PDA

View Full Version : Raffle idea for meets

SouthernCrane
02-28-2004, 09:10 PM
For the meet we had today, JanSolo put up his own money for parts for the raffle. Just wanted to see if you guys would be willing to put some money into a pool to purchase one bigger prize next time.

vtluu
02-28-2004, 09:28 PM
That's a good idea. My suggestion would be something like "first ticket free, extra ticket for each $5 you chip in" or something like that. :idea:

JanSolo
02-28-2004, 09:38 PM
I voted no, because the money I have really belongs to my wife. ;)

vtluu
02-28-2004, 09:47 PM
I voted no, because the money I have really belongs to my wife. ;)
Ah, we see who wears the pants in this marriage! :lol:

Since it's her money, I think Mrs. Solo should vote, not you. :P

jbigelow
02-28-2004, 10:13 PM
I'm a true advocate for puttin' in money for the raffle.

this was my first meet and damn, i won a perrin antenna and a p2 works flash for the evo!!!!!!!!!

i'll chip in for the next raffle!!!!! :)

BluEvo
02-28-2004, 10:16 PM
i think that buying into the raffle is a good idea. maybe $2-$5 is a sufficient amount. i mean we are all part of the club. no one person should have to contribute funds to our (group) activities. activities often times need to be funded anyways to make it fair for those who put time and effort for doing them.

Dogtown
02-28-2004, 10:43 PM
i think that buying into the raffle is a good idea. maybe $2-$5 is a sufficient amount. i mean we are all part of the club. no one person should have to contribute funds to our (group) activities. activities often times need to be funded anyways to make it fair for those who put time and effort for doing them.

True that, and I mean come on 2 dollars a person is nothing I spend that on tolls everyday no big deal. I walked away with an antenna, and to be honest I thought the tickets were gonna be a couple dollars so that was double bonus.

JanSolo
02-28-2004, 10:58 PM
Personally, I would prefer that the vendors, shops, etc., do all the donations. You guys should save your money and support the shops that are nice enough to donate the parts. Basically, GB Motorsports / MPJ Peformance and WorksRally - the guys that made sure this event was extra cool. All your thanks should go to them for giving away something that they could have sold for profit instead.

warpspeed
02-28-2004, 10:58 PM
I with it. Doesn't seem fair if one of a few people keeps putting in money for our meet while others are getting a "free ride"

Jbig you lucky guy don't forget the antenna gives you 4hp at the wheels.

blitzkrgCT9A
03-11-2004, 08:54 PM
I plan on donating some Helix test pipes and Helix Titanium test pipes at the next meet.

brwnrice
03-11-2004, 09:44 PM
I plan on donating some Helix test pipes and Helix Titanium test pipes at the next meet.
:buds:

does that mean you got the dp's and test pipes in already cal?

SouthernCrane
03-11-2004, 09:48 PM

Thanks Cal 8)