PDA

View Full Version : 2 Days @ Thunderhill in November!

Bonster
08-21-2005, 10:57 AM
T.E.A.M. Racing is putting on another spectacular event this November 25th and 26th at Thunderhill Raceway Park in Willows, California. Participants are treated to morning coffee service, GatorAde, bottled water, snacks, catered lunches, instruction, downloads (novice and intermediate groups), and at least TWO HOURS (six 20-minute sessions followed by open track time) of track time!!! :lol:

Cost is $190 for one day, $350 for both days. Details are at http://www.team-racing.org or email us at [email protected] After reading more about the Evo 8 in this past edition of Grassroots Motorsports, I'm really excited to see a few more Evos show up! And those of you with Evos and such that HAVE been to past T.E.A.M. Racing events . . . please post your thoughts here so that we can encourage more Evos to sign up this time.

See you in November??? 8)

Dr. Evo
08-21-2005, 12:13 PM
Sounds like fun. Will there be any timing equipment?

Bonster
08-21-2005, 12:21 PM
Sounds like fun. Will there be any timing equipment?

***We cannot technically provide it, or it would be classified as a competition event (which translates to a lot more money). Howver, if anyone brings a transmitter, we can certainly mount it trackside. That's what we normally do. As the event draws nearer, someone usually asks if they can bring one. So most likely, there will be a transmitter there.

BW

Dr. Evo
08-21-2005, 01:35 PM
So then we would provide our own transpoder? Either way, I am going to try to make it.

Bonster
08-21-2005, 01:45 PM
So then we would provide our own transpoder? Either way, I am going to try to make it.

***Yeah . . . we only need one for everyone to run off of. Most folks are using the Long Acre in-car timing system these days. Sometimes it might get confused if you are neck and neck with another driver, but even then it's rare because we all vary the exact position of the receiver inside the cars. Usually we put the transponder up by the start-finish stand, driver's right.

And I'm glad you are going to try and make it! I look forward to the huge grin on your face. :lol:

Richard EVO
08-21-2005, 02:03 PM
I would like to attend this event. However, the possibility of rain at T-hill in late November leads me to wait until the last minute to register. While it might fill up before I sign up, that's a risk I'm willing to take.

I always carry Hot Lap timing equipment from Longacre. I set up a transmitter on a tripod on the front straight, and everyone with a Hot Lap receiver can use my transmitter (more than one transmitter would screw up the lap timing). If you want to save money, you could just buy the receiver and display, and not the transmitter. But then you have to depend on someone else bringing a transmitter to every event you attend.

vtluu
08-22-2005, 12:23 AM
Oh no, rain, I don't know how you could possibly deal with that, given that you're driving an AWD car with LSDs all around and EBD-ABS. :nana:

I'd like to be able to make the 26th. Since I'm "borrowing" a boatload of vacation time for my Italy trip in October I won't be able to take any weekdays off for the foreseeable future.

Bonster
08-22-2005, 12:46 AM
Oh no, rain, I don't know how you could possibly deal with that, given that you're driving an AWD car with LSDs all around and EBD-ABS. :nana:

I'd like to be able to make the 26th. Since I'm "borrowing" a boatload of vacation time for my Italy trip in October I won't be able to take any weekdays off for the foreseeable future.

***You are SO BAD, Tam. Lol. Actually, any car can survive rain just fine on the track. It's just a matter of slowing it down a bit and extending your braking zones -- kind of like you should be doing on your way to work.

I absolutely envy you for your trip to Italy -- it's on my lifetime agenda of places to visit. And you can certainly enter for just Saturday, hence why we have one and two-day pricings available.

Richard Evo . . . prices go up on November 3rd considerably . . . don't worry about rain! I will personally coach you if you are concerned . . . and I've LOTS of experience (did the 25-hour enduro back in 2003 in mostly rain -- ARGH -- so yeah, me gots some rain experience, blah). It's not as fast, but every bit as fun.

BW

Bonster
08-22-2005, 12:49 AM
PS -- holy CRAP! That's a cool lift pic (Richard Evo)! Was that on a skid pad??? Or maybe WSIR? Nice pic!

BW

Richard EVO
08-22-2005, 06:22 AM
It's not my 3-wheel EVO, it's just a pic I got from WavMixer at SoCalEvo. My car does the same think on the Streets of Willow skidpad turn, except a pic of my car would be white.

Bonster
09-07-2005, 05:26 PM
It's not my 3-wheel EVO, it's just a pic I got from WavMixer at SoCalEvo. My car does the same think on the Streets of Willow skidpad turn, except a pic of my car would be white.

***Lol . . . almost looks like a FWD the way it gets up so high like that <praying that memory serves correct the Evos are AWDs . . .lol>! I couldn't even kick out my SM that much (see avatar pic) when it still had an open diff! Coolness. I do have one pic from years ago at an autocross -- I forgot to adjust my left rear shock (I had KYB AGX 8-ways at the time) . . . so three were stiff, one was not. I had my right rear tire clear up in the air -- in a Miata. That was wild looking!

Anyway . . . I sure hope to meet you one of these days, Richard. You seem like a decent dude to play with at the track. :D

BW

earlyapex
09-07-2005, 05:32 PM
I'll try to make this as well. Bonnie, I'd be open to instructing again as well.

Bonnie puts on great events, everyone should come out. :)

Bonster
09-07-2005, 05:46 PM
Bonnie puts on great events, everyone should come out. :)

***I hope that you can come out, and yes -- we would be HONORED by your help again. And yes, you will be getting special instructor discounts in the future . . . it's just that we had to put you to the test first. :)

And thanks a billion for the kudos. I cannot begin to tell you how much that means to me all the way down to my heart. Now move aside -- I need to show you some tail lights. <sniff> ;)

BW

Evo442
09-07-2005, 07:41 PM
Anyone planning on attending this one? Fits well with my schedule... I might have to sign up!

vtluu
09-07-2005, 09:54 PM
Definitely interested in the Saturday... um... day.

Bonster
09-25-2005, 10:39 AM
signups sure are going slow on track events these days . . . I'm worried that it's going to take off like lightening and that we'll close before some of you get a chance to sign up. There's only one way to prevent that, ya know. ;) Oh -- don't forget about the Reno-Fernley event . . . it's being held in honor of this very newslist. I had about 30 interested folks, but only a few signups, and it's right around the corner. ACK! Help! :shock:

BW

hagakure
09-25-2005, 05:12 PM
Hey Guys,

All you foks that are wanting to do Reno-Fernley, send in your $$ for Reg so we can make this happen. Bonnie, I'll try and shake the weeds a bit more this next few weeks as well. It's a great track, and there is also the possibility we will get to runt he 4 mile version, as paving will be done by 9/25 (today), and the website states that they will start to run it on a "limited basis" while berms, corner stations, etc, are going in. that means almost a moth for them to work on this stuff prior to our date. It would be cool to be one of the first groups to run in the new configuration!:)

Comon guys!

Percy

earlyapex
09-25-2005, 05:29 PM
I'm working on it... 8)

Going to be a bit more for me this time around.

Need new pads, 2nd set of wheels...

vtluu
09-25-2005, 07:35 PM
I'm signed up and paid up for Reno. I'll probably sign up for THill 11/26 but I want to see how the RFR event goes first.

Bonster
09-25-2005, 09:13 PM
New pads? Check out our sponsor . . . www.adrenalineracing.com . . . chances are, Eddie can make you a decent deal. Dunno what advice to give on Evo wheels . . . ya might wanna check the forum on that stuff.

I really hope to see you all very soon . . . and often!

BW

Evo442
09-30-2005, 06:25 AM
Hey Bonster - does TEAM racing allow passengers at their events?

Bonster
09-30-2005, 09:41 AM
Hey Bonster - does TEAM racing allow passengers at their events?

***Yes . . . with only a few exceptions . . . if you are a first-time driver, we set you up with an instructor -- that will be your "passenger" until he or she is confident that you are ready to "fly solo." We have really good instructors, though, so most all of our novice drivers are "set free" by the end of the day.

We also like to reserve the very first session for all groups to be without passengers -- this is a chance for you to warm up and check out the car, yourself, and the track conditions. The only exception, of course, is if you have an instructor.

The only other restriction is if you go flyin' off the track with a passenger . . . we then take away the passenger privelege (and most groups seem to be doing this now -- are they copying us? Lol). One passenger per car, please -- or the corner workers will scream at you! :P Seriously, they go nuts about that. It is kinda fun to see the veins popping out of their foreheads, though. Lol. Just kidding, of course.

Anyway, do keep in mind that every one of the above restrictions are put in place to maintain a very high regard for safety. Track driving is an absolute blast that will be in your memory forever -- we don't want that to be a bad thing. ;)

Any questions? Just let me know . . . that's what I'm here for. :)

BW

gOt BoOsT
09-30-2005, 09:58 AM
i'll be @ t-hill for sure,gonna try to make reno event, but cash is LOW(probably can't afford race gas)or pump gas either :wink:

gOt BoOsT
09-30-2005, 10:01 AM
will the t-hill event be ran the normal way(counter-clockwise)??

dohcvtec
09-30-2005, 10:24 AM
i'll be @ t-hill for sure,gonna try to make reno event, but cash is LOW(probably can't afford race gas)or pump gas either :wink:
Come to Reno also you little bastard. :) I'll most likely be signing up for that today.

gOt BoOsT
09-30-2005, 10:27 AM
uh... if i drift behind you the whole time maybe i'll make it :wink:

Bonster
09-30-2005, 11:44 AM

***Yup, counter-clockwise, no chicanes, running over the top of turn five, full course (15 turns) configuration. See you there!

DOHCVTEC -- got your payment! See you in a few weeks! Be careful of drifting . . . the rocks are big off track. Lol. ;)

BW

dohcvtec
09-30-2005, 12:11 PM

***Yup, counter-clockwise, no chicanes, running over the top of turn five, full course (15 turns) configuration. See you there!

DOHCVTEC -- got your payment! See you in a few weeks! Be careful of drifting . . . the rocks are big off track. Lol. ;)

BW
Haha, I think he meant drafting me on the way there to save gas. I can't drift a FWD Honda very well anyways.. at least not on purpose! :P

Bonster
09-30-2005, 12:54 PM
Haha, I think he meant drafting me on the way there to save gas. I can't drift a FWD Honda very well anyways.. at least not on purpose! :P

***Well, that makes more sense, lol. Speaking of drifting . . . we should have the skid pad open for a couple hours each morning (there is a group that rents it every weekend, but we can sneak out to it, says the track manager, if we do it early on). I highly recommend trying out the skid pad for a few minutes -- it really shows you what your car feels like when it's on the edge! Spinning out is optional on the skid pad . . . lol. Anyway, I will do my best to put on a class each morning out there for your driving and viewing pleasure. The speeds are slow enough such that you shouldn't hurt your tires or anything. :) If you're lucky, I'll show you how to do a reverse and forward 180 -- though, I'm rusty. Could get interesting.

BW