PDA

View Full Version : More Danica Patrick Analysis

hagakure
08-29-2005, 11:39 AM
The Danica Patrick hype took a big hit this past weekend at infineon. She was WAY off the pace in qualifying, coming in 16th out of 20, which brings into question her prowess on a road course. She was four seconds off the pace of P1, who incidentally is a rookie as well.

She should have gone NASCAR. That way she would ALWAYS be on ovals, play to her abilties, and truly be part of an american hoedown of a media circus. She should milk it while she can, because if she does not win something next year her 15 minutes of fame will be completely exhausted. I personally am tired of hearing about her. I'm with Dan Wheldon when he said that if she does not win soon, all the hype and attentionthat has been placed on her could actually HURT the IRL, becuase they have not used the attention to bring some of the focus on some other (winning) drivers a s well. My flame suit is ON:)

vtluu
08-29-2005, 11:43 AM
Katherine Legge, on the other hand... :thumbsup:

Question is, will that chauvenist pig Bernie Ecclestone ever allow a woman in F1?

Whooopasss
08-29-2005, 11:44 AM
Show me her bubbies and we'll talk..

vtluu
08-29-2005, 11:47 AM
Do you want to see Michael Schumacher's wang too? :roll:

hagakure
08-29-2005, 11:49 AM
Katherine Legge, on the other hand... :thumbsup:

Question is, will that chauvenist pig Max Mosely ever allow a woman in F1?

right on about KL.

The first and only woman to win a major open wheel race in north america..and she has done it TWICE this year. mosely is an ass. They need to give her a shot. Hell, I'd take KL over Villeneauve at this point!:)

vtluu
08-29-2005, 11:50 AM
(Edit: it was actually Ecclestone who said, "Women should be all dressed in white like all other domestic appliances." But yeah, Mosely is an ass too.)

RT
08-29-2005, 12:19 PM
From what I’ve seen Katherine is a much better driver than Danica and no she (Danica) should never have gone to NASCAR. Reason being NASCAR is a contact sport and in a very short time she would be nothing more than a field filler and eventually out of the sport as a non-productive driver.

I think its mostly been IRL hype in an effort to save a dieing series.

Whooopasss
08-29-2005, 03:15 PM
Do you want to see Michael Schumacher's wang too? :roll:

Nope. not into that. why? Have you seen it tam???

vtluu
08-29-2005, 03:24 PM
Oh I wish! :homer:

olisim
08-29-2005, 04:52 PM
Greetings Everyone…

Figured I would provide my 2 cents to this discussion.

Danica Patrick from what I have seen seems to be a fairly shy person, that I don’t believe really wants to be in the spotlight. Now, open wheel racing needs all the help that it can get, and having a beautiful and talented woman in the mix is good for the sport. She has shown (in many races) that she is learning, and has no problems going back in the pack until she becomes comfortable. She is a racer at heart, and I hope some of you watched the hour special on her road to Indy before the Infineon race. She kicked butt in karts and she has talent, since Bobby Rahal really doesn’t need the publicity and a chance to look like a fool (since his foray into the Jaguar Formula 1 team). He sees something in her that will provide a boost to the IRL. She did very well on the Rahal team in the support races last year and she has shown talent. Granted, her showing at Infineon was deplorable, but the accident was in no way (from the replays that I saw) her fault. She might have been in the wrong place at the wrong time, but she did not deserve to get punted the way she did. It was a rookie move on the faster driver.

I am not a supporter of the IRL, but I have watched a few races because of her. She has shown some brilliance, and she will do well in her career. Remember, she is still leading the rookie standings, which is not a small accomplishment. This is a learning year for her, which has been mentioned many times. I don’t believe that she is the best in the world in terms of driving talent, but then she really doesn’t need to be. She has shown that she is more talented than a Sarah Fisher (where is she?) and I believe she deserves to be where she is.

Cheers,

OS

PS There has been a woman in F1, which did not show half of the talent that Danica has shown. There will be more in our life time, and I believe that will help F1's success in the future.

olisim
08-29-2005, 04:59 PM
Ha, just remembered this shot...

http://olisim.com/misc/A000003.jpg

OS

vtluu
08-29-2005, 05:05 PM
Ha, just remembered this shot...

http://olisim.com/misc/A000003.jpg
:lol: Brilliant! "Michael, does Bernie touch you in any 'special' places?"