PDA

View Full Version : PWN3D by my webdesign teacher

lambtron
02-24-2004, 11:11 PM
"Brian, I have favorites in this class, and you are not even close to being on my list"

He said that after giving me a 0 on our huge assignment, saying I had cheated because my homepage has the same "name idea" as my friend. His homepage reads "Chad's Homepage" mine reads "Brian's Homepage" that is his reason for me cheating. So I recieved a 0, and then he said that quote to me. I hate this class, we're learing basic html, and the counselor at las positas college wouldn't count my highschool computer classes that i took, so I HAD to take this to get into the more advanced stuff. Im getting a bad grade in this class because my teacher doesn't favor me, so I get graded a lot harder, and when he can't find anything wrong with my html code(never anything wrong) he marks me down for not spacing shit out, making it harder for him to read, etc...or accuses me of shit. But yeah, he totally pwn3d me with that statement, however it doesn't change the fact that I hate him.

JanSolo
02-24-2004, 11:23 PM
Is your woman in that class with you? Cuz you could always dump her onto your teacher.

"Dude she is really sane, reasonable, rational and did I mention mature? She is all yours for an A".

I KID!

I will ban myself for that comment, if you wish.

lambtron
02-24-2004, 11:31 PM
LMAO....dude that would suck if she was in the same class as me...hell even if she was in the same town as me...I'd be pretty damn scared. hahahah.

vtluu
02-25-2004, 12:16 AM
That is such BS. :roll: "Home page" is such a generic term these days that I don't think anyone can really claim it as "their" idea. I think your teacher is an a**hole and you should file a complaint with someone higher up the chain of command. :evil:

Back when I started my website/homepage, ten years ago, I named it "Viet-Tam Luu's Home Page". So I guess Chad deserves a 0 as well. In fact I should just sue everybody using the term "home page" because I used it before 99% of the rest of the world.

I also claim (quite possibly):
- To be the first person to have created a background texture/image for their web page by scanning a de-crumpled piece of paper.
- To be the first person to have created a home page for their dog.

Ah, those were the days... NCSA Mosaic... No image format other than GIF... 28.8kbps dial-up access (if you were lucky). Waitaminute, what am I talking about? Those days sucked! :lol:

(For a couple years my claim to fame was being the owner of the "Why Windows 95 Sucks" web site. It got mentioned in Wired and some PC magazine.)

chris
02-25-2004, 02:15 AM
that really sucks man :x

SouthernCrane
02-25-2004, 08:41 AM
I feel for you man :cry:
Hope you get to move on without having to take that class again, or take it with someone else teaching.

torrentprime
02-25-2004, 02:08 PM
Not quite the same thing, but once I was in a Dreamweaver class, and the teacher refused to accept the fact that I could do the class using my Mac and a Mac copy of DW. I told her it would work, I showed her how the files would be transparent, and since she only graded by viewing on the Web what we had uploaded to our server, she wouldn't know anyway! The final HTML was what mattered, and its source, viewed from the web. "It's not compatible" I said, "Its HTML; what do you mean?"
"But you need to use DW." I said, "I am."
"Well--well--it might change something"
I was like, Gee, could you vague that up for me a little?
(Bonus points if you get the reference)
Teachers...

coolguy949
02-25-2004, 02:27 PM
You should have called your webpage "Untitled"

Hehehehehehehe! Try doing a search on google for Untitled and you'll see what I mean.

Next time just ask me to make the page for you. I design dozens and dozens of web sites per year. I can come up with a simple HTML page in my sleep and get you the highest grade in the class.

lambtron
02-25-2004, 05:17 PM
unfortunately it doesn't work that way, thanks for the offer tho! haha, we have to make our small lil sites based off what the book says...everyones should look exactly the same with the exception of your mainpage(directory) and the lab we had about 3 weeks ago(one i did copy because i didn't know it was supposed to be unique, i missed that particular class so i copied my buddies) Its so lame, I THOUGHT this class would at least be something more advanced where I'd get a basic idea and then I'd have to make a page based off that. I hate this basic html class with a passion. But I HAVE to take it so I can get to the class I originally wanted. Right now the rest of the class is learning tables....o0o0o0o0o how lame. The class sucks to begin with because its dumb and easy, and its worse with this teacher. If only they would have counted my highschool classes...bastards lol