believe that the zeals shouldn't make those clicking noise.

MarkSAE
07-25-2005, 06:19 PM
My Zeals make clunking noises too, but only at low speeds (less than 5 mph). Talking to a few other people w/ Zeals, this noise seems normal. I was pretty paranoid when I first heard the sounds, so I crawled underneath my car and checked all the suspension points for looseness. I also checked all the collars to make sure they were tight. Everything checked out fine. Other than the noise, I haven't had any problems.

I also played around w/ tire pressures seeing if it affected the noise. Lowering the tire pressures seemed to make a small difference, but not really.

But noises at speed doesn't sound right. Let's hope WORKS figures it out.

tkeirin
07-25-2005, 06:21 PM
yea........lets hope so. i'll keep u posted.

tkeirin
07-26-2005, 05:28 PM
here's some update. at Works, we found that most likely the front passenger coilover may need to b rebuild. Works also contacted Endless in regards to this situation. They mentioned to me that the coilovers might b one of the bad batch that I got from Gruppe-S. Anyway, the guys at Works will work with Endless to take care of me. Again, 2 super thumbs up for Works. Nothing to say about Gruppe-S. I'm just very disappointed at them and Endless knows how I feel.

zyounker
07-26-2005, 05:42 PM
Good to know.