PDA

View Full Version : Thunderhill Aug. 14 & 15

Richard EVO
08-09-2005, 01:56 PM
Is anyone going to the TracQuest event next Sun. and Mon. (8/14 - 15)? They have lots of space available.

I know this group is expensive, but I understand they put on great events where you get lots of track time, and gourmet food. 3 run groups, and lots of expensive sports cars.

I'm doing this instead of Big Willow with SpeedVentures this weekend, even though Willow Springs would cost 1/3 as much and be a 160 mile roundtrip from home, while T-hill is nearly a 1,000 mile round trip for me.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/richard350z/Thunderhill.jpg

crctslt
08-11-2005, 10:07 PM
Too soon for me after the last time with GGLC. Have too much work too do on the car (and the driver) anyways....

vtluu
08-12-2005, 12:04 AM
Busy track day week for THill. I'll be there on the 18th with NASA. My housemate will be there on the 19th with Unlimited Laps and on the 20th with BMW GGC. I guess we should be thankful we live in an area where track time is so abundant and relatively affordable. I hear back east, track days are packed.

Richard EVO
08-12-2005, 10:31 AM
If any of you guys can take off Monday Aug. 15, Tracquest only has 30 cars signed up, and you will get unlimited track time. Sunday is more crowded.

Hope I'm not the only EVO there, but I am trying out my "white bunny" turbo for the first time, and it should be a blast. I'm estimating 425 crank hp. :D

Richard EVO
08-19-2005, 10:25 AM
Way cool event with TracQuest. About 60 cars there on Sun. with three run groups and 1/2 hour sessions. In the afternoon, they go to a "multi-run-group" format. They still alternate advanced, intermediate and begginer sessions, but any driver can move up or down one group. That means that advanced and beginner drivers can also run with intermediate group, and the intermediate drivers can run in any group. You still must follow the passing rules of the group you are driving in, which are (a) beginner = pass in straights with a mandatory point by; (b) intermediate = pass anywhere on track, but in corners only with a mandatory point by; (c) advanced = pass anywhere on track, point by preferred but not required. Instruction available for everyone.

On Mon. there were only 30 cars, so the multi-run-session was in place all day, and track time was unlimited.
:D
TracQuest puts on quite a spread. There is a contental breakfast; catered lunch like pork ribs, salmon, fancy potatoes, vegetables, salad and dessert (everything was good except the roast beef on Sun. which was tough). They provide drinking water and soda. All day. There is an optional "banquet" on Sun. night where you could order anything you want from a nice restaurant menu.

All of this does not come without a high cost. $600 for both days (including food) plus $45 for the optional banquet. Ouch.

Todd, the organizer of the event, took my EVO out and ran consisent 2:10s (faster than me, that's for sure). :lol:

smack
08-19-2005, 11:26 AM
^^^^ did he let you run his gt2 since you let him run the evo? :lol:

Richard EVO
08-19-2005, 11:30 AM
Acutally, at one point he said he would let be drive the GT2 for a couple of laps, but I didn't take him up on it and he never mentioned it again (maybe he was drunk -- lol).

But here's a bulletin. Todd said his GT2 is for sale, and he is probably going to get an EVO. He needs a track car with a back seat for his kids when he drives it on the street. 8)

smack
08-19-2005, 12:04 PM
weird that he wouldn't just buy an evo as well since it's chump change compared to the price
tag on the gt2.

Richard EVO
08-19-2005, 12:51 PM
He leased the GT2 and is sorry because the payment is so high and it has no back seat. That's all I know.