PDA

View Full Version : JDM evo6.5 TME diamond star

bdking57
07-26-2005, 06:37 PM
Im just test fitting my new badge... it also put it on the mesh screen.. it would look sweet as a floating emblem! This is a cool piece for $20.. its not just a chrome diamond with a sticker over it.. its a full two piece emblem. What do you think.. put it here?

http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album178/badge2.sized.jpg

http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album178/badge1.sized.jpg

L84AD8
07-26-2005, 06:40 PM
The emblem sure does match your car. I think its the only time where the red one would match on any evo. It looks sharp on yours! 8)

bdking57
07-26-2005, 06:43 PM
yeah.. i didnt think it was gonna match, but its actually a perfect match. If they made it super rally red the it would stand out and fade weird... when its on the car it looks to be a perfect match. It just thought id take a chance and pick it up.. liking how it looks so far :D

The badge was only on the TME.. which was only in rally red, so yeah i dont know how good it would look on other colors.

vtluu
07-26-2005, 07:10 PM
http://www.kempys.co.nz/decals.htm lists the part number as MR108682; it seems to suggest all Evo 5/6s have the same diamond trunk badge though. Is that what you got?

I have a friend in Japan who might be able to get these...

bdking57
07-26-2005, 07:24 PM
according to lancer shop these took half a year to come in.. they have plenty in stock for a decent price if anybody wants one

toasty
08-23-2005, 11:43 AM
It would be funny if the Diamond star spins while driving like these spiners.

wilson1
08-23-2005, 11:08 PM
looks good!

Matz
08-24-2005, 05:40 AM
Looks great! My only comment about the floating idea is that someone is guaranteed to walk by and pry off the emblem. :x

SouthernCrane
08-24-2005, 07:43 AM
Looks great! My only comment about the floating idea is that someone is guaranteed to walk by and pry off the emblem. :x

no doubt about that.....bastards :evil:

Matz
08-24-2005, 08:25 AM
slightly off topic, but I saw that you can get the 6.5 Lancer turbo from lancershop.com. It sounds similar to the White Rabbit in that the wheel and shaft are lighter, and it has the 10.5 hotside. Can someone elaborate on this?

Unowned
08-24-2005, 08:58 AM
Those came on my Eclipse, i should see if they are the same size as the rear ones then i can sell it since it's been unused, anyone want?

vtluu
08-24-2005, 09:34 AM
slightly off topic, but I saw that you can get the 6.5 Lancer turbo from lancershop.com. It sounds similar to the White Rabbit in that the wheel and shaft are lighter, and it has the 10.5 hotside. Can someone elaborate on this?
Why would Forced Performance have gone through the trouble of engineering the White Wabbit if the TME 6.5 turbo--which they already had--were just as good?

Matz
08-24-2005, 10:30 AM
Why would Forced Performance have gone through the trouble of engineering the White Wabbit if the TME 6.5 turbo--which they already had--were just as good?

Well, you answered my question with another question. I figured that the WR must better, but I was hoping that someone could expand upon the differences between the two units. After all, they sound similar. Maybe it's the wheel design itself that makes the difference?

bdking57
08-25-2005, 07:27 AM
If actually compared them side by side with the eclipse badge your talking about.. its not the same thing.. the edges are rounded on the red part for one.. besides this ones jaydeemmm yo :P

Those came on my Eclipse, i should see if they are the same size as the rear ones then i can sell it since it's been unused, anyone want?

TogueMonster
08-25-2005, 07:32 AM
I'd rock the red badges too. I dont know what Mitsu was thinking. Chrome altezzas and chrome badging??? Were not all "Ricers" ya know. :?