PDA

View Full Version : WORKS TKS Brake & Clutch lines

lqdchkn
08-25-2005, 07:15 PM
I've had these babies for about 4months now an have been procrastinating installing them the whole time. Finally broke down and had WORKS install them for me yesterday and wow :shock: me likey. I wish i had done this sooner. Thanks guys.

Matz
08-25-2005, 09:34 PM
Yeah the TKS brake lines are totally great on the track. I had a full day at infineon and the brakes didn't get mushy at all! I'm going to get the clutch line installed when I have WORKS install a new clutch.

vtluu
08-26-2005, 12:23 AM
I had a full day at infineon and the brakes didn't get mushy at all!
Clearly you didn't use them enough. :nana:

Clutch line is pretty easy to put in; it was one of my first mods. The only trick is getting threads started on the part near the firewall. Took me half an hour; took Chris over at WORKS about the same time (and I think it was Pete who finally got it).

MarkSAE
08-26-2005, 04:55 AM
Clutch line is pretty easy to put in; it was one of my first mods. The only trick is getting threads started on the part near the firewall. Took me half an hour; took Chris over at WORKS about the same time (and I think it was Pete who finally got it).

Installing the clutch line is a total PITA if your hands aren't small and dexterous enough to get the threads started on the eye-bolt. That being said, I got the threads started on my 2nd try (<5 min). It was my 2nd time installing it though. And luck was on my side. ;)

Matz
08-26-2005, 05:28 AM
Clearly you didn't use them enough. :nana:

Smart ass!!! :lol: But I was referring to my class with RR... at the track day when I crashed, I didn't even get past the first session (20 minutes). :oops: