PDA

View Full Version : HKS Fcon Vpro

DRFTR8
08-30-2005, 10:36 AM
ok guys, where can i go to tune my Fcon Vpro... i want a shop that wont "try" to tune it... money dont grow on trees so i need it tune once and right... so any suggestions...

JanSolo
08-30-2005, 11:02 AM
XS Engineering in SoCal.

DRFTR8
08-30-2005, 11:08 AM
i need local shops so i just drop it off... cant drive it down..thanx though

hellz Evo
08-30-2005, 11:12 AM
I can help with that. Call me at 209 477 7794.

BOOSTonHanD
08-30-2005, 08:12 PM
sp engineering. arnt they around here

Matz
08-30-2005, 10:05 PM
Pardon the stupid question, but I've always been under the impression that you can get a pretty darn tune just letting the FCon VPro do it automatically. I've heard you hook it up, drive it around a bunch, and it tunes itself quite well. Does anyone here have this box?

jbigelow
08-31-2005, 07:24 AM
MOTORSPORT DYNAMICS in sacramento is a HKS FCON VPRO dealer, installer, and tuner.

-john

MontinolaRacing
08-31-2005, 10:13 AM
Pardon the stupid question, but I've always been under the impression that you can get a pretty darn tune just letting the FCon VPro do it automatically. I've heard you hook it up, drive it around a bunch, and it tunes itself quite well. Does anyone here have this box?

the fcon cannot be tuned by driving it around.. what u do while you are tuning on a dyno is put it in self tune mode to assist the tuner more for drivability...

i have driven on the street with it on this same mode and in a few miles your car gets super rich and will eventually shut off.. its no fun.. it needs to be tuned first on a dyno from someone who knows how to tune the v pro...

Matz
08-31-2005, 12:17 PM

the fcon cannot be tuned by driving it around.. what u do while you are tuning on a dyno is put it in self tune mode to assist the tuner more for drivability...

i have driven on the street with it on this same mode and in a few miles your car gets super rich and will eventually shut off.. its no fun.. it needs to be tuned first on a dyno from someone who knows how to tune the v pro...

Got it, thanks for the clarification.

DRFTR8
08-31-2005, 12:17 PM
MOTORSPORT DYNAMICS in sacramento is a HKS FCON VPRO dealer, installer, and tuner.

-john

Dude, im there...wanna go with me when i get it...

jbigelow
08-31-2005, 01:13 PM

-john

IF I"M NOT WORKING, HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!

YOU KNOW I"M DOWN!!!!!!

-john

nebolic
08-31-2005, 02:10 PM

-john

you might have to call them and make an appointment in advance since they are pretty busy.

also they only have a 2wd dyno, so if you require dyno tuning, you might have to co-ordinate with other shops or inquire with Motorsport Dynamics on that.

nebo

ZK
08-31-2005, 03:46 PM
Yeah, Motorsports Dynamics is the only HKS authorized F-con tuner in Northern California. Whether they are good or not is up for debate but no one but HKS authorized places have the official software to tune the F-con so your choices are limited.

Gruppe-S
09-01-2005, 02:13 AM
mike, i thought i already told u about the HKS F-Con master key thing.. :lol: you don't believe me? :lol:

Norcal - Motorsports Dynamic

Socal - SP Engineering and XS Engineering.

Are you plan on running GT series turbo? if so, F-Con is a very good choice. However if you are planning stay stock turbo setup, its over-kill.

DRFTR8
09-01-2005, 07:47 AM
mike, i thought i already told u about the HKS F-Con master key thing.. :lol: you don't believe me? :lol:

Norcal - Motorsports Dynamic

Socal - SP Engineering and XS Engineering.

Are you plan on running GT series turbo? if so, F-Con is a very good choice. However if you are planning stay stock turbo setup, its over-kill.

LOL.. i believed you :lol: ... oh yeah i am going to go with a GT series turbo, any good price?... BTW ill be there today to pick up some stuff..

jbigelow
09-01-2005, 12:19 PM
LOL.. i believed you :lol: ... oh yeah i am going to go with a GT series turbo, any good price?... BTW ill be there today to pick up some stuff..

:shock: drftr8 is a mayaman (filipino for BALLA BALLA) mofo!!!!!!!! :shock:

evo_dadi
09-01-2005, 07:17 PM

wait till tasha finds out :shock: :wink: :axe:

brwnrice
09-01-2005, 10:32 PM

wait till tasha finds out :shock: :wink: :axe:

:ninja: :cop:

DRFTR8
09-01-2005, 11:13 PM
^^ thank god she doesnt read this forum..but its hard to hide money in the sock drawer...specially the ones :lol:

wilson1
09-01-2005, 11:26 PM
^^ thank god she doesnt read this forum..but its hard to hide money in the sock drawer...specially the ones :lol:

:lol:

What's you tel# again, Mike?

evo_dadi
09-01-2005, 11:32 PM

hey i can hold your money for you :wink: :lol:

Matz
11-28-2005, 08:25 PM
Hey DRFTR8, did you ever get the fcon vpro installed? My cousin is pushing me to get it in my Evo, and I was wondering what you thought of it. Can you bypass it completely and run the stock ECU program? In other words, if I hate it, can I flip a switch and just run with the WORKS P2? Also, do you know if it's required to go speed density?

DRFTR8
11-28-2005, 11:39 PM
Hey DRFTR8, did you ever get the fcon vpro installed? My cousin is pushing me to get it in my Evo, and I was wondering what you thought of it. Can you bypass it completely and run the stock ECU program? In other words, if I hate it, can I flip a switch and just run with the WORKS P2? Also, do you know if it's required to go speed density?

no i never got it cuz no one can tune it locally.. so i didnt bother searching for one or driving far

Matz
11-28-2005, 11:48 PM

no i never got it cuz no one can tune it locally.. so i didnt bother searching for one or driving far

Ok, thanks. I guess I may end up being the guinea pig at some point, then. :)