PDA

View Full Version : tire wear

twst_evo_04
08-30-2005, 10:17 PM
anyone know where i could get a good camber kit for the front. My evo is lowered 1.4 in the front and the inside of my tires r wearing down fast. My rear ones have no problem.

MitsuMan
08-30-2005, 10:23 PM
thats not that much of a drop, hmm did you already rotate the stock strut bolts to the positive camber potition?

vtluu
08-30-2005, 10:32 PM
Have you gotten your alignment checked? Front toe-out will cause heavier inside tread wear in the front tires. Ask me how I know. ;-)

earlyapex
08-30-2005, 11:07 PM
Yea get an alignment and get your toe in check, toe kills tires, not camber.

Did you get an alignment after you lowered the car?

twst_evo_04
08-31-2005, 07:48 PM
i haven't did my alignmet yet, I did even notice the tire wear untill i rotated my tires this past weekend. I didn't even think lowering it just 1.4 in the front would be that bad.

earlyapex
08-31-2005, 08:58 PM
i haven't did my alignmet yet, I did even notice the tire wear untill i rotated my tires this past weekend. I didn't even think lowering it just 1.4 in the front would be that bad.

That is why, you MUST do an alignment anytime you do anything with the suspension, espically lowering it. Lowering it changes the suspension geometry and throws off toe and camber.

That is why you have inside wear, your toe is out of wack. Get an alignment!

8)

MitsuMan
08-31-2005, 10:32 PM
ha ha ha adding neg camber incresses your toe in and now your like doing double damage to the inside of the tires glad its your car not mine

if it didn't need gas to run ...some people wouldn't know where to put it in

twst_evo_04
09-02-2005, 11:53 AM
ya i figured that would be it. I guess i need to take care of that asap.

vtluu
09-02-2005, 01:40 PM
Adding negative camber actually creates more toe-in due to the caster.

Regardless, get that alignment checked!

bdking57
09-05-2005, 07:15 AM
I had specific specs in mind so I just took the car to firestone recently and had them tweak the alignment that auto innovations did on my car after th spring install...I really had to push them to do what I wanted, so I wouldnt suggest just leaving your car there. I had them 0 out the toe in addition to the camber adjustments. Just had my tires rotated after 2 autox though and I definately noticed something funky on my hanook Rs2s. Seemed like one of the inner bands on the tires was wearing faster then the inside or the outside?..weird

chrisw
09-05-2005, 07:42 AM
ha ha ha adding neg camber incresses your toe out and now your like doing double damage to the inside of the tires glad its your car not mine

if it didn't need gas to run ...some people wouldn't know where to put it in

it's actually the other way around. The EVO with the steering rack behind the axle, adds toe in when you increase the negative camber.

earlyapex
09-05-2005, 10:34 AM
Seemed like one of the inner bands on the tires was wearing faster then the inside or the outside?..weird

Check your tire pressures, sounds like it might be too high.

bdking57
09-06-2005, 01:28 PM
yeah.. the guy did say something about tire pressure.. but i thought he said it was to low.. its funny cause at autox i have found i need to run the front tire 7psi higher already. I have the front tires at 42psi and the reare at 35 and im still not wearing all the way to the edge on the rear tires.. plus they were getting that funky wear pattern

earlyapex
09-06-2005, 01:30 PM
I have the front tires at 42psi and the reare at 35 and im still not wearing all the way to the edge on the rear tires

Sounds like you have the pressures way too high, If it's not wearing to the edge you have them too high. Try lowering them, you will get more grip as well.

MitsuMan
09-07-2005, 10:21 AM
just aligned bayareaevo's car on sat man his toe was way out (over a degree total toe) and he said it had already been aligned for the price of tires not getting aligned is crazy especially if your driving hard