PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Corvettes again

JanSolo
08-04-2005, 10:02 PM
A friend and I went to Courtesy Chevrolet tonight to check out their stock of cars. While we there, we noticed two younger guys with their dad taking turns driving a used C6 - the very same one I had an unusual experience in. So we approached the guys and asked them if they were going to buy the used C6 they were test driving. The dad replied with a resounding no and in fact, it turns out that his two twin boys just turned 21 and they were both getting brand new white Vettes for their 21st birthday. They already own Ducati race bikes and get tickets on them semi regularly for doing such creative things as popping wheelies on the freeway in traffic, and using the power of rational though, they blamed it on the cops and are angry at them for issuing the tickets. :?

Back on topic. The dad told me he was preparing to pay 52k each for his sons new Corvettes. Doing the math, well that is a cool 104k before taxes.

Oh right.. I had a point here somewhere. OH! Yes, I was hoping to be adopted by Wilson so I can get a new Corvette for my next birthday. Are you adopting, Wilson? Please say "oui".

wilson1
08-04-2005, 10:41 PM
:lol:

vtluu
08-05-2005, 01:04 AM
Back on topic. The dad told me he was preparing to pay 52k each for his sons new Corvettes. Doing the math, well that is a cool 104k before taxes.
Rich and stupid is a good candidate for Darwinism. Oh well, more spare parts (car and human) for the rest of us...

SouthernCrane
08-05-2005, 09:25 AM
Oh right.. I had a point here somewhere. OH! Yes, I was hoping to be adopted by Wilson so I can get a new Corvette for my next birthday. Are you adopting, Wilson? Please say "oui".

Me first man, that way i can hang out with "dad" at work and talk to the dental assistants :D

08-05-2005, 09:52 AM
omg y u guys cut the line for? I been on the lien for long long time. i was first too. shti let see who get to hsi office faster. u or me? :P

twEeker
08-05-2005, 10:26 AM
Wilson, all you have to do is send 37k a month to this guy with a nearly stock evo. In return, I will send you a picture, and a pamphlet, letting you know your money is going to good use. Why wait? call now.

08-05-2005, 12:04 PM
and his name is tonee aka 009. i think your office got his address and phone number. pls call now

MitsubishZ
08-15-2005, 12:28 AM
i dunno, its quite possible that he's full of shit.

Matz
08-15-2005, 05:28 AM

Sorry, way off topic, but I love the comic strip in your sig. No, I've never done that.

Oh, maybe to stay on topic, hey, I want to be adopted, too. :)

JanSolo
08-15-2005, 08:39 AM

That idea ran through my head as well, but when he started talking to the salesman about getting the cars, it seemed he was legit. Could have all been a show, though i am not sure why he would do it.

Whooopasss
08-15-2005, 09:16 AM
Well, if you have money, why not.. besides, they will be safer in a car than a bike.

nebolic
08-15-2005, 09:49 AM
all I can say is Wow, just WOW!

I hope Darwin works his magic with these twin boys.

P.S Yamaha R1 blows away Ducati's in my opinion. If these boys know what they are doing, they'd be riding R1's and not ducs. Looks like they want the bling and not the real deal.