PDA

View Full Version : Another new EVO driver in San jose! haha

Sh1n0san
08-20-2005, 08:57 AM
Hi everyone, ive been checking out NorcalEvo for a while now since i got my Evo about a month ago and man it's always been positive here. I love how theres no bashing on other members or harsh citicism. :D

Anyways, ive loved my evo since i got it ( san raphael mitsubishi rocks! ) and it's a big jump from my old scooby. I'll probobly be a really active member here from now on and hope to meet all the other evo's in the nor cal area.

What do you guys think my first upgrades should be? I acually saved 700$ and im still debating on what i should get. I'd appreciate the advise!

missred
08-20-2005, 09:02 AM
Inhale, exhale,inhale,exhale..... exhaust system frees up some ponies. Welcome by the way :wave:

SouthernCrane
08-20-2005, 09:36 AM
hey man, welcome to the forums. 8)

exhaust is always a nice first upgrade, but you might want to check out our exhaust recording section with all the crackdown on import talk lately, if that sort of thing worries you.

GReddy_917
08-20-2005, 11:22 AM
Welcome to the forums!

Its a great group we have here, so enjoy!

Also a warning about our Admin, believe nothing he tells you...he is an evil man and cannot be trusted....moving right along....

Option #1: If you fear "the man" and all his laws leave your evo stock and just do suspension work. Sell your HK$ intake + BOV. Buy a panel filter.

Option #2: Sell your HK$ intake and BOV, use the money (+$700) to get an exhaust and P2R. I pulled 254@wheels with just a cat back and p2.

Option #3: Sell your HK$ intake and BOV, Get a cat-back and a GFB.

Option #4: Sell your HK$ intake and BOV, Get a P2 and some lowering springs (WORKS, Tein, Eibach, RSR, Etc...)

lol...seems to be a trend going on here...Stock intake is good for up to 500 hp and will give you a lot less issues than the HK$, not to mention keeping "the man" off your back if you ever get your hood popped. Go for the panel filter and be done with it.

Welcome again, and good luck with your Evo! Nice choice on color too!

evolyphics8
08-20-2005, 12:57 PM
Welcome to the forums man! Exhast is definitely the way to go for your 1st upgrade.

MitsuMan
08-20-2005, 02:19 PM
keep saving your money and go exhaust cams and tune then you'll be set
but get ready for those tires to wear out and your brakes I did 6k on tire and 20k on brake front and rear
oh and check out Vishnu Tuning remember you get what you pay for
no offence p2 guys

wilson1
08-20-2005, 04:35 PM
Welcome!

Since you have an 05, you already are putting down what the 03,04's with exhaust and more . I would definitely just wait before modding as all the crackdown on imports at least centers on our exhaust, why all the hassle with the MAN.
Enjoy it stock for another few months, come to our meets, and see what people have before committing. :D

mtsevovii
08-20-2005, 05:09 PM
Welcome!

Since you have an 05, you already are putting down what the 03,04's with exhaust and more . I would definitely just wait before modding as all the crackdown on imports at least centers on our exhaust, why all the hassle with the MAN.
Enjoy it stock for another few months, come to our meets, and see what people have before committing. :D

i believe he has an 03 WW Evo 8. anyways yes welcome, your car has started off like mine, although i did rims and wheels first, then the HKS mods + others. but its different now with all the crack down. kinda glad my car isnt here, but then again it would be a track car(not street legal). enjoy your ride! 8)

Boostd4
08-20-2005, 07:33 PM
Welcome. As the others have mentioned...the HKS needs to go...same with the BOV...both can cause issues with drivability (and IMHO are completely unnecessary) not to mention Johnny Law.

With regards to other engine related mods...cams, gears, and a good TBE are essential. You'll get varying opinions about which tune is best. Do your research and pick which one best suits your needs. The main tunes that you will run into on this board are the Works and Vishnu tunes. I personally have the Vishnu tune and couldn't be happier. But based on the dyno results I've personally seen as well as my own...I was sold on Vishnu. As Mitsuman said, no offence Works guys...just my personal preference.

Matz
08-20-2005, 08:25 PM
Hey man, welcome to NCE. My first upgrade was the WORKS P2 flash, but I also love their ABM which is a really sweet looking (and quiet) exhaust.

wilson1
08-20-2005, 08:26 PM
Welcome!

i believe he has an 03 WW Evo 8. anyways yes welcome, your car has started off like mine, although i did rims and wheels first, then the HKS mods + others. but its different now with all the crack down. kinda glad my car isnt here, but then again it would be a track car(not street legal). enjoy your ride! 8)

Oh yeah, didn't noticed his is an 03

In any case, come to our next meet before spending your money! :D

vtluu
08-20-2005, 08:56 PM
See my sig. :lol:

Welcome! :)

Cameron@xperformance
08-20-2005, 09:02 PM
welcome!

Tam- "Mod the driver before the car" +1 :D

wilson1
08-20-2005, 09:05 PM
welcome!

Tam- "Mod the driver before the car" +1 :D

:lol:

toasty
08-23-2005, 10:22 AM
Chip the driver, that is how you mod the driver :lol:
Congrats on the new purchase. :wave:

JanSolo
08-23-2005, 10:28 AM
Also a warning about our Admin, believe nothing he tells you...he is an evil man and cannot be trusted.

Yes and Peter is both smart and good looking.

EvoRS_Mitch
08-23-2005, 12:07 PM
WELCOME to NCE! :D

2005evorocket
08-23-2005, 05:16 PM
I think cat back to scare all haters out there.

lancerboy
08-24-2005, 01:55 PM
welcome!

Tam- "Mod the driver before the car" +1 :D+2. btw, welcome to the boards!