PDA

View Full Version : Remote not working and open-door car chime after tt install

Sol-leks
08-08-2005, 10:30 AM
Hi gang. I posted this help request at evolutionm.net in response to another person's similar problems. I finished my Greddy turbo timer install yesterday, but when I put the steering column cover back together (lower half), I accidentally popped open a white plastic housing that sits behind the ignition (where the key goes in). Now the car chimes when the door's open, even if the key's not in the ignition. Also, the remote no longer works. The pic I posted on evolutionm.net that shows the components that fell out (minus the screws)is:

http://imagenode.com/9i

Anybody come across this problem (ie: had the same accident I had) and found a fix for it? I haven't figured out how to put the components back in and have them stay (I can press the plastic spring-loaded platform, ie: the "T" looking thing in the pic, and have the chiming stop.) Note that the plastic housing that held all this stuff (minus the screws) seems a bit cracked now.

Thanks.

Sam

zyounker
08-08-2005, 10:38 AM
if it is cracked you will probably need a new one.. That peice is the one that senses the key in the ignition which is why you now here the chime.. it also is the reason why the remote no longer works..

Replace it and it should fix your issue.

Unowned
08-08-2005, 11:12 AM
Lol mine does the same thing too :) i actually just live with it since i'm too lazy to get the part

Sol-leks
08-08-2005, 11:23 AM
Anyone know what the thing is called and how much it costs?
Access (to remove) seems a bit limited too. There appears to be some screws (maybe I'm wrong) with the ends on the engine side.

Thanks.

Sam

onesicklambo
08-09-2005, 11:51 AM
same thing happend to me.. its 2 peices and held together by a clip. mine broke off...so i had to look around forever and find two little springs. i assembled it back together, and used a ziptie to hold it all...works like new now

Sol-leks
08-09-2005, 01:19 PM
I don't suppose you have a pic of your fix or could draw me a diagram? :)

Sam