PDA

View Full Version : Muellerized/RRE Motons

Strider
08-31-2005, 09:55 PM
We have both the triple adjustable Motorsport and the double adjustable Clubsport systems here at Road Race Chassis. We also have the proper front camber plates and rear spherical bearing holders to bolt these pieces on an EVO in stock. Track testing on these components will start this week, here is a pic of the right front corner of our test car with the Motorsport strut here in our shop:
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evo/jordan/moton-front.jpg
Please send any questions you may have to my email, john@gonna be banned soon

vtluu
08-31-2005, 10:15 PM
Funny story about the Moton Motorsports. Navid and I were dialing in his car at a test & tune event for Solo2 Nationals, at Atwater a couple weeks ago. We ran with the Motons Saturday and halfway through Sunday. Navid didn't like the way they were handling and we put the Ohlins Road&Tracks back on the car. I took the car out for a drive and ran a full second faster than I ever had with the Motons. (And my times were pretty consistent; this was an "all you can drive" event and I'd already done about a half-dozen runs just that day.) Navid drove the car and he ran a full second faster as well. We were able to replicate this same result lap after lap thereafter.

It's not totally clear if it was the shocks or the slightly softer spring rates on the Ohlins that helped, but it just goes to show that more expensive is not necessarily better.

e8
08-31-2005, 10:47 PM
that's definitely interesting.

earlyapex
08-31-2005, 11:32 PM
It's not totally clear if it was the shocks or the slightly softer spring rates on the Ohlins that helped, but it just goes to show that more expensive is not necessarily better.

Ahaha, prepare to feel the wraith of Mueller. :shock:

john@rre
09-01-2005, 12:02 AM
but it just goes to show that more expensive is not necessarily better.
You are correct, more expensive is not always better. An excellent example of this is the fact our EVO went 1:59s at Thunderhill in July on an 18 month old set of JICs, which are even less expensive than the Ohlins.

Proper set-up for the course conditions is always the key to speed, no matter what brand of components one uses.

wilson1
09-01-2005, 12:43 AM
looks awesome!

Please keep us informed on the testing.

Unowned
09-02-2005, 12:53 PM
i can't wait to see how well they perform at Infineon!

Cameron@xperformance
09-02-2005, 04:02 PM
are you guys running the tripples?

Strider
09-02-2005, 07:37 PM

Yes, the Moton Motorsports. :)

Cameron@xperformance
09-02-2005, 08:16 PM

i didnt know the motorsports were the tripples :oops:

wilson1
09-02-2005, 10:54 PM

i didnt know the motorsports were the tripples :oops:

The clubsports area the double adjustable system.

vtluu
09-03-2005, 01:07 AM
Yes, I believe John said that. (See my sig?)

Cameron@xperformance
09-03-2005, 08:28 AM
i was looking at the moton website.....they make a 4 way adjustable! who needs that?

john@rre
09-03-2005, 10:00 PM
looks awesome!

So far so good, during testing on Friday, I ran well under the existing ITE lap record.

Today Kent is on the pole with a new qualifying lap record running a 1:45.2, he took almost 3 seconds off of the existing qualifying record. :D

wilson1
09-03-2005, 10:10 PM
looks awesome!

So far so good, during testing on Friday, I ran well under the existing ITE lap record.

Today Kent is on the pole with a new qualifying lap record running a 1:45.2, he took almost 3 seconds off of the existing qualifying record. :D

Wow, you guys are truly awesome! 8)

How much of that is due to those motons?

john@rre
09-03-2005, 10:46 PM
How much of that is due to those motons?
The Motons make a significant difference, but the rest of our package has evolved quite a bit also. It would be great if you could check out our car in person at the track in the morning. Hopefully I will see you there.

Unowned
09-04-2005, 09:11 AM
looks awesome!

305s! 8)

Unowned
09-05-2005, 08:54 AM
The car looked great, on turn 2 with almost 0 body roll. I noticed that Kent got on the throttle much sooner after the Apex than all the RWD cars :D. We saw a lot of miatas getting squirrely a couple of times when they tried to get on it as soon as the Evo did.

wilson1
09-05-2005, 10:10 AM
Matt,

Did you ask Kent to take your car out for a spin and see what i would do?

Unowned
09-05-2005, 02:46 PM
Matt,

Did you ask Kent to take your car out for a spin and see what i would do?

Actually I'd rather have John since Kent is still a Rookie :D