PDA

View Full Version : roll Call for GGLC event 9/13

hagakure
08-30-2005, 09:56 AM
Hey Guys,

Who is pretty much committed to this event?
I'll start the list:

1. Percy

methods4
08-30-2005, 11:57 AM
1. Percy
2. Meffids4

Evo442
08-30-2005, 07:55 PM
I've paid and registered.

crctslt
08-30-2005, 09:33 PM
1. Percy
2. Meffids4
3. Evo442
4. Duece

earlyapex
08-30-2005, 11:11 PM
:(

crctslt
08-30-2005, 11:22 PM
It won't be the same w/o you rapex. No work and no play makes Bryan a dull boy. Can't you like hax Wells Fargo or somethin?

thomas
09-01-2005, 07:27 PM
1. Percy
2. Meffids4
3. Evo442
4. Duece
5. tommy

methods4
09-02-2005, 10:13 AM
Sweet. Where's my sponsor at?! :cry:

Bryan, FYI, You have until Septemeber 5th to get in for cheaper. You know you want to! :shock:

smack
09-02-2005, 10:55 AM
so what are you guys doing?

let me get this straight, you're going to drive your cars on a racetrack? :shock:

that sounds crazy.

i might have to come out there to see what this is all about.

crctslt
09-02-2005, 11:50 PM
I even heard rumors that there might be gambling :shock:

racer1
09-03-2005, 12:04 AM
Was at last gglc event and I'm signed up for this one but I'm having issues with my new clutch so we'll see. :cry:

methods4
09-03-2005, 02:23 AM
so what are you guys doing?

let me get this straight, you're going to drive your cars on a racetrack? :shock:

that sounds crazy.

i might have to come out there to see what this is all about.

Stop sandbagging!

I'm all.........out.

earlyapex
09-05-2005, 03:33 PM
Guys,

I'm going to have to skip this one. :(

I am in-between jobs so, while I can afford this event, I have to be careful about my finances for right now.

I will for sure see you all at the Oct GGLC event.

Have fun for me! 8)

smack
09-05-2005, 04:10 PM
hey bryan,
you could alway see if mitsuZ wants to run you there.
slower guy pays for faster guys day :twisted:

methods4
09-08-2005, 04:21 PM
So is anyone up for a friendly game of Hold 'Em the night before?

thomas
09-08-2005, 04:33 PM
i think ima gonna drive in the AM. im really strapped for $$$ rite now and dont think staying in the hotel the nite before is necessary.

although, i would have liked to take all of y'alls money. :D

crctslt
09-08-2005, 09:30 PM
So is anyone up for a friendly game of Hold 'Em the night before?

of course silly 8)

methods4
09-09-2005, 09:47 AM
Kids, just remember this about me:

http://logo.cafepress.com/6/2944796.798646.jpg

smack
09-09-2005, 10:41 AM
i don't think i'm going to be able to make it.
there's some damn work meeting that's manditory.

we'll see if i can get the info earlier then i can skip the stupid thing.

methods4
09-09-2005, 11:40 AM
Can't make it to the trackday at all or just poker? *sniffle*

smack
09-09-2005, 01:56 PM
the meeting is on the 13th. so maybe i just come up for the poker.

i've been adjusting my game and it's working pretty well.

played a tourney on party poker last week. 273 players-came in 8th.
man they chop the $ up pretty steep though. 1st was almost 4k but i only
ended up with $400. still felt good that i made it to the final table and with no rebuys.
like most did.

hagakure
09-12-2005, 10:33 AM
See you guys tommorrow a.m.

Percy

earlyapex
09-12-2005, 11:17 AM
we'll, I changed my mind last second.

I am signed up and payed.

See you all tomorrow beeotchs! :P

earlyapex
09-12-2005, 11:50 AM
Our current fuel prices are: 91=$3.60 / 100=$5.80 / 110=$5.80.

dohcvtec
09-12-2005, 12:01 PM
Wish I could go :(

smack
09-12-2005, 05:04 PM
Wish I could go :(

me too! looks like i'm stuck here at work for some lame meeting.
oh well, have fun and be safe.

leif
09-13-2005, 09:23 AM
Our current fuel prices are: 91=$3.60 / 100=$5.80 / 110=$5.80.

damn it went down. on sautrday the 92 was 4 bux =\

dohcvtec
09-13-2005, 05:58 PM
so, how was it ladies?

Evo442
09-13-2005, 09:12 PM
so, how was it ladies?

Was a great day, sorry more of you couldn't make it to this one. Everyone stayed right side up and went home happy. Might have been the only GGLC event that I've been to with more Lotus's than Evo's! Evo's did pretty well, only cars that were consistently faster were a pair of black Z06 vettes. They were FAST!

Weather was great, blue sky's, reasonable temp, slight breeze.

God, I love GGLC. 235 miles on the track, for $145. I came with a full tank, and four 5 gallon jugs of gas. I used it all up and then had to fill up my tank in the afternoon and add another 5 gallon jug. And I still didn't have enough gas to get home to Sacto. :shock:

Wish there were more clubs like GGLC.

Maybe Wilson will start one... :D

Was nice seeing everyone out there again, hope to see even more Evo's out there next time!

-david

dohcvtec
09-13-2005, 09:30 PM
Nice, now I'm even more upset I didn't get to go. :( Sounds like it was a nice day; GGLC is the best for seat time.

earlyapex
09-13-2005, 09:47 PM
AWESOME DAY.

So glad I decided to go. Weather was great. Was great to see all the familar faces again. Track was fast.

I also did my best time today. Feels like the RA1's are finally getting to their prime. :)

2:05.6 8)

I destroyed my PF pads today. Time to step up to some more aggressive pads. I also think I really need to get a better seat. My whole body is sore as hell now from holding myself in one place, even with a harness!

Was great to see Percy, David, Tommy and Evan.

And of course Tony (methods4), I got the fastest lap time crown now beeeotch!!!!!!!!! :lol:

I took some assorted photos, I'll post them later when I get the time.

crctslt
09-13-2005, 09:57 PM
Excellent! Lots of fast times :D , lots of black flags :x

The day started out well. I altered some of my suspension settings and the car was definately faster. I was running well and easily ran 2:08:06 in my second session. For about half and hour I was faster than Bryan :D The lap after the 2:08 I came up to turn 6 and the right front let go. The car started to slide then hooked up which started the car fishtailing which led to an off to the inside just after 6. The car then jumped back on track with very little control. I took it off track to the outside since it felt like I had a flat tire. When the tow truck came out we discovered that the bead had separated from the rim. He tried to pop the bead back into place and inflate the tire without sucess. We weren't able to get the truck's lift boom under the car since it was too low. I drove the car onto the access road between turn 6 and the pit entrance and swapped on the donut. I found out why the tire wouldn't hold air :roll:

http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album288/Pictures_159.jpg

That pretty much ended my day. I tried going back out later with a tire I found in town in a tire shops scrap heap ( NEVAR SAY DIE!), but it just wasn't happening :( Oh well I am happy with my 2:08. Even considering we ran with the bypass I took approx. 11 secs. off my previous official best at TH. :D

hagakure
09-13-2005, 10:34 PM
Yes,

It was GOOD day for Evos! Bryan and Tony ran in the high 2:05-2:06 Range, I ran a 2:08.4, and David U ran a 2:09...before people try to chalk it up tot he improved run-off, all of us were making a dilligent effort to run on the legitimate track surface. I know that I was not using all the new asphalt on the esses. Mainly the run-off improved confidence, as I was able to carry between 95-100 MPH through 8 for the first time....

I accomplished my goal of going sub 2:10 at t-hill this year! Looking forward to runiing over the top of five, where I have actually been faster...I HATE the bypass!:)

Good time guys, nice hanging with everyone today. Thanks to Evan for his good attitute, as well as helping nme with my plugs and some trouble-shooting of my tune.

Percy

earlyapex
09-13-2005, 11:46 PM
Ok, here are some photos:

Tony telling Evan that his tire was a wussy tire cause it blowed up:

http://www.norcalmotorsports.org/users/bryan/albums/thunderhill_09_13_05/thill091305_01.jpg

Evan about to pummel Tony with Percy's jack because he called his tire a wussy cause it blowed up:

http://www.norcalmotorsports.org/users/bryan/albums/thunderhill_09_13_05/thill091305_04.jpg

Evan asking David if he can borrow some gas to throw on Tony and light him on fire:

http://www.norcalmotorsports.org/users/bryan/albums/thunderhill_09_13_05/thill091305_05.jpg

Little did Tony know that later on in the day his hoosier would also become a wussy tire:

http://www.norcalmotorsports.org/users/bryan/albums/thunderhill_09_13_05/thill091305_09.jpg

Spoiler stockade:

http://www.norcalmotorsports.org/users/bryan/albums/thunderhill_09_13_05/thill091305_06.jpg

Percy's car:

http://www.norcalmotorsports.org/users/bryan/albums/thunderhill_09_13_05/thill091305_07.jpg

My car:

http://www.norcalmotorsports.org/users/bryan/albums/thunderhill_09_13_05/thill091305_08.jpg

My time:

http://www.norcalmotorsports.org/users/bryan/albums/thunderhill_09_13_05/thill091305_10.jpg

Tommy raping a viper:

http://www.norcalmotorsports.org/users/bryan/albums/thunderhill_09_13_05/thill091305_02.jpg

Token Porsche engine shot:

http://www.norcalmotorsports.org/users/bryan/albums/thunderhill_09_13_05/thill091305_03.jpg

thomas
09-14-2005, 12:34 AM
yea today def was my best time at the track this season. best time meaning i had a blast today, not timed timed, haha. although i did feel good out therrre.

temp was great all day, got a little warm sitting in the car with the helmet on waiting for the track to clear, but most of the time the weather was perfect. couldnt ask for a better track date.

i agree, percy, i dont like the bypass. was hesistant up till the last session when i finally got a lil' comfortable with the blind off-camber right hander. geez.

thanks earlyapex for the pic. :D prolly will be the only time ill ever get to do that.

FYI guys. so i decided to run in group A after lunch today. um yea. i think ill stick with group B for a lil' bit longer. you guys make me nervous...
what a difference in groups. ima def gonna need to get better shoes and pads and a lil' more cajones to actually feel comfortable at that level.

all in all, so glad i went. couldnt have spent a tuesday any better!

*methods4, you kno how i told you my front passenger corner felt "soft," haha, i concluded that it was my overweight passenger :lol: had him sit out the last couple of sessions and it felt much better, smoother.

smack
09-14-2005, 10:14 AM
sounds like i missed a good time. damn :x

I accomplished my goal of going sub 2:10 at t-hill this year! Looking forward to runiing over the top of five, where I have actually been faster...I HATE the bypass!:)

congrats on the times but percy there is NO way you could be faster over the top.
look at any of the tt #'s and you can see adding the hill is good for 3-4 secs. a lap.
you would have to go through the bypass in first to give up that much there.

just as i thought though about the extra run off, i was sure that extra bit in 8 would help.
i figured no one would really run out there but that you could use the whole track with
confidence.
how was 14-15? did having that extra room outside change your line? hard to tell but
in the pics it seemed like you could make it more of a double apex type combo.

glad everyone had fun, stayed safe and got faster. i better get out there so i can catch up. :D

dohcvtec
09-14-2005, 10:27 AM
Glad you all had a good time. Sorry about your tire Evan, that blows. literally :)

I really enjoy the bypass. I guess from running with NASA so much I'm used to it, since that is how they ALWAYS run it. The blind off camber is a thrill ride for passengers. :)

earlyapex
09-14-2005, 10:32 AM
I actually enjoyed the bypass too, it was pretty fun when you hit it right.

Sean, I thought bypass made the track 2-3 secs faster? 4 sounds like a lot.

The extra room in 14-15 made a big difference to me. My corner exit speeds into the front straight where up alot.

hagakure
09-14-2005, 10:37 AM
sounds like i missed a good time. damn :x

congrats on the times but percy there is NO way you could be faster over the top.
look at any of the tt #'s and you can see adding the hill is good for 3-4 secs. a lap.
you would have to go through the bypass in first to give up that much there.

just as i thought though about the extra run off, i was sure that extra bit in 8 would help.
i figured no one would really run out there but that you could use the whole track with
confidence.
how was 14-15? did having that extra room outside change your line? hard to tell but
in the pics it seemed like you could make it more of a double apex type combo.

glad everyone had fun, stayed safe and got faster. i better get out there so i can catch up. :D

Well.....

All of my previous times using the Bypass have been slower than my times over the top of 5....so, go figure. I'm VERY slow over the bypass....so I know for me the difference would be no more than a second or so at best. I have spoken with others that have shared my sentiments, as well as a few instructors that have told me that if you are really off over the bypass it can be slower....so, not trying to be oppositional, but that's my experience. We'll test out the theory in november w/NASA. Also, remember that it's not just your speed that you go over the bypass that can affect lap time, but how much you slow before going up the hill can have an effect on your overall entry speed. I BLAST up over the top of 5 because I can get ina rythym. The bypass always creeps me out to the degree that I slow WAY down on my approach. food for thought.

Percy

methods4
09-14-2005, 02:24 PM
As usual, I had a great time with GGLC. 185 on track miles in 5.5 sessions. I sat out 1.5. Weather was perfect.

It was a lot of fun with our small group of Evos and one lone DSMer(CircusSlut).

I actually never got into the 2:06 range. Fastest lap for me was a 2:07.2 with a passenger in the car. Bryan is the winner of our 1 on 1 battle this time by a second and a half. I need more power. He was pulling on me like a raped ape in all 4 straights!

Percy, David and Evan, you guys are all improving tremendously. You guys are going to force me to buy more go-fast goodies to try and stay ahead. :P Tommy, I didn't get to see ride with you or anything, but I noticed you were staying ahead of most of the field in B group. Nice job.

I agree with Bryan's comments about the seats. I've been complaining about them since my first track event in the Evo. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and get a racing bucket.

I ended up spending about $140 on gas for the day. I only got 4.5mpg! I used to get like 7-8. Gas was $3.95/gal for 92 octane.

I have some pics and will get them uploaded some time tonight. Great seeing everyone again.

Did anyone else see the poor Hondaboi throw a fit after his eleventeenth off for the day? It was pretty funny.

smack
09-14-2005, 03:33 PM
I actually enjoyed the bypass too, it was pretty fun when you hit it right.

Sean, I thought bypass made the track 2-3 secs faster? 4 sounds like a lot.

The extra room in 14-15 made a big difference to me. My corner exit speeds into the front straight where up alot.

i looked around some more and it's definately based on car weight.
looks like quick spec miatas are only down 2 sec.(only car i could find that low) or so.
an m3 was about 2.5 and most everything else was 3+.
i figure we're on pace with the m3 so 3 secs. sound pretty reasonable.

nice times everyone btw.

crctslt
09-14-2005, 08:21 PM
Holy crap Bryan. I lolled.

You know, Tony's lucky... David said I could have the gas, I just couldn't find any matches. :x

I do mean things to tires :(

earlyapex
09-15-2005, 03:16 PM
I added and consolidated photos here:

http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6021