PDA

View Full Version : New Evo Owner @_@

rivalyoung
07-25-2005, 11:49 PM
Hi guys,

I met Chris ['03 black Evo] earlier at the Milpitas Q-Cup and was told this is the forum hub for Nor Cal Evo owners so here I am.

I own a stock '05 blue Evo w/ about 4600mi. and plan to start working on the engine's potential soon.

It's cool to see there's quite a good strong family of other local Evo owners that I can associate w/ and get help from for my 4G63 questions. Hope to see you guys around some local organized events soon!

L84AD8
07-25-2005, 11:53 PM
Welcome to the :peewee: club! Enjoy modding. 8)

What mod are you planning on buying first?

Unowned
07-26-2005, 12:02 AM
great color choice :peace:

rivalyoung
07-26-2005, 12:07 AM
Since I bought the car a month ago I've been trying to read as much as I can online and after talking w/ Chris earlier, I think I'm going to go w/ the Works T303 package to start w/. He highly recommended the T340, but it's going to be my daily driver [Saratoga to Fremont work commute weekdays] and I think the T303 will be good to start w/.

I'm aiming for the "as close to stock" anti-cop magnet look and sound because the last thing I want is to get pulled over just going to meet friends for coffee or something. I called up Works a few days ago and someone there even suggested that if I wanted I could get the T303 w/ a Stealthworks exhaust. Any recommendations on what I should start w/ 1st?

rivalyoung
07-26-2005, 12:12 AM
Unowned are you the Evo owner that I met Sat. night at that new Tapioca Express? There was a guy w/ a blue Evo just like yours parked just on the other side of my little bro's yellow MR2...

L84AD8
07-26-2005, 12:16 AM
Since I bought the car a month ago I've been trying to read as much as I can online and after talking w/ Chris earlier, I think I'm going to go w/ the Works T303 package to start w/. He highly recommended the T340, but it's going to be my daily driver [Saratoga to Fremont work commute weekdays] and I think the T303 will be good to start w/.

I'm aiming for the "as close to stock" anti-cop magnet look and sound because the last thing I want is to get pulled over just going to meet friends for coffee or something. I called up Works a few days ago and someone there even suggested that if I wanted I could get the T303 w/ a Stealthworks exhaust. Any recommendations on what I should start w/ 1st?

Excellent choice my friend! Seems like you have a good idea on what set-up to start with especially if you wanna go do the close as stock look plus daily driver. If you feel the need for speed you can upgrade to the T340. But with the T303 you have something good to build later on. Like everyone in here preaches to all the newbies, 'mod the driver before the car.'

SJCoruja
07-26-2005, 12:25 AM
Welcome aboard! :)

chris
07-26-2005, 02:28 AM
finally you came on haha. sup bro! nice meeting you! let the modding begin. just ask me if you need anything... ill be glad to help.

SouthernCrane
07-26-2005, 07:08 AM
welcome to the forums man. Enjoy your TR303 package 8)

Unowned
07-26-2005, 07:22 AM
Unowned are you the Evo owner that I met Sat. night at that new Tapioca Express? There was a guy w/ a blue Evo just like yours parked just on the other side of my little bro's yellow MR2...

Yup that was me.